1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I feel lost

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by DunbleBoy, Apr 4, 2018.

1. DunbleBoy

DunbleBoy New Fapstronaut

I'm 22 years old,
    I've never had a girlfriend in my life, I'm still a virgin, I don't work and my social life is shit.
    I only have like 5 close friends who I see once in a month because I don't have money to go out with them.
    My crush who was one of my best friends ignores me
    I'm so tired of this life please help me!

2. Karimtolstoi

Karimtolstoi Fapstronaut

Hello,
    Sincerely I see you have no problems man except the fact that you don't work. Do you study instead?
    Personnally, I am nearly 27 never had a girlfriend, still a virigin and my social life is shit but I have a work:D.
    Be optimistic about life because optimism is what motivates you to keep improving yourself.

jfk5, Deleted Account and Buddhabro like this.
  3. Father Dan

Father Dan Fapstronaut

Yeah definitely make the job your first priority, unless you are studying of course, then focus on that.

As a first step try a recruitment agency, the work they give you will be pretty basic and not that well paid. This will depend on your current skill set of course. It is in their best interest to get you hired, provided you pass a drug test and are reliable, because they get a small cut of what the employer pays. It's a start, that's the point. Its only temporary, it can support you if you decide to study or are already studying. It can also be a stepping stone until you find a better job.

Have you and your best friend/crush had some sort of falling out? If so is there anything you can do to make amends, or otherwise mend the relationship.

Having only 5 close friends is perfectly ok, I mean a few really good mates is much better than hundreds of acquaintances. If the only thing preventing you from seeing them is money, I'm sure there are some activities that you can all do for free. Hiking for example is a cheap activity, if you stay local. Being outside is a great way to clear your head and enjoy shooting the shit with your mates. Also once you try the recruitment agency thing, money isn't as much of an issue.

As far as the girlfriend, there is plenty of time for that my friend. It is more important to prioritise your job/study prospects and your current friends at this point. Don't put too much on your plate, by pressuring yourself to have a girlfriend as well.

Good luck mate, keep your chin up. Be patient, take baby steps, you'll get there.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. theMashine

theMashine Fapstronaut

Hello,
    You are so young to be tired of life.
    There will be so many other things in future and you must stop looking in the past. There is tone of the people here with similar problems and they try to give there best to fight them. Please try to take some time to think positive about your life. I'm sure it must be some part of your life that make you proud of yourself ( you are good person, honest friend, etc..). You will see that all the time that you spend now having positive thoughts will bring back to you as good life in future. Stay strong men

5. Lonewolfpt

Lonewolfpt Fapstronaut

I would say that your first priority must be finding a job. If money is an issue than fix that by finding a job.

You have 5 close friends mate? I have zero. How blessed you are. But if you rely your hapiness on others you will eventually be disappointed. Work in yourself

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

Seriously I see problems everywhere.

You are thinking that if you will have girlfriend she will fill all that void and everything will be great.
    Guess what, it wont. Even if you had one she would eventually broke up with you or she would need to be even more desperate than you.

Remember this: Relationship in your life should be like icing on the cake, not the cake itself.
    Your life on its own should be good as cake: friends, hobbies, activities, passion, fun. Then you will easily attract your 'icing'.
    And the icing will make your cake even better and even more tasty.

But if your life sux and you have only icing without any cake and pretend that the icing is the whole cake, then it wont be very tasty and wont last very long.
    And in relationship, both people are always eating the same cake, and if it is not good, you will have problems to find somebody who will eat it with you.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
    Deleted Account and Lonewolfpt like this.
  7. Lonewolfpt

Lonewolfpt Fapstronaut

Ur so right JustinX, sometimes what is difficult is to create the cake. It takes time, energy and resources. But its worth it

8. jfk5

jfk5 Fapstronaut

I can relate so much with this post. And this is so true. The best thing you can do for yourself is to get a job. It may be stressful sometimes but it gives you something to look forward to everyday.