1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Creative Writing, anyone?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Such Small Hands, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Such Small Hands

Such Small Hands Fapstronaut

Just checking if anyone else uses creative writing as an outlet/refuge from this stupid addiction. I'm not good at fighting back my lusts but I do find that expressing my tensions and struggles through writing (particularly in poetry) I can discover a measure of calm usually unavailable to me, especially after a relapse.

I started writing poetry in my daily log to chart my troubles and release dark thoughts, especially thoughts of self-loathing. If you want to check them out, go ahead, though they're mostly diary entries of misery.

Anyone else write to help themselves, or just out of mere passion (also the case with me, since I want to write professionally, one day...) for the medium?

2. writing is beautiful !! ... it's like listening to the words whispering in the air, I got to write a couple of books that were only in projects, poetry is also something ideal, or at least for me, you learn so many words and their meanings , you can fill a writing of splendor.

Such Small Hands and IronDog like this.
  3. I'm a writer. Can't say it really had any effect on my urges or my nofap journey, but it's fun.

Such Small Hands likes this.
  4. IronDog

IronDog Fapstronaut

I write my thoughts and dreams down all of time. I use it to figure out who I want to be and what I want from life. Its incredibly helpful for me. I think it helps me to focus. As far as creative writing, it is also an amazing way to get involved in stories, ideas, poems, etc..... another place to turn when you aren't feeling your best. A place to vent or create characters that might overcome what you are facing.

5. Theguywiththething

Theguywiththething Fapstronaut

I do. I've taken a few classes in college, and I've finished short stories on my own. I haven't really buckled down and finished anything in like a year, but I'd love to. I mostly dabble in short stories, between twenty and sixty pages (4000 to 10000 words.) I find that thats enough space to finish an idea without being daunting. Mostly I write "adventure stories."

Is a nofap writing group too much to ask?

6. Somnambulist

Somnambulist Fapstronaut

I finally got around to writing my first novel last year (it's still unedited). It was fueled entirely by my desperation to have at least one accomplishment in life before I turned 30. Using it as a self-improvement tool is a tried, tested, and true method.

7. Sardonic

Sardonic Fapstronaut

When I was first looking at getting on NoFap one video I saw suggested "getting a passion/hobby" and I felt like doing some writing, so I started. I wanted to write about the thought process that got me onto Nofap and how the first 90 days went (I'm not sure if this is technically "creative" writing though) but I've been doing it off and on for over 4 months, at this point it is like I'm writing myself a self help book. I've considered giving poetry a try too, not sure yet.

8. I love to write in double meanings since it really exercises the mind, but I can’t do it these days, feels difficult to focus and think and it really burns and strssses me out. Anyone feel this way?

9. SirImprovement

SirImprovement Fapstronaut

I'm planning on writing to ingrain knowledge into my character. So yeah, it sounds hella fun