1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to be a loser

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by simonfreemason, Apr 8, 2018.

1. noonoon

noonoon Fapstronaut

I could care less what you post. Your world view is no threat to my own.

2. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

Not trying to pick a fight here, but.... isn't that like choosing to follow Hitler despite all that he did to cleanse the world?

Faith isn't meant to be easy.

3. asbgca

asbgca Fapstronaut

There's a big difference called Tradition. The Nazi party didn't have centuries' old tradition. It sprung up from the (likely deranged) minds of a small group of people - though mind you they were responding to some very real concerns in German society at the time.

All major religions have long-standing traditions, things like holy books, rituals, interpretations, etc. All these things make religion 'smoother' and less extreme than a political party like the Nazis. The tradition is meant to ensure that what you're following is really the word of God and not some lunatic. Of course reason and morals are supposed to play a role there too - for some people that's a huge role.

All I was saying, people who follow a faith usually don't do it because of rational or moral arguments but because of a sense of power that God has over them (and that they in turn have in their lives through God). That's the meaning of statements like "the peace of God that passeth all understanding".