1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What to do?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Covert, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Covert

Covert Fapstronaut

Myself here still now battling with PMO, but in this post I just want to know about a different thing.

1st of all I would like to inform you all that I am not a body builder or nothing like that. I did a little bit of free hand exercising, then get myself admitted to a gym of poor quality without any trainer.

The problem is that I noticed that my right side of chest form is different than my left side, its slightly better shaped or slightly better pumped. I think this due to improper exercise technique. This is the reason I left that gym within one month. After that many years passed.

Now I try to run, jog and walk, means these are the exercise regime that I try to follow, but sometimes I want to get into a gym but the fear that my right side of chest will get developed than the left side, so a deformation will form and I will be a subject of joke to others and myself. I don't want to be a body builder, just want to stay fit. I want to know that if I get myself into a gym and do push ups, etc will the problem be aggravated or there is a way to eradicate this problem. In this context I want to convey that still now battling with anxiety, fear along with PMO and not in a financial state that I can hire a personal trainer for me.

I just want to do something different apart from running, jogging and walking as forms of exercises that will help me in battling these problems along with my NoFap journey. Hope that I am able to convey my problem. So anyone out there If you can guide me or provide me anything helpful.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  2. CrimsnBlade

CrimsnBlade Fapstronaut

Look into Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe. It isn't what it would seem. It's not a "get huge" thing or something that will turn you into a body builder, but research is showing that strength training is really good for you and will keep you fit and functional. I'm going to buy this book pretty soon but I've read and listened to some of his stuff before.

3. skyhit

skyhit Fapstronaut

Learn new skills:
    ⚫ Try parkour.
    ⚫ Learning a new language
    ⚫ Reading novels ( great one )
    ⚫ New sport
    ⚫ Movies
    Learn something new! Feel something exciting.
    Make something good with your life.

4. Covert

Covert Fapstronaut

1st of all thanks for your reply and for the reference of the above said book. I don't want to be a body builder at all I just want to try another form of exercise but my above said fear is abstaining me from doing that. Hope I am able to clear myself.

skyhit likes this.
  5. CrimsnBlade

CrimsnBlade Fapstronaut

Bodyweight exercises are always good too. There's some good apps out there that will take you through guided bodyweight workouts. I haven't tried them but people seem to like Sworkit Pro and I think it's free. You could look into that.

Do some research too and find what seems interesting to you. Don't be afraid to try it. Bodyweight exercises are good because you can do them at your own home without worrying about getting anxiety about going to the gym.

You could always buy a jump rope or some perfect push ups. Simple things like that can add to your at home workout as well.

skyhit likes this.
  6. Covert

Covert Fapstronaut

Thanks for your reply mate, but my problem doesn't seem to be sorted out. Hope you can understand me from my point.

7. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

I had/have same problem. Improper technique is probably possible but the real reason is limited flexibility on your left side. If your muscles are stiffed muscles in your left shoulder and rotator (scapular winging) it always fucks your technique and you use different muscles that you should.
    General rules how to fix muscle imbalance
    1. Fix the flexibility (there are so many videos on the youtube about any excercise or any gym problem)
    2. Use unilateral exercises (exercises where you have separate weight in each hand for example use dumbbells instead of barbell for bench) - so you can train each side properly.
    3. Start working on weak side first and as much excercise you can do on your weaker side do also on your stronger side but no more.

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. Vicious masturbation is the number 1 cause for an imbalance in upper body muscularity. So try out the other hand :p

Seriously though focus on form...look at yourself in a mirror, watch youtube videos but practice making lifts with both sides look identical.
    Use smaller weights when doing this. It really helps muscle balance and work the stabalizer muscles when you do this. Get off the fixed machines and use dumbells, barbells, or the cable machines.

There is also less danger to be a little unbalanced from right tonleft side on your body. The big concern is imbalance between opposing muscles groups (hamstring and quads) especially around major joints. So supplement push exercises with pull exercises

9. Yes I missed flexibility in my last post...very important...my biggest improvement to my health was picking up kickboxing which has improved my lower body flexibility much more than yoga or anything else. Feel amazing

10. Covert

Covert Fapstronaut

Thanks for your reply mate. Really it means a lot that some people look upon your problems and try to give their insights. Can you provide some details on how you fix your problem. I want to take admission in a gym but I am of fear that going to a gym will worsen my problem and my right chest will get bigger than my left and then I will a subject of joke. Hope you understand, anxiety and fear playing a pivotal role in this.

Note: My tight chest cutting is more appropriate than the left side, means my right pec is more appropriate.

11. Covert

Covert Fapstronaut

Will doings regular pushups worsen my condition?

Note: I am planning to start pushup in my exercise regime.