1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

***The Exercise Challenge***

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by LoyalKnight, Jun 26, 2017.

1. immadothis

immadothis Fapstronaut

imma do strecthing , day 5

2. Duellant

Duellant Fapstronaut

Sunday: only a little bit of running
    Monday: pull-ups with palms outwards
    Today: handstand

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    I_can_and_I_will likes this.
  3. Baldur

Baldur Fapstronaut

Well, there are some exercises that can be similiarly done with a dumbbell. A kettlebell is a different animal though.
    A get-up can be done with a dumbbell as well.
    I highly recommend you this tutorial for it (TRIGGERWARNING! It triggers to exercise more. :D):

It is a full body exercise that is a lot of fun. :)

While I agree with the heavy compound exercises, I have to disagree with some of the isolation work.
    Chin ups for example have shown to be (to my knowledge) to be an even better bicep builder than the curl, while including a lot of other muscles.
    Doing deadlifts, squats, military/push-presses, cleans/snatches, heavy standing barbell/kettlebell work is going to build a tremendously strong core. No extra training needed imo.
    The overhead-press develops the long head of the triceps a bit better than most other exercises, while including the other two heads fairly well.
    Close grip benchpress is brilliant for triceps development and other muscles as well.

My advice? Do full body all the time and add a bit of isolation work (if needed) at the end. (My view on it is that isolation work impedes the
    more important full body compound exercises.)
    Have fun! =)

Good advice so far, @Dane17. I tip my hat to you! It makes me happy to see another being seeing the value of full body compound training!

Update:
    I did a RKC deep six with my trusty 24 kg kettlebell. Boy that was tough. But the fact that I could do it makes me proud of myself and happy.
    Half a year ago my 16 kg was crushing me.
    Life is getting better! =)

Cheers and keep on training you wonderful people!

/Baldur

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  4. Duellant

Duellant Fapstronaut

Great stuff! This made me think: I need some weights too.
    I'm dedicated to become fitter and also build more muscle this summer. So adding some weight training to my varied exercises should help. Maybe those kettlebells...

By the way, maybe there should be a trigger warning for that training-video. Didn't trigger me to anything else though, as for exercising more :cool:

I_can_and_I_will and Baldur like this.
  5. oneaffidavit

oneaffidavit Fapstronaut

Guys, Thank you so much for the advice.

I just started weights today. I don't even know the proper names of all that stuff. Only things I recognized are 2.5 kg dumb bells (-_- I am skinny). I have done 6 different exercises of 10 reps x 2 times overall 20 min. and also walked for 2km on threadmill before. I might require little bit of time to learn names and usage of equipment, exercises and get used to the feeling.

I am just going to start a dairy for this for knowledge and tracking things.

6. immadothis

immadothis Fapstronaut

imma do some yoga, gotta make my kidney qi stronger ,(yesterday)

7. Baldur

Baldur Fapstronaut

Awesome! =) Whether you train with or without weight - training by itself will be a life changing experience! :) Maybe via a sport or just general preparedness.
    I personally can recommend you the dragon door kettlebells. They are expensive, but the best (in my opinion). Maybe you have access to a gym having them so you can try.
    If you want to go into the kettlebellgame I can recommend you Pavels Enter the Kettlebell (it is on youtube). Learn good form first and then go heavy. Form is very important for longevity and injury prevention.

Cheers!
    /Baldur

8. immadothis

immadothis Fapstronaut

day 6 again yoga, tommorow should be day 7, they call it testeorone boost , so that may be why ive been lazy, maybe tension bulding up idk

9. Baldur

Baldur Fapstronaut

A lot of groundfighting and some short weighted jogging.
    Cheers!
    /Baldur

10. Baldur

Baldur Fapstronaut

Slacklining and kettlebell fun.
    Keep the updates coming my fellow fapstronauts!
    /Baldur

11. immadothis

immadothis Fapstronaut

mmh, I used to go to a lot to the gym but can you please tell like in a week, so squats +deadlifts monday wedsnday benchpress and overhead press and then friday pull ups and biceps curl and sunday standing skull crushers, idk I use to them classics man, I'm willing to do them but I just even after going a lot, I still don't know shit

12. Duellant

Duellant Fapstronaut

Today I did jogging for one hour. It was my longest run this year and I run to places where I've never been before (not so far away though :D

@immadothis you said the diet would be more important than the workout. So if I want gain some weight I really have to change my diet cause I'm eating like a bird :confused:

I_can_and_I_will and immadothis like this.
  13. Superadders

Superadders Fapstronaut

Depends on your goals really. If youre just looking for general strength and fitness development then id recommend working out 5-6 times a week. 2-3 weights sessions focusing on compound lifts like squats, bench press etc without neglecting any major muscle groups. 2-3 cardiovascular workouts - try different things (running, cycling, swimming, dancing, whatever) and see what works best for you. Each session an hour max. In terms of calories, I wouldnt worry too much about that. Although if youre looking to burn body fat, then try upping the aerobic workouts and incorporating intervals to boost your calorie burning potential. And dont forget the importance of diet too.

14. Superadders

Superadders Fapstronaut

Yikes, its been an age since I last posted! Good working out everyone. Keep those precious bodies moving!

Just a recap for those that are new, Im an 800 metre athlete based in UK. Been competing on the track for well over 5 years. Been training hard as preparation for the upcoming racing season. Used to post my weekly training before getting injured! Back in shape now though. Last week looked like this:

Mon - 5.8 miles easy (37 mins)
    Tue - Weights and core - dumbbell bench press, chest flys, clap press ups, pull ups, dumbbell rows, Nordic leg curls, Russian twists, hanging leg raises (20 sets total)
    Wed - Intervals - 6 x 1km off 2 mins (average 3:06/km)
    Thur - am: 5.2 miles easy (39 mins), pm: Military press, dumbell shoulder press, lateral raises, barbell curls, lying tricep extension, tricep dips, dumbbell shrugs, bicycle crunches, alternate leg and arm raise on exercise ball (18 sets total)
    Fri - am: 5.2 miles easy (38 mins), pm: Hill sprints - 6 x 300m off 2 mins
    Sat - 4.5 miles easy (34 mins)
    Sun - 9.6 miles (65 mins)

15. immadothis

immadothis Fapstronaut

some yoga for my kidney! day 7
    mmh tnx, Imma write this and look into it, but also I'm about to run a 10miles in a few days and the last time I trained, I only could run 2kilometres, so 1 and a half miles, but I'm still gonna go, on that time I was on day 0:)

16. Yesterday I've finally again started my full body workout program.
    I did: Squats, Dead Lifts, Pull ups and Chin ups, OHP, Flat Bench press, Dips and Farmer walks.
    I'm feeling great! Workout was hard, after DL I wanted to go home, but I managed to finish it till the end! Sadly my gym doesn't posses kettlebells but I will try using dumbells to replace them in my next workout.

Baldur and I_can_and_I_will like this.
  17. Baldur

Baldur Fapstronaut

Awesome program! :) You can do the OHP and the get-up with a dumbell.

Update:
    I went on hiking the whole weekend. Barefoot. Now I'm tired and will go to sleep.
    Cheers!
    /Baldur

18. immadothis

immadothis Fapstronaut

19. Superadders

Superadders Fapstronaut

Good effort! Thats longer than my run today ;) How was it? Thats a massive step up from your previous 1.5 miles. So going back to the earlier question, what are your goals?

Another training week completed:

Mon - am: 5.2 miles easy (37 mins), pm: Circuits - pull ups, squat thrusts, bicycle crunches, press ups, plyometric lunges, tricep dips, leg raises (4 circuits)
    Tue - 6 miles easy (40 mins)
    Wed - Intervals - 6 x 600m off 2 mins (average 1:45)
    Thur - 4.5 miles easy (32 mins)
    Fri - am: 5.2 miles easy (37 mins), pm: Weights and core - power cleans, squats, calf raises, bench press, pull ups, leg curl, plank, hanging leg raises (21 sets total)
    Sat - 4.5 miles easy (34 mins)
    Sun - 8.7 miles (60 mins)

Track season approaching, so going to start reducing mileage and increasing speed, intensity and track sessions.

Good exercising everyone.

20. immadothis

immadothis Fapstronaut

bro it was actually crazy, I was running with 40 000 people , some where almost dying , there was fire and stuff, but it took me under 2hours, but yeah what happend for me, what made me slow down was my back, my back hurted and then my heart wasn't ready but my legs where ready, but it's crazy man those times on them miles you have, you must be really good but I can understand, hard work is everything

Duellant likes this.