1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm so ashamed

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Music24, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Music24

Music24 New Fapstronaut

Hi,
    I'm from Barranquilla - Colombia.
    I currently have a girlfriend whom I'd like to marry, but I can't unless I leave masturbation. This is a big problem for me, because I've been practicing it since I was 12 years old, but my main problem is that I leave it for a while and then I fall into masturbation again and stronger than before, I see and I practice PMO, at least 2 or 3 times a day, I want to live without this, it makes me feel so dirty and betraying my girlfriend.
    Please help me, I just did it right now while I was writting this post, I'm feel alone, and so bad because I'm christian, so we think that these practices are sins, and I don't want to fail to God again neither my girlfriend.
    I'm so desperate.

Thanks for reading me.

2. Yanis

Yanis Fapstronaut

Welcome to the Nofap-community.
    I live in Germany and 99 % of the young people have sex with their partner before marrying.
    I am sure that about 90 % of the married men do masturbation (at least occasionally) after marriage.
    Are all these people sinners and dirty? I don’t think so. Sex is something very natural, doesn’t matter if a person is in a relationship or not.
    The main point is if you feel addicted to PM. Obviously you are.
    It’s a good idea to get rid of addiction before marriage. The NO PMO journey is not easy but worth the effort.
    The community will support you.
    Maybe you want to make some commitment- not to the community but to yourself.

byeoldfriend likes this.
  3. byeoldfriend

byeoldfriend Fapstronaut

Hi @Music24, I agree with @Yanis. Don't be so hard on yourself. I respect your believes, but the thing you must be worried about is not your religion but your future self. He is the one being betrayed, because this addiction may not cost you money, but it costs you time and the detriment of your will. It will take you each time closer to nowhere and further away from the person that you want to be.

Read the Getting Started guide, it will help you a lot to understand your problem.

There is also a forum in spanish, in case you want to say hello.

You are in the right place. Greetings from Medellín!