The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. DAY 18

POINT TO PONDER
    I need others in my life.
    VERSE TO REMEMBER
    "Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ." Galatians 6:2
    QUESTION TO CONSIDER
    What one step can I take today to connect with another believer at a more genuine, heart-to-heart level?

YOU’VE GOT TO GET CONNECTED
    Essentials for 21st Century Living
    Rick Warren

“It is not good for man to be alone.” Genesis. 2:18

God’s word for “connecting with others”:

I. WHY IS IT VITAL TO CONNECT WITH OTHERS?

II. WHAT IS IT LIKE TO BE SPIRITUALLY CONNECTED?

4 metaphors for being part of a church

1. IT’S LIKE BEING A ___________________

“You believers are like a building that God owns… Jesus is the most important stone in the building and the whole building is joined together in Christ… You are being built into a place where God lives through the Spirit.” Eph 2:20+22 (ICB)
    “We who believe are carefully joined together, becoming a holy temple for the Lord.” Eph. 2:21 (NLT)

· In a BUILDING, the connected parts ___________________

2. IT’S LIKE BEING A ___________________

“Just as there are many parts to our bodies, so it is with Christ’s Body. We are all parts of it, and it takes every one of us to make it complete, for we each have different work to do. So we belong to each other, and each of us needs all the others.” Rom. 12:4-5 (LB)
    “In Christ’s Body we’re all connected to each other…” Eph. 4:25b (Mes)
    “We are joined together in His Body by His strong sinews, and we grow as we get our nourishment and strength from God.” Col. 2:19 (NLT)

· In a BODY, the connected parts ___________________

3. IT’S LIKE BEING A ___________________

“God made us, and we are His. We are His people, the sheep of His pasture.” Ps. 100:3 (NLT)
    Take care of God’s flock, His people, that you are responsible for. Watch over them because you want to, not because you are forced to do it.” 1 Peter 5:2 (ICB)

· In a FLOCK, the sheep are ___________________

4. IT’S LIKE BEING A ___________________
    “I want you to know how people who are members of God’s family must live. God’s family is the church…” 1 Tim. 3:15 (GWT)
    Love each other like brothers and sisters.”
    Rom. 12:10 (NCV)

· In a FAMILY, the members ___________________

How can I get connected to this church family?

“First they gave themselves to the Lord; and then, by God’s will, they gave themselves to us as well.” 2 Cor. 8:5 (GN)

2. DAY 19

POINT TO PONDER
    Community requires commitment.
    VERSE TO REMEMBER
    "Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren." 1 John 3:16
    QUESTION TO CONSIDER
    How can I help cultivate today the characteristics of real community in my small group and my church?

WHY WE NEED EACH OTHER
    Rick Warren

“Since we are all one body in Christ, we belong to each other, and each of us needs all the others.” Rom. 12:5b (NLT)

1. I NEED OTHERS TO ___________________ WITH ME.

“Just as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him...” Col. 2:6-7 (ESV)
    “It is not good for man to be alone.” Gen. 2:18 (NLT)
    “Let us not give up the habit of meeting together… Instead, let us encourage one another.” Heb. 10:25a (TEV)

· Community is God’s answer to:

“When you gather, each one of you be prepared with something useful for all: Sing a hymn, teach a lesson, tell a story, lead a prayer, provide an insight… Take your turn, with no one person taking over. That way… you all learn from each other.” 1 Cor. 14:26, 30-31(Mes)
    “As each part does its work, it helps the other parts grow, so Christ’s whole body is healthy and growing and full of love.” Eph. 4:16 (NLT)
    Open your homes to each other without complaining.” Peter 4:9 (TEV)

2. I NEED OTHERS TO ___________________ WITH ME.

“God made us to do good works, which He planned in advance for us to live our lives doing.” Eph. 2:10 (NCV)
    “Two people are better than one, because they get more done by working together.” Eccl. 4:9 (NCV)

“Every time we get the chance, let us work for the benefit of all, starting with the people closest to us in the community of faith.” Gal. 6:10 (Mes)

3. I NEED OTHERS TO ___________________ FOR ME.

“Look out for one another's interests, not just for your own.” Ph. 2:4 (TEV)
    “Keep being concerned about each other as the Lord's followers should.” Heb. 13:1 (CEV)
    “A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.” Eccl. 4:12 (NLT)

“If one person falls, another can reach out and help. But people who are alone when they fall are in real trouble.” Eccl. 4:10 (NLT)

4. I NEED OTHERS TO ___________________ WITH ME.

“You should be like one big family, full of sympathy toward each other...” 1 Peter 3:8a (LB)
    “If one member suffers, all suffer together.” 1 Cor. 12:26 (ESV)

“Be happy with those who are happy, weep with those who weep.” Rom. 12:15 (TEV)
    “Encourage each other and strengthen one another.” 1 Th. 5:11 (GW)

5. I NEED OTHERS TO ___________________ WITH ME.

“Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are My disciples.” John 13:35 (NLT)
    “The Holy Spirit doesn’t want you to be afraid of people, but to be wise and strong, and to love them and enjoy being with them.” 2 Tim. 1:7 (LB)

· God’s answer to fear is ___________________ .

“...You are working together and struggling side by side to get others to believe the Good News.” Ph. 1:27b (CEV)

3. DAY 20

POINT TO PONDER
    Relationships are always worth restoring.
    VERSE TO REMEMBER
    "If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men." Romans 12:18
    QUESTION TO CONSIDER
    Who do I need to restore a broken relationship with today?

THE KEY TO RESTORING A RELATIONSHIP
    1 Peter 5:5
    Rick Warren

The key: ___________________

“… clothe yourselves with humility toward one another…” 1 Peter 5:5 (NIV)

HOW TO HUMBLY RESTORE A RELATIONSHIP

6 steps of humility

1. ASK ___________________

“God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.” James 4:6b (NIV)

2. AFFIRM ___________________

“Have a profound respect for each other.” Rom. 12:10b (JB)

“Do not let selfishness or pride be your guide. Instead, be humble and give more honor to others than to yourself.” Phil 2:3 (NCV)

3. ACKNOWLEDGE ___________________

“Each person must be responsible for himself.” Gal. 6:5 (NCV)

“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” Rom. 3:23 (NIV)

4. ALLOW ___________________

“You must make allowance for each other’s faults and forgive the person who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.” Col. 3:13 (NLT)

5. ADJUST ___________________

“Look out for one another’s interests, not just your own.” Phil. 2:4 (GN)

“We should please others. If we do what helps them, we will build them up in the Lord.” Rom. 15:2 (NLT)

6. ABANDON ___________________

“Marriage is not a place to ‘stand up for your rights.’ Marriage is a decision to serve the other…” 1 Cor. 7:4 (Mes)

“Your attitude should be the same as Christ Jesus had. Though He was God, He did not demand and cling to His rights as God… Instead of this, of His own free will, He gave up all He had and took the nature of a servant.” Phil. 2:5-7 (NLT &GN)

“May God, who gives endurance and encouragement, allow you to live in harmony with each other by following the example of Christ Jesus.” Rom. 15:5 (GWT)

4. DAY 21

POINT TO PONDER
    It is my responsibility to protect the unity of my church.
    VERSE TO REMEMBER
    "Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another." Romans 14:19
    QUESTION TO CONSIDER
    What am I personally doing to protect unity in my church family right now?

LIVING BY YOUR CONVICTIONS

Leaving A Lasting Legacy

Rick Warren

CONVICTIONS THAT SHAPE MY DECISIONS

1. CONVICTION: ___________________

“For everything comes from God alone, everything lives by His power, and everything is intended for His glory.” Rom. 11:36 (LB)

IMPLICATION:

“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment.” Matt. 22:37-38 (NIV)

OPPOSITION:

Jesus: “People will do to you exactly what they did to Me. They will do it because you belong to Me, and they don’t know the one who sent Me.” John 15:21 (CEV)

2. CONVICTION: ___________________

Jesus: “I will build My church, and all the powers of hell will not conquer it.” Matt 16:18 (NLT)

IMPLICATION:

“Brothers and sisters, I appeal to you by the authority of the Lord Jesus Christ to stop arguing among yourselves. Let there be real harmony so there won’t be divisions in the church. I plead with you to be of one mind, united in thought and purpose.” 1 Cor. 1:10 (NLT)

OPPOSITION:

Look out for those who cause people to be against each other and who upset other people’s faith. They are against the true teaching you learned, so stay away from them.” Rom. 16:17 (NCV)

3. CONVICTION: ___________________

“The second most important commandment is: Love your neighbor as you love yourself. There is no other commandment more important than these two.” Mark 12:31 (TEV)

Love your enemies and do good to them; lend and expect nothing back. You will then have a great reward, and you will be children of the Most High God. For He is good to the ungrateful and the wicked.” Luke 6:35 (TEV)

IMPLICATION:

Show respect for everyone. Love your Christian brothers and sisters. Fear God. Show respect for the king.1 Peter 2:17 (NLT)

OPPOSITION:

When the world hates you, remember it hated Me before it hated you. The world would love you if you belonged to it, but you don’t.” John 15:18-19 (NLT)

4. CONVICTION: ___________________

Jesus: All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matt. 28:18-20 (NIV)

IMPLICATION:

“Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all ... And He died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for Him who died for them and was raised again. So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view.” 2 Cor. 5:14-16 (NIV)

OPPOSITION:

“Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.” Matt. 5:11-12 (NIV)

5. CONVICTION: ___________________

“Jesus looked at them and said, ‘With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.’” Matt. 19:26 (NIV)

IMPLICATION:

(Jesus) “According to your faith will it be done to you.” Matt. 9:29 (NIV)

OPPOSITION:

“Because of their unbelief, He couldn’t do any mighty miracles among them...” Mark 6:5 (NLT)

6. CONVICTION: ___________________

“The Good News about God’s kingdom will be preached in all the world, to every nation. Then the end will come.” Matt. 24:14 (NCV)

5. DAY 22

POINT TO PONDER
    I was created to become like Christ.
    VERSE TO REMEMBER
    "But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the LORD, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the LORD." 2 Corinthians 3:18
    QUESTION TO CONSIDER
    In what area of my life do I need to ask for the Spirit’s power to be like Christ today?

CREATED TO BECOME LIKE CHRIST

Rick Warren

From the very beginning God decided that those who came to Him – and He knew who would – should become like His Son...” Rom. 8:29 (LB)

“God wants us to grow up ... like Christ in everything.” Eph. 4:15 (Mes)

MY 3rd PURPOSE IN LIFE IS TO ___________________

Learning to think, act, speak, love, and serve the way Jesus did.

HOW DO I GROW SPIRITUALLY?

The process of Discipleship includes

· ___________________ “As the Spirit of the Lord works within us, we become more and more like Him and reflect His glory even more.” 2 Cor. 3:18 (NLT)

· ___________________ ”We are joined together in Christ’s Body and we grow as we get our nourishment and strength from God.” Col. 2:19 NLT

· ___________________ (God has gifted teachers) “...so that we will be mature and full grown in the Lord, measuring up to the full stature of Christ.” Eph. 4:13 (NLT)

· ___________________ ”Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus, who, though He was God... made Himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant...” Phil. 2:5-7 (NIV)

· ___________________ Jesus: “I have come to seek and save those who are lost.” Luke 19:10 (NLT)

THREE UNEXPECTED TOOLS

In all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.” Rom. 8:28 (NIV)

1. GOD USES ___________________ TO TEACH US TO ___________________

“...troubles produce patience. And patience produces character, and character produces hope.” Rom. 5:3-4 (NCV)

“They came to a garden called Gethsemane and Jesus said to His disciples, ‘Sit here while I pray.’ ... Distress and anguish came over Him, and He said, ‘The sorrow in My heart is so great that it almost crushes Me.’ Mark 14:32-34 (TEV)

“Father, everything is possible for You. Please take this cup of suffering away from Me. Yet I want Your will, not Mine!” Mark 14:36 (NLT)

· Keep a ___________________

“At the Lord’s direction, Moses kept a written record of their progress.” Num. 33:2 (NLT)

· Remember ___________________

“Our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.” 2 Cor. 4:17 (NIV)

2. GOD USES ___________________ TO TEACH US TO ___________________

“Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the desert to be tempted by the devil.”

Matt. 4:1 (NIV)

“‘Get out of here, Satan’ Jesus told him ‘The Scriptures say, Worship only the Lord God. Obey only Him.’” Matt. 4:10 (LB)

· Keep focused on ___________________

“Fix your thoughts on what is true and good and right.” Phil. 4:8a (LB)

· Get a ________________________

“You’re better off to have a friend than to be all alone... If you fall, your friend can help you up.” Eccl. 4:9-10 (CEV)

3. GOD USES ___________________ TO TEACH US TO ___________________

“People passing by shook their heads and hurled insults at Jesus ... and the elders made fun of Him... Even the bandits who had been crucified with Him insulted him in the same way.” Matt. 27:39-44 (TEV)

“Jesus said, ‘Father, forgive these people, because they don’t know what they are doing.’” Luke 23:34 (NLT)

· Remember God has forgiven me

“Forgive others, just as God forgave you because of Christ.” Eph. 4:32 (CEV)

· Remember God is in control.

“You meant to hurt me, but God turned your evil into good to save the lives of many people, which is being done.” Gen. 50:20 (NCV)

“We go through exactly what Christ goes through. If we go through the hard times with Him, then we’re certainly going to go through the good times with Him.” Rom. 8:17 (Mes)

6. DAY 23

POINT TO PONDER
    It is never too late to start growing.
    VERSE TO REMEMBER
    "Bbut be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." 2 Corinthians 3:18
    QUESTION TO CONSIDER
    What is one area where I need to stop thinking my way and start thinking God’s way?

WE ARE DISCIPLES
    What it Means to Follow Jesus
    Rick Warren

“As Jesus was going down the road, he saw Matthew sitting at his tax-collection booth. ‘Come, be my disciple!,’ Jesus said. So Matthew got up and followed him.” Matt. 9:9 (NLT)

TO BE A DISCIPLE…

1. I MUST ___________________

“IF YOU WANT to be my disciple you must come and follow me, because my servants must be where I am. And if they follow me, the Father will honor them.” John 12:26 (NLT)

3 FACTS ABOUT SPIRITUAL GROWTH

Spiritual Growth is a Choice

Spiritual Growth is a Commitment

Spiritual Growth is a Relationship

“The plan was that they would be with him and then he would send them out to proclaim the Word.” Mark 3:14b (MSG)

2. I MUST ___________________

"IF you want to be my follower you must love me more than your own father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, more than your own life. Otherwise, you cannot be my disciple.” Luke 14:26 (LB)

SPIRITUAL GROWTH IS MEASURED BY LOVE!

"The most important commandment is this… You must love the Lord your God with ALL your heart, ALL your soul, ALL your mind, and ALL your strength.” Mark 12:29-30 (NLT)

3. I MUST ___________________

“IF you have love for one another, then everyone will know that you are my disciples." John 13:35 (TEV)

SPIRITUAL GROWTH HAPPENS IN COMMUNITY!

“This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.” 1 John 3:16 (NIV)

4. I MUST ___________________

“IF you continue to obey my teaching, you are truly my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." John 8:31-32 (NCV)

4 FACTS ABOUT SPIRITUAL GROWTH

It is an Ongoing Process

It is Measured by Obedience, Not Knowledge

It Is Based On God’s Word

It Sets Me Free

“IF you continue to live in me and what I say lives in you, then ask for anything you want, and it will be yours. You give glory to my Father when you produce a lot of fruit and therefore show that you are my disciples.” John 15:7-8 (GW)

5. I MUST ___________________

“IF you want to be the most important person you must take the last place and be a servant to everyone else." Mark 9:35 (GW)

“For even I, the Son of Man, came here not to be served but to serve others, and to give my life as a ransom for many." Matthew 20:28 (NLT)

“IF anyone wants to be my disciple, he must deny himself, take up his cross and follow me.” Matthew 16:24 (LB)

6. I MUST ___________________

“Jesus called out to them, ‘Come, be my disciples, and I will show you how to fish for people!’ And they left their nets at once and went with him.” Matthew 4:20 (LB)

“Therefore go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. And teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you; and be sure of this -– I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Matthew 28:19-20 (NLT)

“IF you try to keep your life for yourself, you will lose it. But IF you give up your life for my sake and for the sake of the Good News, you will find true life.” Mark 8:35-36 (NLT, NCV)

7. DAY 24

POINT TO PONDER
    The truth transforms me.
    VERSE TO REMEMBER
    "...If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." John 8:31(a)-32
    QUESTION TO CONSIDER
    What has God already told me in his Word that I haven’t started doing yet?

HOW THE BIBLE CHANGES US
    Rick Warren

Jesus: “The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life!” John 6:63 (NIV)

“The Word of God is LIVING and ACTIVE. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.” Hebrews 4:12 (NIV)​

HOW DOES GOD’S WORD CHANGE ME?

1. ___________________

“He chose to give us birth through the word of truth…” James 1:18 (NIV)

“You have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring Word of God.” 1 Peter 1:23 (NIV)

2. ___________________

Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the Word.” Eph. 5:25-26 (NIV)

“You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you.” John 15:3 (NIV)

3. ___________________

Faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the Word of Christ.” Romans 10:17 (NIV)

4. ___________________

“I commit you to God and to the Word of his grace, which can build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified.” Acts 20:32 (NIV)
    “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.” 2 Tim. 3:16-17 (NIV)

5. ___________________

“Understanding your Word brings light to the minds of ordinary people.” Psalm 119:130 (CEV)
    “Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.” Psalm 119:105 (NIV)

6. ___________________

Everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.” Rom. 15:4 (NIV)
    “You're my place of quiet retreat; I wait for your Word to renew me.” Psalm 119:114 (MSG)

7. ___________________

“If you continue in My Word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free!” John 8:31-32 (NAS)

HOW DO I GAIN THESE BENEFITS?

1. ___________________

Jesus: “Your trouble is that you don't know the Scriptures...” Mark 12:24 (LB)

2. ___________________

“When you received the Word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men, but as it actually is, the Word of God, which is at work in you who believe.” 1 Thes. 2:13 (NIV)

3. ___________________

“Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.” John 13:17 (NIV)

8. DAY 25

POINT TO PONDER
    There is a purpose behind every problem.
    VERSE TO REMEMBER
    "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose" Romans 8:28
    QUESTION TO CONSIDER
    What problem in my life has caused the greatest growth in me?

SEEING GOD'S PURPOSE IN MY PROBLEMS
    Seeing Through God's Eyes
    Rick Warren

"Friends, when life gets really difficult, don't jump to the conclusion that God isn't on the job. Instead, be glad that you are in the very thick of what Christ experienced. This is a spiritual refining process, with glory just around the corner." 1 Peter 4:12-13 (Msg)
    "He takes no pleasure in making life hard, in throwing roadblocks in the way." Lam. 3:33 (Msg)

1. GOD USES PROBLEMS TO DIRECT ME

"A person may plan his own journey, but the Lord directs his steps." Pr. 16:9 (GW)
    "Sometimes it takes a painful experience to make us change our ways." Pr. 20:30 (GN)
    "I have thought about my life, and I have directed my feet back to Your written instructions." Ps 119:59 (GW)
    "I am glad ... not because it hurt you but because the pain turned you to God...." 2 Cor 7:9 (LB)

2. GOD USES PROBLEMS TO INSPECT ME

"The Lord searches our hearts and examines our deepest motives so He can give to each person his right reward, according to his deeds — how he has lived." Jer. 17:10 (LB)
    "You (God) inspect them every morning and test them every minute." Job 7:18 (TEV)
    "Humans are satisfied with whatever looks good; but God probes for what is good." Pr. 16:2 (Msg)
    "God led you all the way in the desert these forty years, to humble you and to test you in order to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep His commands." Deut. 8:2 (NIV)
    "I have tested you in the fire of suffering." Isa. 48:10a (TEV)

3. GOD USES PROBLEMS TO CORRECT ME

"God corrects all of His children, and if He doesn't correct you, then you don't really belong to Him… God corrects us for our own good, because He wants us to be holy, as He is." Heb. 12:8-10 (CEV)
    "Consider yourself fortunate God all-powerful chooses to correct you." Job 5:17 (CEV)
    "God teaches people through suffering and uses distress to open their eyes." Job 36:15 (TEV)
    "...it was the best thing that could have happened to me, for it taught me to pay attention to Your laws." Ps. 119:71 (LB)

4. GOD USES PROBLEMS TO PROTECT ME

"God will save you from hidden traps." Ps. 91:3a (NCV)
    "God has led you away from danger, giving you freedom." Job 36:16 (NLT)
    "It is better to suffer for doing good than for doing wrong ..." 1 Peter 3:17 (NCV)
    "You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good..." Gen. 50:20 (NIV)
    "Since the Lord is directing our steps, why try to understand everything that happens along the way?" Pr. 20:24 (LB)

5. GOD USES PROBLEMS TO PERFECT ME

"After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who calls you to share His eternal glory in union with Christ, will Himself perfect you and give you firmness, strength, and a sure foundation." 1 Peter 5:10 (TEV)
    "These hard times are small potatoes compared to the coming good times, the lavish celebration prepared for us." 2 Cor. 4:17 (Msg)
    "We can rejoice when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they are good for us – they help us learn to be patient. And patience develops strength of character in us and helps us trust God more each time we use it..." Rom. 5:3-4 (LB)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018

9. DAY 26

POINT TO PONDER
    Every temptation is an opportunity to do good.
    VERSE TO REMEMBER
    "Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the LORD hath promised to them that love him." James 1:12
    QUESTION TO CONSIDER
    What Christlike character quality can I develop by defeating the most common temptation I face?

THE PRAYER OF DELIVERANCE

Rick Warren

"And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil."Matt. 6:13

"The temptations that come into your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will keep the temptation from becoming so strong that you can't stand up against it. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you will not give in to it."1 Cor. 10:13 (NLT)

"Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak."Matt. 26:41 (NIV)

• ___________________ am I most tempted?

• ___________________ am I most tempted?

• ___________________ is with me when I'm most tempted?

• ___________________ temporary benefit do I get if I give in?
    "There is pleasure in sin for a short time."Heb. 10:25

• ___________________ do I feel right before I'm tempted?

"Plan carefully what you do... Avoid evil and walk straight ahead. Don't go one step off the right way."Prov. 4:26-27 (TEV)

"Above all else, guard your heart, for it affects everything you do."Prov. 4:23 (NLT)

Does A or B describe you?

1. Physically exhausted
    2. Energetic & in shape
    1. Discouraged or pessimistic
    2. Encouraged & hopeful
    1. Bored & discontented
    2. Challenged & contented
    1. Spiritually dry or empty
    2. Spiritually alive & growing
    1. Alone or distant from others
    2. Close to those you love
    1. Insecure or unsure
    2. Confident & secure
    1. Wounded or deeply hurt
    2. Loved & understood
    1. Bitter or angry
    2. Forgiven everyone
    1. Sad
    2. Happy
    1. Like you've failed
    2. Successful
    TOTAL B's: ___________________________________

"Do not give the devil a foothold."Eph. 4:27 (NIV)

"Call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me."Psalm 50:15 (NIV)
    "(Jesus) understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same temptations we do, yet he did not sin. So let us come boldly to … our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and grace to help us when we need it."Heb. 4:15-16 (NLT)

"Thinking about your commands will keep me from doing some foolish things."Psalm 119:6 (CEV)
    "…We capture every thought… and make it obey Christ."2 Cor. 10:5 (NCV)
    "Don't let evil conquer you, but conquer evil with good."Rom. 12:21 (GW)

"Two are better than one, because together...if one falls down, the other can help him up. But if someone is alone and falls...there's no one to help him."Eccl. 4:9-10 (GN)
    "Brothers and sisters, if someone in your group does something wrong, you who are spiritual should go to that person and gently help make him right again. But be careful, because you can be tempted to sin, too. By helping each other with your troubles, you truly obey the law of Christ."Gal. 6:1-2 (NCV)
    "My dear friends, if you know people who have wandered off from God's truth, don't write them off. Go after them. Get them back and you will have rescued precious lives…!"James 5:19-20 (Mes)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  10. DAY 27

POINT TO PONDER
    There is always a way out.
    VERSE TO REMEMBER
    "...but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." 1 Corinthians 10:13(b)
    QUESTION TO CONSIDER
    Who could I ask to be a spiritual partner to help me defeat a persistent temptation by praying for me?

DEFEATING PERSISTENT TEMPTATIONS
    Changing From the Inside Out
    Rick Warren

"I don't understand myself at all, for I really want to do what is right, but I don't do it. Instead, I do the very thing I hate."Romans 7:15 (NLT)

1. PREDETERMINE

"Plan carefully what you do… Avoid evil and walk straight ahead. Don't go one step off the right way."Pr. 4:26-27 (GN)

• _______________am I most tempted?

• _______________am I most tempted?

• _______________is with me when I'm most tempted?

• _______________temporary benefit do I get if I give in?

"There is pleasure in sin for a short time."Heb. 10:25

• _______________do I feel right before I'm tempted?

2. PROTECT

"Above all else, guard your heart, for it affects everything you do."Pr. 4:23 (NLT)

1. Discouraged/Pessimistic
    2. Encouraged/Optimistic
    1. Bored/Discontented
    2. Challenged/Contented Spiritually
    1. Dry/Empty
    2. Spiritually Growing Geographically
    1. Distant/Alone
    2. Near/Together
    1. Insecure/Unsure
    2. Secure/Confident
    1. Deeply Wounded/Hurt
    2. Loved/Understood
    1. Secretly Bitter/Angry
    2. Have Forgiven
    1. Everyone Sad
    2. Happy
    1. Alienated/Unsupported
    2. Close/Supported

TOTAL B's: ____________

"Do not give the devil a foothold."Eph. 4:27 (NIV)

3. PRAY

"Keep alert and pray. Otherwise temptation will overpower you."Matt. 26:41 (NLT)
    "Call to Me when trouble comes; I will save you.."Ps. 50:15 (GN)
    "(Jesus) understands our weaknesses, for He faced all of the same temptations we do, yet He did not sin. So let us come boldly to … our gracious God. There we will receive His mercy, and grace to help us when we need it."Heb. 4:15-16 (NLT)

4. POINT

"Temptation is the pull of your own evil thoughts and wishes. These evil thoughts lead to evil actions…"James 1:14-15 (LB)
    "We capture every thought… and make it obey Christ."2 Cor. 10:5 (NCV)
    "Don't let evil conquer you, but conquer evil with good."Rom. 12:21 (GN)

5. PARTICIPATE

"Two are better than one, because together… if one falls down, the other can help him up. but if someone is alone and falls… there's no one to help him."Eccl. 4:9-10 (GN)
    "Admit your faults to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed."James 5:16 (LB)
    "No temptation that comes your way is beyond what others have had to face. All you need to remember is that God will never let you down; He'll never let you be pushed past your limit; He'll always be there to help you come through it."1 Cor. 10:13 (Mes)

11. DAY 28

POINT TO PONDER
    There are no shortcuts to maturity.
    VERSE TO REMEMBER
    "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ" Philippians 1:6
    QUESTION TO CONSIDER
    In what area of my spiritual growth do I need to be more patient and persistent

IT'S TIME TO GROW UP
    Rick Warren

"We are not meant to remain as children at the mercy of every chance wind of teaching.... But we are meant to hold firmly to the truth in love, and to grow up in every way into Christ the head." Ephesians 4:14 (PH)

THE LAWS OF GROWTH

1. SPIRITUAL GROWTH IS ________________

"You are God's temple and God's Spirit lives in you." 1 Corinthians 3:16 (NIV)

"(It's) ... a life renewed from the inside and working itself out into your conduct as God accurately reproduces his character in you." Ephesians 4:23–24 (MSG)

REALITY: SPIRITUAL GROWTH IS BOTH ___________________

2. SPIRITUAL GROWTH IS ______________________

MYTH: Growth is automatic.
    REALITY: WE GROW BY ____________________

"COME & SEE" to "COME & DIE"

"Our tools are ready at hand for clearing the ground and building lives of obedience into maturity until finally we all believe … and become full-grown in the Lord—to the point of being filled full with Christ." Ephesians 4:13 (LB)

TOOLS WE USE:

1. __________________________
    2. _________________________

"'Because of all this we again promised to serve the Lord! And we, and our princes and Levites and priests all; put our names to this covenant.' I, Nehemiah signed this covenant. The others who signed it were ... " Nehemiah 9:38–10:1 (LB)

3. ________________________

"The man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does." James 1:25 (NIV)

1. People listen better.​
    2. People remember more.​
    3. Increases participation.​
    4. Cover more scripture in less time.​
    5. Can review the message for years to come.​
    6. Allows small group discussion.​
    7. Can study multiple translations.​
    8. Visitors don't bring Bibles.
    3. SPIRITUAL GROWTH IS ____________________________

MYTH: GROWTH IS INSTANT

REALITY: WE GROW THROUGH ________________________

" ... our lives are gradually becoming brighter and more beautiful as God enters our lives and we become like him." 2 Corinthians 3:18 (MSG)

Knowing Christ, Loving, Growing, Serving, & Sharing

4. SPIRITUAL GROWTH IS __________________________

REALITY: WE GROW ACCORDING TO OUR _____________________________

"Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself to somebody else." Galatians 6:4 (NIV)
    TOOLS WE USE:

1. __________________________________

2. ________________________________

5. SPIRITUAL GROWTH IS _________________________________

REALITY: WE GROW BY __________________________________

"Let us not give up the habit of meeting together, as some are doing. Instead, let us encourage one another all the more...." Hebrews 10:25 (TEV)

TOOLS WE USE:

1. ______________________
    2. ______________________
    3. ______________________
    4. ______________________
    5. ______________________
    6. ______________________

6. SPIRITUAL GROWTH IS ______________________

MYTH: YOU CAN ATTAIN MATURITY BY YOURSELF

REALITY: WE ONLY GROW ______________________

"Under Christ direction, the whole Body is fitted together perfectly. As each part does its own special work, it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love." Ephesians 4:16 (NLT)

TOOLS WE USE:

1. ______________________
    2. ______________________
    3. ______________________

7. SPIRITUAL GROWTH IS ______________________

MYTH: MATURITY IS MEASURED BY BIBLE KNOWLEDGE
    "While knowledge may make us feel important, it is love that really builds up the church."1 Corinthians 8:1 (NLT)

REALITY: IT TAKES ALL ______________________

Warmer through fellowship

Deeper through discipleship

Stronger through worship

Broader through ministry

Larger through mission

"Pure and lasting religion in the sight of God means that we must care for orphans and widows in their troubles, and refuse to let the world corrupt us." James 1:27 (NLT)

8. SPIRITUAL GROWTH IS ______________________

"As long as the earth remains, there will be springtime and harvest, cold and heat, winter and summer, day and night." Genesis 8:22 (NLT)

REALITY: WE GROW ______________________

THE TOOLS WE USE: ______________________

HEAR IT! READ IT! DISCUSS IT! MEMORIZE A VERSE! DO IT!

The purpose driven strategy is built on these 8 laws.

"My true disciples produce much fruit. This brings great glory to My Father." John 15:8 (NLT)

12. DAY 29

POINT TO PONDER
    Service is not optional.
    VERSE TO REMEMBER
    "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." Ephesians 2:10
    QUESTION TO CONSIDER
    What is holding me back from accepting God's call to serve him?

EXTENDING THE VISION
    Rick Warren

I don’t know how to tell you how much I love Jesus Christ, how much I love this church, how much I love you. I’m overwhelmed. I’m humbled. I’m in awe. All I can say is, You’ve come a long way, baby! A long way from that little apartment with seven people.

The Bible says, “Where there is no vision, the people perish.” It also says the opposite is true, “Where there is a vision the people flourish.” This church is proof of that.

Twenty-five years ago, sixty strangers showed up in Laguna Hills High School for a dress service of Saddleback church a week before Easter. I shared what I believed at that time was God’s vision for that fledgling church. I read it a couple weeks go but I would like to read it again. On March 30, 1980 in front of sixty people who did not know each other I shared this, the original vision of Saddleback church.

“It is a dream of a place where the hurting, the depressed, the frustrated and confused can find love, acceptance, health, hope, forgiveness, encouragement and guidance.

It is a dream of sharing the good news of Jesus Christ with hundreds of thousands of residents in South Orange County.

It’s the dream of welcoming 20,000 members into the fellowship of God’s family (Remember I said this in front of sixty people.) loving living, loving learning and living in harmony together.

It’s a dream of developing people to spiritual maturity through Bible studies, seminars, retreats, small groups, and a Bible school for our members.

It is a dream of equipping every building group for a significant ministry by helping them discover the gifts and talents that God gave them.

It’s a dream of sending out hundreds of career missionaries and church leaders all around the world and empowering every member for their personal life mission in the world.

It is a dream of sending out our members by the thousands on short term projects to every continent.

It’s a dream of starting at least one daughter church a year.

It is a dream of at least fifty acres of land. On this would be built a regional church for Orange County with beautiful yet efficient facilities including a worship center seating thousands, a counseling and prayer center, rooms for Bible study, training, and prayer and recreation areas, all of will be designed to minister to the total person spiritually, emotionally, physically and socially. And set in a peaceful inspiring garden landscape with bright flowers and beautiful trees and pools of water and sparkling fountains and flowing streams.

I stand before you today and I state in confident assurance that these dreams will become a reality. Why? Because they’re inspired by God.”

Friends, Saddleback family, that vision has been fulfilled! God is faithful! So we’re going to file that one. You ain’t seen nothing yet!

The last couple of years I’ve been quietly asking the Lord, What next, Lord? What do You want me to do now? What’s Your vision for the next 25 years? What do You want to do with this amazing group of people that You’ve brought from all over America and all over the world to build this church family called Saddleback, the most amazing church I’ve ever heard of. What do You want to do with all of these people now that are here, that You’ve brought and You’ve matured. What’s next, Lord?

The purpose has never changed. Twenty-five years from today we’re still going to be doing the same five things we’re doing now. Bringing people into fellowship with Jesus Christ and into His family, building them up to spiritual maturity, training them for their ministry, sending them out in mission, helping them live a life of worship. The purposes never change. But God is an innovator. God is a creator. He’s always doing something new. God says this in the book of Isaiah 43 “Do not cling to the events of the past or dwell on what happened long ago. Watch for the new things that I’m going to do. It’s happening already. You can see it.”

So today I stand before you on this beautiful day to share with you the next vision. Where are we going now? It is a dream of three things. It is a dream of global expansion. It is a dream of total mobilization. It is a dream of radical devotion. I want to say as I stand before you today with absolute and confident assurance that as sure as I was 25 years ago when I shared that first vision knowing it was from God I stand before you confidently right now and say to you, all of you, God is going to use you to change the world. God is going to use you to change the world!

Some of you will say, “Rick, that’s a pretty big target. That’s impossible.” I heard that line 25 years ago. I heard it when we had seven people. So today let me share with you just a little bit of a glimpse. I’ll give you more of the details next week and the future weeks.

1. I dream of global expansion of God’s kingdom.

Matthew 6:33 Jesus said this “God will give you all you need from day to day if you live for Him and make the kingdom of God your primary concern.” God says this: I want My kingdom to be number one in your life. Before your career, before your hobby, before your relationships, before your retirement, before everything else. God says I want first place in your life. King James says, “Seek first the kingdom of God.” Then God makes an outrageous promise. He says, “I promise, I guarantee I will meet every one of your needs if you focus your life on My kingdom.”

Today I dare you to accept that challenge. I dare you to accept that challenge!

That brings us a couple of really important questions. First, what is the kingdom of God? And second, how do I get in on it? How do I be involved in it?

First, what is the kingdom of God? The kingdom of God is God’s people, doing God’s purposes on God’s planet. That’s it. It’s not a place. It’s not a thing it’s God’s people, doing God’s purposes on God’s planet. That’s why we pray as Jesus said in the Lord’s prayer, “May Your kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven.” Why do we pray that? Because on earth, God’s will is not done perfectly. But in heaven, God’s will is done perfectly. So we say God, we want Your will done here as it is done there. That is the kingdom of God. It’s living a life of goodness.

The kingdom of God has four features.

1. The kingdom of God is multinational. The Bible says this “People will come from all over the world to take their place in the kingdom of God.” God’s building a family that’s not just Americans. It’s for every nation and we’re going to spend eternity together.

2. It’s powerful. The Bible says the kingdom of God is not just talking, it’s living by God’s power. What does that mean? It’s something we do. Folks, it’s time to stop dreaming; it’s time to start doing. It’s time to stop debating; it’s time to start doing. The kingdom of God is more powerful than any business, any corporation, any government, any politics. Pope John Paul II proved that to the economists in eastern Europe. The kingdom of God is far bigger. It outlasts everything. It’s multinational. It’s powerful.

3. It’s eternal. The Bible says this “We have a kingdom that nothing can destroy. So let us praise God serving Him with thankful hearts.” It’s indestructible. It’s unshakable. It’s going to last forever. And it’s going to cover the planet.

So the kingdom is multinational, it’s powerful, it’s eternal, and (this is the best)…

4. It’s inevitable. God is in control of history. History is His story. The Bible says this in Matthew 24 “The good news about God’s kingdom will be preached unto all the world, to every nation and then the end is going to come.” You can argue about prophecy all you want but Jesus Christ is not going to conclude history until everybody He wanted to hear the word has had a chance to hear the word.

But one day God’s going to bring everything to a culmination. The Bible says this in Ephesians “God has made known to us the plans that He decided to complete by means of Jesus Christ. This plan is that God will complete when the time is right, is to bring all creation together – everything in heaven and on earth with Christ as its head.” If you want to be on the winning side of history, I’ll tell you what to do. Stick with the kingdom of God. Because it’s going to outlast everything else.

What kingdom are you living for right now? You may be living for the kingdom of self. That’s a pretty dinky kingdom if you ask me. You don’t have any power at all. You can’t even solve your own problems. I would suggest that you would make the king of your life the creator of the universe. The kingdom of God is wherever God is king in your life. That’s what it is.

So how can I become involved? Fortunately, we have a great example in Jesus. This kingdom I’m talking to you about, the kingdom of God, is Jesus’ favorite theme. In fact He uses the word 167 times. Most of Jesus’ stories, He starts off like this, “The kingdom of God is like…” and then He tells the story. Because He’s wanting us to understand what His idea for us. He’s painting a picture of what God is doing. Then Jesus did several things. While He was here on earth Jesus said five things.

1. He shared the good news with other people. The Bible says, “He went through Galilee preaching the good news of the kingdom.”

2. He trained leaders. The Bible says “He appointed twelve as apostles to be with Him and He could send them out.”

3. He helped the poor. The Bible says in His very first sermon, “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me for He’s appointed me to preach good news to the poor. The prisoners will be released, the blind will see, the downtrodden will be free from their oppressors.” Jesus ministered to the marginalized people we like to ignore. The poor, the prisoners, the disabled, the depressed.

4. Jesus cared for the sick. It says “Wherever He went he healed people of every sort of disease and illness.”

5. He taught the children. Jesus said, “Let the little children come to Me and don’t hinder them. The kingdom of God belongs to such as these.”

Five things Jesus did in the kingdom – share the good news, train leaders, help the poor, care for the sick, taught the children.

For the past eighteen months we have been on a stealth, secret mission project around the world. We’ve been sending members out – actually over 4500 members somewhere overseas over a period of time the last two years – going out to do what we call the PEACE plan. You’ve been hearing little snippets about it. Today we’re going to unveil it publicly.

But the first thing before I even talk about it is you need to understand that at the heart of the peace plan is this theme – the kingdom of God. The peace plan is just doing the five things that Jesus did while He was here on earth. Share the good news, train leaders, help the poor, cared for the sick, taught the children. Doing the five things that Jesus did. It’s a strategy of global expansion. Jesus cares about the whole world. The Bible says, “God so loved the world…” That’s the first part of the dream. The Bible says this, “Then all the nations will remember the Lord from every part of the world they will turn to Him. All nations will worship Him. All people will bow down before Him and future generations will serve Him.”

As I began to pray a few years ago, “God, what do You want our church to do next?” there were two key events that had profound influence on my life that were unexpected. One of them was the success of the book The Purpose Driven Life. What I found as a result of that book becoming a best seller, I found myself in the public spotlight all the time. I was overwhelmed with interview requests. Honestly it was quite frustrating because I thought it was a distraction from my plan for my life. My plan was, “God, I want to pastor one church for life. Saddleback church. Just love these people. I don’t want to go anywhere else. Just pastor Saddleback church.” And two, help train other pastors. Saddleback and our Purpose Driven network has now trained over 400,000 pastors in 162 countries. When all of these interviews and requests started coming in and I began to say, “God what do You want me to do with this influence? What do You want me to do with this notoriety? What do You want me to do with this fame?” I really didn’t know what to do. I did know this. It’s not for your own benefit. I don’t think God gives you money or fame for your own ego. So I said, “God, what do You want to do with this?”

I began to search the scriptures and God led me to Psalm 72. Psalm 72 is Solomon’s prayer for more influence. He was already the most influential man in the world, the wealthiest man in the world, the wisest man in the world and the king of nation. Yet in Psalm 72 it says “God, I want You to make me more influential. God, I want You to give me more power. I want You to bless my life more. I want You to spread the fame of my name to other countries.” It sounds pretty selfish. Until you read the whole psalm. He said, “So that the king can rescue the needy, help the poor, defend the homeless, protect the weak, care for the prisoner, defend the immigrant…” And on and on. He’s talking about the marginalized of our society.

Out of that psalm, God said to me “The purpose of influence is to speak up for those who have no influence.” I had to say that I had to say to God, “God, I’m sorry. I repent. Widows and orphans are not on my agenda.” We live in a very affluent area and the homeless are just not on the streets where I live. I began to search the scripture and I said, how did I miss these two thousand verses in the Bible that talk about helping the poor? How did I do that? How did I miss that? I said, “I will spend the rest of my life speaking up, with whatever influence You give me, speaking up for those who have no influence.”

Then two years ago, I took a trip to South Africa where I taught The Purpose Driven Church training by satellite. It was simulcast into 400 sites across Africa to about 100,000 leaders. While I was there I began to ask, “God, what are the biggest problems in the world? What are the giant problems in the world that nobody seems to be solving?” I call them the Global Goliath’s. Problems that don’t affect millions of people – problems that affect billions of people. What are the ones that affect billions? What are the five biggest problems in the world?

As I began to ask that question, I began to say, “God, I believe You get the most glory when we take on the biggest problems.” As I traveled around the world I talked to literally thousands and thousands of leaders – business leaders, political leaders, church leaders. I came to the conclusion when I kept hearing five things over and over and over. Five global problems.

One, spiritual emptiness. They don’t know God loves them. They don’t know God has a purpose for their life. They don’t know they’re not an accident.

Two – this is a surprise to a lot of people, the second biggest problem in the world – egocentric leadership. Leaders who think that the followers are just for them instead of vice versa. The world is full of little Saddam’s. They’re in every country. They’re in every church. They’re in every business. They’re in every homeowners association. They’re everywhere. You give a guy a little bit of power, it goes to his head and all of a sudden he thinks he’s king. And he stops thinking about what’s best for the people and starts thinking about what’s best for me.

The third major problem is poverty. Half the world lives on less than two dollars a day. Living in southern California it’s easy to forget that.

The fourth is disease. It’s amazing to me that most of the world is still suffering from diseases that we found the cures for or we found how to prevent in the 19th and 20th century and this is the 21st century. That’s inconceivable. Why haven’t leaders stepped up and said, Enough is enough! We are going to eradicate this disease. Why don’t they do that?

Then the fifth major problem is illiteracy and education. Half the world is still functionally illiterate.

These five problems are so big no government can solve them. The United Nations can’t even solve these problems. They’re so big. The only thing big enough to solve all these problems is the network of millions and millions and millions and millions of churches all around the world. Baptist churches, Protestant churches, Pentecostal churches, evangelical churches, and every other kind of church. I can take you into a thousand villages that don’t have a school, don’t have a clinic, don’t have a fire department, don’t have a grocery store, don’t have any government, don’t even have any business. But they have a church. What, I began to dream, would happen if we began to mobilize millions of small groups, tens of millions of small groups in millions of churches from village to village around the world to begin to address the five global giants?

As I began to look at those five global giants I began to see that those are the five things that Jesus did in the kingdom of God. They’re not new problems.

This is the strategy behind the peace Plan. It’s the strategy to mobilize millions of small groups in millions of churches to attack the five global giants with the five-point strategy. I’m not going to go into all the details today but just let me just review the plan – the P.E.A.C.E. Plan.

Where does that come from? It comes from Luke 10. Jesus said, “When you go into a village, (when He sent the leaders out) you find the man of peace.” In every village there is a man or woman of peace. It might be the woman of peace. In that person of peace He said when you find them you begin to work with them and if they’re open and they’re receptive and they bless you, you bless them back and you stay there. He said if they’re not interested in what you’re doing you dust the dust off your shoes and go to the next village. Who is the man or woman of peace? They’re open and they’re influential. In every village, in every home, in every business, in every government there is a man of peace or woman of peace. And by the way, they’re not necessarily Christians either. When Jesus sent them out none of the people were Christians as He was sending them into a village. They could be something else or nothing. But they’re willing to work with you.

What do you do once you find the man of peace?

P – Plant a church

E – Equip the leaders

A – Assist the poor

C – Care for the sick

E – Educate the next generation

In the weeks and months ahead and this fall we’re going to do a whole series on this in our church of how we do each of the letters.

Planting a church. How long does it take to plant a church? One day. I’ve done it hundreds of times. Saddleback church started in one day.

A couple of years ago I introduced the people who started Saddleback church on a Sunday morning. They were a group of about eight or nine people. I asked them, “How many of you knew anything about how to plant a church?” not a hand went up. “How many of you were a brand new believer? Or were not even a believer yet?” Every hand went up. “How many of you think this is the greatest thing you’ve ever done with your life, starting Saddleback church?” Every hand went up.

If you know how to be a small group, you know how to plant a church.

I don’t know if you know this or not, but Saddleback has started 36 churches here in Orange County. Thirty-six different churches. You can do this. In the days ahead we’ll talk about this. Like a bookstore that sent their employees out for ten days and started 131 churches overseas. You can do this.

Equip leaders. You say, I don’t know anything about leadership. If you’re a Saddleback member, believe me, you know more about leadership than most pastors in the world do. There are 2.1 million pastors in the third world, the developing countries – 1.9 have no training at all. One time when I was in South Africa I said, “Take me out to a village. Show me some churches.” As we went out to a village we went up to this little tent church. They met in a tent. Seventy-five people. They had 25 orphaned by AIDS and 60 adults. They didn’t know I was coming. As I walked up to that church the pastor came out and came up to me and said, “I know who you are!” I said, “How do you know who I am?” He said, “You’re Pastor Rick!” I’m in the middle of a village. He said, “I get your sermons every week.” I said, “How do you get my sermons?” We put them on the Internet. We charge Americans for them, then translate them and give them free to the rest of the world. I said, “How do you get my sermons? You don’t have water or electricity here in this village.” He said, “They’re putting the Internet in every post office in South Africa. Once a week, I walk an hour and a half down to the post office and I download your sermon and then I teach them to my church. I just want you to know you’re the only training I’ve ever had.”

When I heard that I said I’ll give the rest of my life for guys like that. Just think of all the teaching and all the training you’ve had here at Saddleback church that you could be sharing with other people.

Assist the poor. We’re going to assist them not just by giving them handouts but by teaching them skills that are appropriate for their villages. As we learn from other churches all around the world, we learn what works for a village and we pass it on. We learn what works in South America and we pass it on to Asia. We learn what works in Asia and we pass it on to Europe. We learn what works in Africa and pass it on. We help each other.

We had a man in our church that taught some guys how to start a business. He loaned them a little bit of money and they now have businesses going. The Bible says when you lend to the poor it’s like lending to the Lord and God will repay.

Then Care for the sick. Did you know that right now 30,000 children die every single day in the world from malnutrition and mostly preventable diseases? Thirty thousand a day! That’s a tsunami every week! There’s only one thing big enough to deal with that. The churches. Sometimes we hear statistics like that and say, “God, why don’t You do something about that?” and God says, “I’ve been asking you the same question! Why don’t you do something about it?” We have God’s plan to bring relief.

The Bible says that true religion is caring for the widows and the orphans.

E – Educate the next generation. The Bible says, “Teach the children how to live so they’ll remember it all their lives.” I remember one time I was in a little township. This little church had a school. They were caring for those orphaned by AIDS. I said, “What do you need more of? Teachers? Buildings? Curriculum? Books? What do you need more of?” He said, “We can get teachers. We can hire them for ten dollars a month. No problem. We just don’t have anything to teach them.” That’s when we began to experiment with these different kits. Clinic in a Box. Business in a Box. School in a Box. Leadership Training in a Box. Even Church in a Box.

As I said, we’ve been testing this in 47 countries over the last couple years. Our goal is that every small group in our church will adopt a village somewhere in the world for two years to begin to build peace plan – to find the man of peace and begin to help with the PEACE plan.

13. DAY 30

POINT TO PONDER
    I was shaped for serving God.
    VERSE TO REMEMBER
    "And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all." 1 Corinthians 12:6
    QUESTION TO CONSIDER
    In what way can I see myself passionately serving others and loving it?

YOU WERE SHAPED TO SERVE GOD
    Rick Warren

“We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” Eph. 2:10 (NIV)

“Your hands shaped me and made me.” Job 10:8 (NIV)

Spiritual gifts
    Heart
    Abilities
    Personality
    Experiences

“Each one should use whatever gift he’s received to serve others.” 1 Peter 4:10 (NIV)

MY 4th PURPOSE IS TO ___________________

Ministry

Jesus: “Your attitude must be like My own, for I did not come to be served, but to serve...” Matt. 20:28 (LB)

LEARNING TO SERVE LIKE JESUS

1. SERVING LIKE JESUS MEANS BEING ___________________

“Two blind men... shouted, ‘Lord, have mercy on us!’ ... Jesus stopped and called them. ‘What do you want Me to do for you?’ He asked.”
    Mt. 20:30-32 (NIV)

“Never tell your neighbors to wait until tomorrow if you can help them now.” Pr. 3:28 (TEV)

1st Barrier: ___________________

“Forget yourselves long enough to lend a helping hand.” Phil. 2:4 (Msg)

2nd Barrier: ___________________

3rd Barrier: ___________________

“No servant can serve two masters... You cannot serve both God and money.” Luke 16:13 (NIV)

2. SERVING LIKE JESUS MEANS BEING ___________________

“Jesus looked up and said, "Father, I thank You that You have heard Me. I knew You always hear Me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here...” John 11:41-42 (NIV)

“Serve the Lord with gladness.” Ps. 100:2 (KJV)

“It is He who saved us and chose us for His holy work not because we deserved it but because that was His plan...” 2 Tim. 1:9 (LB)

1st Barrier: ___________________

“Who are you to criticize someone else's servant? The Lord will determine whether his servant has been successful.” Rom. 14:4 (GW)

2nd Barrier: ___________________

“When you do good deeds, don't try to show off. If you do, you won't get a reward from your Father in heaven.” Matt. 6:1 (CEV)

3. SERVING LIKE JESUS MEANS BEING ___________________

“I have brought You glory on earth by completing the work You gave Me to do.” John 17:4 (NIV)

“The one thing required of servants is that they be faithful...” 1 Cor. 4:2 (TEV)

“Throw yourselves into the work of the Master, confident that nothing you do for Him is a waste of time or effort.” 1 Cor. 15:58 (Msg)

___________________ to every task.

Not equal gifts, but ___________________

If you wait for perfect conditions, you’ll never get anything done!” Eccl. 11:4 (LB)

4. SERVING LIKE JESUS MEANS BEING ___________________

“Out of sheer generosity God put us in right standing with Himself. A pure gift! He got us out of the mess we're in and restored us to where He always wanted us to be. And He did it by means of Jesus Christ.” Rom. 3:24 (Msg)

You will be glorifying God through your generous gifts. For your generosity will prove that you are obedient to the Good News of Christ.” 2 Cor. 9:13 (NLT)

You will be enriched in every way so you can be generous on every occasion, and your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.” 2 Cor. 9:11 (NIV)

“He will not forget how hard you have worked for Him and how you have shown your love to Him by caring for other Christians.” Heb. 6:10 (NLT)

14. DAY 31

POINT TO PONDER
    Nobody else can be me.
    VERSE TO REMEMBER
    "As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God." 1 Peter 4:10
    QUESTION TO CONSIDER
    What God-given ability or personal experience can I offer to my church?

USING YOUR ABILITIES
    Shaped To Make A Difference
    Rick Warren

"God's hands shaped me and made me." Job 10:8 (NIV)

Spiritual gifts
    Heart
    Abilities
    Personality
    Experiences

PART 1: UNDERSTANDING YOUR ABILITIES

"God has given each of us the ability to do certain things well…" Rom. 12:6 (NLT)
    "God … will equip you with all you need for doing His will." Heb. 13:21 (LB)

MY ABILITIES ARE TO BE USED...

1. ______________________________________________________

"… whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." 1 Cor. 10:31 (NIV)

2. ______________________________________________________

"God has given each of you some special abilities; be sure to use them to help each other, passing on to others God's many kinds of blessings."1 Peter 4:10 (LB)

3. ______________________________________________________

"Remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you the ability to produce wealth…" Deut. 8:18 (NIV)

4. ______________________________________________________

"Put these abilities to work; throw yourself into your tasks so everyone may notice your improvement and progress." 1 Tim. 4:15 (LB)

5. ______________________________________________________

"Begin using your hands for honest work, and then give generously to others in need." Eph. 4:28 (NLT)

6. ______________________________________________________

"Why is it that God gives us these special abilities to do certain things best? It is that God's people will be equipped to do better work for Him, building up the Church, the body of Christ, to a position of strength and maturity."Eph. 4:12 (LB)
    "Take the talent from him (who didn't use it) and give to the one who has ten talents."Matt. 25:28 (NIV)

If I don't use them, ______________________________________________________

PART 2: USING YOUR ABILITIES

1. ______________________________________________________

"Try to have a sane estimate of your capabilities by the light of the faith God has given to you." Rom. 12:3 (Ph)

2. ______________________________________________________

"Offer yourselves as a living sacrifice to God, dedicated to His service and pleasing to Him." Rom. 12:1 (GN)
    "If you stay away from sin…Christ Himself can use you for His highest purposes."2 Tim. 2:21 (LB)

3. ______________________________________________________ THEM!

"If the ax is dull and its edge unsharpened, more strength is needed but skill will bring success."Eccl. 10:10 (NIV)
    "Jesus said, 'When the Master comes back and finds his servant doing his work, that servant will be blessed!'" Luke 12:43 (NCV)

15. DAY 32

POINT TO PONDER
    God deserves my best.
    VERSE TO REMEMBER
    "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15
    QUESTION TO CONSIDER
    How can I make the best use of what God has given me?

EMPLOYING YOUR EXPERIENCES

Rick Warren

Spiritual gifts – Heart – Abilities – Personality – Experiences

"We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." Rom. 8:28 (NIV)

DON'T WASTE YOUR EXPERIENCES

1. ______________________________________

" You have experienced many things. Were all those experiences wasted? I hope not!" Gal. 3:4 (ICB)

Relational - Educational – Spiritual – Vocational – Painful

"Remember what you have learned about the Lord through your experiences with Him." Deut. 11:2 (TEV)
    "Jesus replied, 'You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand.'" John 13:7 (NIV)
    "You intended to harm me but God intended it for good." Gen. 50:20 (NIV)

2. ______________________________________

"Examine and test and evaluate your own selves to see whether you are holding to your faith.... Do you not realize by an ever increasing experience that Jesus Christ is in you...?" 2 Cor. 13:5 (Amp)

"The longer you live, the wiser you become." Job 32:7 (Mes)

3. ______________________________________

" I want you to know, my friends, that the things that have happened to me have really helped the progress of the gospel." Phil 1:12 (TEV)

4 WAYS TO USE THEM

1. USE THEM ______________________________________

"In our trouble God has comforted us – and this, too, to help you: to show you from our personal experience how God will tenderly comfort you when you undergo these same sufferings. He will give you the strength to endure." 2 Cor. 1:6-7 (LB)

2. USE THEM ______________________________________

"Encourage one another and help one another." 1 Th. 5:11 (TEV)
    "For your sake, my friends, I have applied all this to Apollos and myself, using the two of us as an example, so that you may learn..." 1 Cor. 4:6 (TEV)

3. USE THEM ______________________________________

"Dear brothers and sisters, pattern your lives after mine, and learn from those who follow our example." Phil. 3:17 (NLT)
    "I have given you a model to follow, so that as I have done for you, you should also do." John 13:15 (NAB)
    "Always set a good example for others." Titus 2:7 (CEV)
    "Our people should also learn how to set an example by doing good things when urgent needs arise so that they can live productive lives." Titus 3:14 (GW)

4. USE THEM ______________________________________

"We saw it, we heard it, and now we're telling you so you can experience it along with us..." 1 John 1:3 (Mes)
    "A warning given by an experienced person to someone willing to listen is more valuable than gold rings or jewelry." Pr. 25:12 (TEV)
    "Age should speak, and experience should teach wisdom." Job 32:7 (GW)
    "Ask the former generation. Pay attention to the experience of our ancestors." Job 8:8 (NLT)
    "Do not let anyone treat you as unimportant because you are young. Instead, be an example to the believers with your words, your actions, your love, your faith, and your pure life." 1 Tim. 4:12 (NCV)

16. DAY 33

POINT TO PONDER
    I serve God by serving others.
    VERSE TO REMEMBER
    "And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward." Matthew 10:42
    QUESTION TO CONSIDER
    Which of the six characteristics of real servants offers the greatest challenge to me?

HELPING OTHERS LIKE JESUS
    Rick Warren

"The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me
    To preach good news to the poor;
    He has sent me to heal the brokenhearted,
    To proclaim freedom for the prisoners,
    To recover the sight of the blind,
    To release the oppressed and proclaim the year of the Lord's favor." Luke 4:18-19 (NKJV)

THE FOCUS OF A CHRISTLIKE MINISTRY
    Who Jesus came to help

"THE POOR"

"THE BROKENHEARTED"

"THE IMPRISONED"

"THE BLIND"

"THE OPPRESSED"

"The year of JUBILEE"

"I have given you an example to follow. Now do as I have done to you." John 13:15 (NLT)

THE FEATURES OF A CHRISTLIKE MINISTRY
    What Jesus came to do

"Preach good news"

"Heal the brokenhearted"

"Proclaim freedom"

"Provide recovery of sight"

"Release the oppressed"

THE P.E.A.C.E. PLAN: JESUS' STRATEGY

Promote reconciliation
    Equip servant leaders
    Assist the poor
    Care for the sick
    Educate the next generation

"… I have become a servant of everyone so that I can bring them to Christ… When I am with those who follow Jewish laws, I do the same, even though I am not subject to the law, so that I can bring them to Christ. When I am with Gentiles… I fit in with them as much as I can… so I can bring them to Christ. But I do not discard the law of God; I obey the law of Christ. When I am with those who are oppressed, I share their oppression so that I might bring them to Christ. I try to find common ground with everyone so that I might bring them to Christ. I do all this for the sake of the Good News, and in doing so I enjoy its blessings." 1 Cor. 9:19-23 (NLT)

17. DAY 34

POINT TO PONDER
    To be a servant I must think like a servant.
    VERSE TO REMEMBER
    "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus" Philippians 2:5
    QUESTION TO CONSIDER
    Am I usually more concerned about being served or finding ways to serve others?

THE SKILLS OF LEADERSHIP
    Leading Like Jesus
    Rick Warren

"The one who serves you best will be your leader." Luke 22:26 (LB)

HOW TO LEAD OTHERS LIKE JESUS

1. GIVE THEM ________________________
    "I have given you an example to follow. Now do as I have done to you." John 13:15 (NLT)
    "Don't lord it over the people assigned to your care, but lead them by your good example." 1 Peter 5:3 (NLT)
    "…set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity."1 Tim. 4:12 (NIV)

2. CHALLENGE THEM ________________________
    "Go and sell what you own and give the money to the poor, and you'll have treasure in heaven; then come, follow Me." Mark 10:21b (NJB)
    "Jesus sent the disciples out with these instructions… 'Go announce the Kingdom of Heaven is near. Heal the sick, raise the dead, cure those with leprosy, and cast out demons. Give as freely as you have received!'" Matt. 10:7-8 (NLT)
    "Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you." Matt. 8:19-20 (NIV)

3. AFFIRM THEM ________________________
    "Jesus looked steadily at him and He was filled with love for him." Mark 10:21a (NJB)
    "Anyone who has faith in Me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father." John 14:12 (NIV)
    "A word of encouragement does wonders." Pr. 12:25 (LB)

4. TRUST THEM ________________________
    "I am giving you the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven. Whatever you lock on earth will be locked in heaven, and whatever you open on earth will be opened in heaven." Matt. 16:19 (NLT)
    "Whoever can be trusted with a little can also be trusted with a lot." Luke 16:10 (NCV)
    "If you love someone ... you will always believe in him, and always expect the best of him..." 1 Cor. 13:7 (LB)

5. OFFER THEM ________________________
    "'It was because you do not have enough faith,' answered Jesus. 'I assure you that if you have faith as small as a mustard seed… you could do anything!'" Matt. 17:20 (TEV)
    "Don't use harmful words... Use only helpful words, the kind that build up..." Eph. 4:29 (GN)

6. TREAT THEM ________________________
    "I do not call you servants… Instead, I call you friends." John 15:15 (TEV)
    "When Christ, who is your real life, is revealed to the whole world, you will share in all His glory!" Col. 3:4 (NLT)

7. ________________________ FOR THEM.
    "I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail." Luke 22:32 (NIV)
    "I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in Me because of their testimony." John 17:20 (NLT)

18. DAY 35

POINT TO PONDER
    God works best when I admit my weakness.
    VERSE TO REMEMBER
    "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. " 2 Corinthians 12:9(a)
    QUESTION TO CONSIDER
    Am I limiting God’s power in my life by trying to hide my weaknesses? What do I need to be honest about in order to help others?

WHY GOD SHAPED YOU THE WAY HE DID
    Rick Warren

“God shaped man from the soil of the ground and blew the breath of life into his nostrils, and man became a living being.” Genesis 2:7 (NJB)

“You made my whole being; You formed me in my mother's body. I praise You because You made me in an amazing and wonderful way. You saw my bones being formed as I took shape in my mother's body. When I was put together there, You saw my body as it was formed. All the days planned for me were written in Your book before I was one day old.” Ps. 139:13-16 (NCV)

“Your hands formed and shaped me...” Job 10:8a (GN)​

I. WHAT IS MY “SHAPE”?

SPIRITUAL GIFTS
    HEART
    ABILITIES
    PERSONALITY

EXPERIENCES

My shape is... unique...inter-related …fixed … irrepressible

II. WHY SHOULD I CARE?

1. BECAUSE ___________________

"Before I shaped you in the womb, I knew all about you. Before you saw the light of day, I had holy plans for you: A spokesman to the nations – that’s what I had in mind for you.” Jer. 1:5 (Mes)

2. BECAUSE ___________________

“... (God) formed me in my mother's womb to be His servant, and He commissioned me ....” Isa. 49:5 (NLT)

3. BECAUSE ___________________

“From where He sits God overlooks all of us on earth. He has shaped each person in turn; now He watches everything we do.” Ps. 33:14-15 (Mes)

4. BECAUSE ___________________

“Bring Me all the people who are Mine, whom I made for My glory, those I formed and created.” Isaiah. 43:7 (NCV)
    “The people I have shaped for Myself will broadcast My praises.” Isaiah. 43:21 (NJB)

III. HOW SHOULD I RESPOND?

1. ACCEPTANCE: ___________________

“My friend, I ask, ‘Who do you think you are to question God? Does the clay have the right to ask the potter why he shaped it the way he did?’” Rom. 9:20 (CEV)
    “You guided my conception and formed me in the womb.” Job 10:10 (NLT)

2. SALVATION: ___________________

Let Your love, God, shape my life with salvation, exactly as You promise.” Psalm 119:41 (Mes)

3. REFOCUS: ___________________

“The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” 1 Samuel 16:7 (NIV)
    “By the grace of God I am what I am.” 1 Corinthians. 15:10 (NLT)

19. DAY 36

POINT TO PONDER
    I was made for a mission.
    VERSE TO REMEMBER
    "Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. " Matthew 28:19-20
    QUESTION TO CONSIDER
    What fears have kept me from fulfilling the mission God made me to accomplish? What keeps me from telling others the Good News?

YOU WERE MADE FOR A MISSION
    Rick Warren

Jesus: “In the same way that you gave me a mission in the world, I give them a mission in the world.” John 17:18 (Mes)

“The most important thing is that I complete my mission, the work that the Lord Jesus gave me- to tell people the Good News about God's grace.” Acts 20:24 (NCV)

MY 5th PURPOSE IS TO ___________________

HOW? BY ___________________

“Each of us will give an account of himself to God.” Rom. 14:12 (NIV)

1. GOD EXPECTS ME TO ___________________
    “Work at bringing others to Christ.” 2 Tim. 4:5 (NLT)

TO WHOM? ___________________

“Go at once into the streets and alleys of the town, and bring in the poor, the crippled, the blind, and the lame... and go out to the roads and lanes, and urge all the people to come so My house will be full. Luke 14:21-23 (NCV)

WHEN? ___________________

The first thing Andrew did was to find his brother Simon and tell him, "We have found the Messiah". And he brought him to Jesus.” John 1:40-42 (NIV)

HOW? ___________________

Whatever a person is like, I try to find common ground with him so that he will let me tell him about Christ and let Christ save him.” 1 Cor. 9:22b (LB)

GOD’S PROMISE: “Only those who give away their lives for My sake and for the sake of the Good News will ever know what it means to really live.” Mark 8:35 (LB)

2. GOD EXPECTS ME TO ___________________

Jesus said to His followers, "Go everywhere in the world, and tell the Good News to everyone.” Mark 16:15 (NCV)

WHAT DO I DO? ___________________

“I have given you an example to follow. Do as I have done to you.” John 13:15 (NLT)

5 GLOBAL GIANTS JESUS’ STRATEGY

Spiritual emptiness Promote reconciliation

Self-centered leaders Equip servant leaders

Extreme poverty Assist the poor

Pandemic diseases Care for the sick

Illiteracy & education Educate the next generation

WHERE: “You will be My witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8 (NIV)

Jerusalem = Personal PEACE - those closest to me

Judea & Samaria = Local PEACE - those near but unlike me

Ends of the earth = Global PEACE - everybody else!

“...God does not want anyone to be lost, but He wants all people to change their hearts and lives!” 2 Peter 3:9 (NCV)

WHERE DO I START? ___________________

“‘Go back home and tell people how much God has done for you.’ So the man went all over town telling how much Jesus had done for him.” Luke 8:39 (NCV)

GOD’S PROMISE: Jesus: "Let Me assure you that no one has ever given up anything... for love of Me and to tell others the Good News, who won't be given back, a hundred times over...” Mark 10:29 (LB)

20. DAY 37

POINT TO PONDER
    God wants to say something to the world through me.
    VERSE TO REMEMBER
    "...and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: Having a good conscience;..." 1 Peter 3:15(b)-16(a)
    QUESTION TO CONSIDER
    As I reflect on my personal story, who does God want me to share it with?

FULFILLING MY LIFE MISSION
    Essentials For 21st Century Living
    Rick Warren

“The most important thing is that I complete my mission, the work that the Lord Jesus gave me--to tell people the Good News about God’s grace.” Acts 20:24 (NCV)

1. MY MISSION: ___________________

Jesus: “As the Father has sent Me, I am sending you. John 20:21
    “...You will be My witnesses – in Jerusalem, in Judea, in Samaria, and in every part of the world.” Acts 1:8 (NCV)

Witness: Sharing what God has done in ___________________ life.

2. MY MESSAGE: ___________________

“...proclaim the Good News to everyone, everywhere.” Mark 16:15 (LB)
    “The Good News shows how God makes people right with Himself -- that it begins and ends with faith.. As the Scripture says, ‘Those who are right with God will live by trusting in Him.’“ Rom 1:17 (NCV)

BENEFITS

· ___________________ FOR MY PAST

“For God was in Christ, restoring the world to Himself, no longer counting men’s sins against them but blotting them out. This is the wonderful message He has given us to tell others.” 2 Cor 5:19 (LB)

· ___________________ RIGHT NOW.

“I came so that you might have life and have it to the fullest!John 10:10 (NIV)

· A ___________________ FOR MY FUTURE.

“...God’s free gift is eternal life through Jesus...” Rom. 6:23 (GN)

3. MY MOTIVE: ___________________

“For the love of Christ compels us...” 2 Cor. 5:14 (NIV)
    “The Holy Spirit doesn’t want you to be afraid of people, but to be wise and strong, and to love them and enjoy being with them, If you will stir up this inner power, you will never be afraid to tell others about our Lord.” 2 Tim. 1:7-8 (LB)

4. MY METHOD: ___________________

“Whatever you do or say, let it be as a representative of the Lord Jesus....” Col. 3:17 (LB)
    “Make the most of your chances to tell others the Good News.” Col. 4:5 (LB)

A TOOL: “ESTABLISHING A SPIRITUAL BASE”

“Send us around the world with the news of Your saving power and Your eternal plan for all mankind.” Psalm 67:2 (LB)