1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Sent a stupid text to some girls! Help!

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Kai101, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Kai101

Kai101 Fapstronaut

Hey guys. As the title says, I was being stupid and sent a screenshot of my name om urban dictionary to a couple of my friends who are girls. Ive attsched a screenshot of it to here. Anyway, I thought it would be funny, but it says stuff about me being a nice and caring boyfriend, making friends with your friends, etc. These two friends of mine already have boyfriends though! I sent this on Friday, and today's Sunday, and they haven't responded. I've been anxious about it the whole weekend because I think I creeped them out. I see them tomorrow, and I don't know what to say to them. I sent the text because I thought it would be funny, but now it looks like I'm hitting on them. I'm at a loss for what to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. If these girls are creeped out by this then you should cut them loose; you don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

3. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

Actually if a girl would send me something like that it would creep me out to. It is not funny (I read it all), it is more like trying to prove (show) how great you are and how great catch you are in some very needy way that is not attractive at all. Remember actions are important not the words.

I would recommend try to save it by posting also meaning of their names on urban dictionary with sth like "haha your meanings are even more bullshit than mine (who write those things??)".
    I am not sure if that save the situation, but at least it will seems more like a joke, less awkward, less like proving how great you are. They even might reply to it and if they dont, just dont mention it at all when you see them, take it as a joke they did not understand, so no need to get back to it and focus on moving forward.

AliceIce likes this.
  4. Kai101

Kai101 Fapstronaut

One of the girls said that I had a nice body, so I just thought it was funny that my name meant that too

5. I don't see what this has to do with rebooting in a relationship.

6. immadothis

immadothis Fapstronaut

don't worry , if they don't understand then they don't have a sense of humour

Kai101 likes this.
  7. Kai101

Kai101 Fapstronaut

I didn't know where to post this

8. Gooding

Gooding Fapstronaut

IMO If you cannot be little stupid or make mistakes with them, they are not friends

9. It may have been better in the dating or off-topic section...

CowardlyLion likes this.
  10. CowardlyLion

CowardlyLion Fapstronaut

I agree with @Wave Surfer this doesn’t really belong here.

That’s being said, you know as well as I do that you didn’t just send it to these girls as “a joke”. You are trying to make yourself seem cool and better than their boyfriends. Or whatever. Obviously this is the case because you are so hung up on it. And also...you only sent this “joke” to these two women. Your targets. You didn’t send it to you guy friends. You didn’t include their boyfriends in the text (which I would assume you would have to know because you have no reason to be talking with these girls if you aren’t a circle of friends). Think about your actions. Look at yourself. You’re on this forum for a reason.