1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

having too much free time

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Wendel, May 3, 2018.

1. Wendel

Wendel New Fapstronaut

hello, besides being in the 10 grade for the seconde time, so i am a full time student, i also practise jiu jitsu i am taking my drivers license and am frequenting a private english school to do the cambridge advanced exam within 2 months.
    Being 18 i have a lot of free time and i donnot manage it well enough to the point that if i have to choose between studying or going for a long period of pleasure time i would rather do the second choice because it is easier and it kicks dopamine into my brain so it feels good.
    Pretty much my question is fellow members of this community how do i stop fapping? thank you for your time

PMO addict and freedom rings like this.
  2. freedom rings

freedom rings Fapstronaut

Hi Wendel. I am not sure that is the right question but it is a good start.

First of all hobbies. Secondly I would focus on using your time and energy to achieve other things you value, even if they are immaterial like wellness and energy.

I mean just about all males would fap if they were left to their own devices without any hobbies, goals, or purpose. So perhaps if you truly do have alot of free time and are not working find some positive hobbies that don't have negative effects like the PMO does.

Yanis likes this.
  3. Yanis

Yanis Fapstronaut

How do you stop smoking? In not smoking.
    How do you stop fapping? In not fapping.
    Focus on what you really want: true happiness.

freedom rings likes this.
  4. freedom rings

freedom rings Fapstronaut

I actually had a hell of time quitting cigarettes.

Took a whole lot more than not doing it to finally no longer do it.

5. PMO addict

PMO addict Fapstronaut

Congrats on quitting cigarettes :) I think all addictions are one day at a time and yes a little more complex than just not doing it. Well, not doing it is a big factor, but seeking support, help, doing recovery program, etc. All contribute to maintain "not doing it" (for me at least having delt with other addictions besides PMO as well)

The mentality that "I'm just never gonna do it again" led me relapse at times because there was more to it than that I didn't realize.

So I agree :)

@Wendel - Hi! Welcome to nofap :) Well about free time. You could divert a lot of your free time into participating on the NoFap forums. You can give support to others and also receive support. Also it will help you stop wanting PMO as much when you stay in touch with all the damage it can do. Also participating in support group helps heal the shame, which also weakens the hold of addiction on me so far. (my experience/thoughts on it)