1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Nothing motivates me anymore

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by SorryWontSayIt, May 6, 2018.

1. SorryWontSayIt

SorryWontSayIt Fapstronaut

Hi,

So I have always been a person that spread happiness and have a very controlled life. I guess I have been lucky in many ways. I still think I _should_ be happy, but I am not. I even got a small "price" for being a person creating such a happy work place for others (was a joke price, but it was because I did).

Things that I have enjoyed are now boring. I try new stuff, I find them boring. I am waking up every morning without motivation. There is nothing that makes me really smile, the last months I have been faking a smile to "fit in" to make people think I enjoy it and are having a good time.

I am doing great at school, I have good friends, I got a job, I am going to the gym, I can do what I want most of the time after work and school. Still I am unhappy and not motivated at all. I used to like going to partys, but now I just fake a smile to make people think I enjoy it.

I don't know why I suddenly have changed. Ofcours I met a girl this year, that I thougth I would be in relationship by now, but not everything have worked out there, which have not made the situation better. I still don't know how she feels. I thougth it was over with her, but she have started contacting me again. (I do understand that I should first work on myself and become happy alone too, but if she wants and I want, why not - but I don't know yet).

But all these problems started before I meet her too. Sometimes I feel like crying if I am in a car alone. I have tried to watch stuff and read stuff on google/youtube that can help me find happiness and get a better view on the world, but it works for a few hours then I am demotivated again.

Sometimes I want to cry too when I am alone. I don't really know why. For some time it was because I lost a girl I really liked, (maybe I am weak). But sometimes I just want to cry without reason. I don't cry all the time, but sometimes I just want to cry....

I don't really know what I am searching for by writing this post... I just have to tell..

2. meanbean70

meanbean70 Fapstronaut

That is totally understandable. I'm going through the same thing. sometimes we just go through droughts of depression and flat line, but you just gotta push through and keep your discipline. I found just working on trivial things like math problems all day, things that keep your mind working instead of playing video games or tv or anything like that. As long as you don't lose your discipline, which is hard, you will be ok.