1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Staring?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by forthebetter1, May 11, 2018.

1. forthebetter1

forthebetter1 Fapstronaut

This could probably go in any forum, but I thought here makes sense. I’m trying to quit my habit of “staring”, looking at women that I find attractive. I know it makes women uncomfortable, but it’s a hard habit to break. I’ve been pmo free for a week and it’s easy to get distracted by someone you find attractive. Anyone else have this problem and what do you do to combat it? I find myself staring into space or at my phone, but that doesn’t seem the best solution either.

2. p3rs0nal

p3rs0nal Fapstronaut

I know what you mean. First, it is not completely bad. It's a typical reaction from our brain to observe woman we find attractive. I did that sometimes too but it is easy to avoid it. You need to get your mind occupied. So you could use a good book for example. In my case i mostly just use my phone to browse specific topics that interest me.

3. I've been doing no PM for quite some time and I recently "started" that "habit" too. I can't quite tell when it began but I noticed that once the temperatures outside got higher, the amount of triggers also did. I think my mind sees this as a replacement for PM, which is why "staring" at girls is quite addictive too. It gives that novelty that our brains usually got from P, just in real life I guess. I'm having a hard time fighting this actually so I'd be interested if anyone could share some piece of advise.