1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Dealing wih Jealousy

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Kman20, May 9, 2018.

1. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

I have this female friend who is a flirt she literally flirts with everyone for the fun of it nd I’ve flirted with her back too but we’ve made a few new guys friends recently and I see her do the same with them and this really bugs me. I hate that she gets a long with them so well and gives them attention. I hate that she flirts and laughs with them too. I also hate feeling excluded whenever we all talk. This has been making me angry lately and I think she’s caught wind of this and that’s why she hasn’t been talking to me as much lately. It all really makes me want to just stop talking to her but I’m just acting out of anger. I feel like the problem is really just me, these situations just make me so angry and jealous. I hate that I’m not getting attention from her but at the same time I hate that I want it from her. I don’t know what to do. I Seriously need help.

2. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

You don't own her. She's free to do whatever she wants.

If you wanted something more from her, then you should've expressed your desires rather than beating around the bush, allowing nothing to happen, and causing her to move on.

Your jealousy / anger probably turns her off and scares her. It shows that whenever life doesn't go your way, you crumble and lash out. That doesn't make her feel comfortable or safe around you. Every time you're unable to predict or control her behavior you're going to lash out at her? That doesn't sound like a healthy friendship or anything else.

She has options and you're making it really easy for her to not choose you.

The fact that she's you're only option at the moment causes you to become very outcome dependent and unable to act because you fear that things won't go your way. You kept putting it off and putting it off until it's become too big in your mind to mess it up.

If you expressed your desires honestly from the beginning, she could've accepted you or rejected you. Either way you would've known right away and either took things further or you could've moved on. Rather than this becoming a very big deal and caused you to be paralyzed with fear.

3. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

What should I do now ?

4. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

Do what you want. Rather than hiding your intentions and secretly being angry about it.

If you want to be her friend, then stop lashing out at her with your jealousy / anger.

If you want to ask her out on a date, then do it. If it works out, then great. If it doesn't, then you move on.

Kman20 likes this.
  5. Ilovesemen

Ilovesemen Fapstronaut

Jealousy is to be afraid to lose somthing you do not have!
    I think you aren't confident in this relationship , maybe you need to talk to her about what you feel or maybe she's not for you man
    ! Don't let others control you and your feelings be the BOSS of yourself, take responsability and do what's right for you and don't let others control your feelings and thinking. Yes the problem is only in yourself , you cannot change others so look at yourself and do what is neccesery in order to make things diffrent ! goodluck man

6. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

She’s actually dating someone. So I think it’s best I move on. Maybe start a tinder or something ? Don’t know what I should do. I really don’t put myself out there or talk to girls irl at all.

7. yugowolf1991

yugowolf1991 Fapstronaut

You could try tinder or start some kind of class or something meet someone there work is also a good place to meet people ive found, if not directly then a friend of a friend

Kman20 likes this.
  8. dawghoused

dawghoused Fapstronaut

It is a sign that you like her. Share your feelings with her and ask her directly that you don't like when she flirts with someone else. If she cares about you then she will understand you and maybe stop doing this. It will also help you to know your place in her life.