1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Re-energize my Life

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Lokkai, May 13, 2018.

1. Lokkai

Lokkai Fapstronaut

I was a bit hesitant to join this community, but I figured, "what do I have to lose"? A platform to keep me accountable and a community to keep me motivated; perhaps this is the key to success?

I feel that a simple pleasure has become an addiction, and for a long while now. Over the years, I have been feeling tired, de-energized, uncommitted to my relationship as far as being passionate, unproductive and unmotivated in hobbies and just a general loss of happiness. I have abstained in the past for about three weeks and noticed significant results and almost immediate reversal of the above-mentioned symptoms.

I'm going to give this a serious shot and see how it changes my life. I plan to hit at least 90 days, but I don't want to end it there.

TheGoldenEra and meanbean70 like this.
  2. meanbean70

meanbean70 Fapstronaut

Awesome! Welcome to Nofap and Good luck! When you succeed, it will change your life.

Lokkai likes this.
  3. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Welcome!

To answer your question, I think you have nothing to lose, and a lot to gain. Keep coming back!

Lokkai likes this.
  4. Lokkai

Lokkai Fapstronaut

Eight days and I'm already seeing the positive effects.

I have been feeling a stronger and more positive connection between my wife and I, something I haven't felt for some time.

Also, I am having increased energy, focus and yearning to follow more of my hobbies. I used to feel very lazy and unmotivated. It isn't 100% yet, but there is definitely positive change!

5. TheGoldenEra

TheGoldenEra Distinguished Fapstronaut

Hi and welcome to the forums! I wish you success in this journey and hope you destroy this addicition. If you ever want help, advice or even someone to just talk to. Do not hesitate in contacting me, I would be more than happy to help.

Stay strong! :D

Lokkai likes this.
  6. Lokkai

Lokkai Fapstronaut

Thanks for the warm welcome and support everyone!

10 days now... There were definitely temptations today, but I re-focused and held back. The emergency button is always helpful! lol.

7. FullHouse3

FullHouse3 Fapstronaut

Good work on hitting 10 days. After a little while (around 7-10 days) temptations tend to slow down a bit so don’t give up.

Lokkai likes this.
  8. Lokkai

Lokkai Fapstronaut

Thanks.

I'm at 14 days now. I feel like the temptations are the worst now than it has been at any point in the last two weeks...

Deleted Account and TheGoldenEra like this.
  9. That tends to happen around this time. Keep going, you're doing great.

I would like to suggest you to look into mindfulness meditation. It has helped me personally tremendously to learn how to deal with urges. It takes a while to get good at it and notice results, so you need to be consistent with it, but once you do it's very powerful. It has been used by sages for thousands of years to deal with various issues of the mind. And in recent decades the science is also catching up to what ancient sages have know for centuries. Meditation these days are widely used as very effective tool by psychologists for treating addiction and by neurologists for supporting recovery of the brain. It is a great exercise for the brain the same way as jogging is great exercise for the body. Check out this Ted talk, it gives a good idea of what's it about when it comes to philosophy. As far as practical side of it there is this awesome smartphone app called Headspace for guided meditations to get you started.