1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Water Fasting

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by thejoyprovider, Oct 8, 2014.

1. thejoyprovider

thejoyprovider Fapstronaut

Day 36
    Today slept a lot. At some point felt a sharp pain at the liver or the gallbladder area. I suspect it was a stone coming out. After that it was quite nice.

Today is raining and I will focus a bit on programming. Still no hunger there. Energy is ok.

2. Mdan

Mdan Guest

So did you have a shit during your fasting? :p

3. TeddyBear

TeddyBear Guest

I'm sorry, but maybe I missed something ... but how long are you fasting for? Fasting every now and then is a healthy practice, but going weeks without food is just idiotic. I'm not sure if that's what you're doing here or not. Also, never go on a water fast. That's absurd. Most people are under-hydrated as it is. Your body is comprised mostly of water and if you go a week without it, the chances of you dying are very high. I commend you on your commitment, but commitment without knowledge of what you're actually doing to yourself is immensely dangerous.

I feel like I missed something here, but please try and refrain from doing the Jesus-in-the-desert diet.

4. TeddyBear

TeddyBear Guest

Thanks for the clarification. That sounds far less frightening. I thought he was literally taking a water break. o_O

I actually go on several fasts a year to reset my digestive system ... and it also brings me closer to how my body reacts to the things I put in it. They usually last a week or two, depending on how I'm feeling. I drink a gallon of water a day already, so I don't usually have an issue staying hydrated. During a fast, though, sometimes I combine electrolytes to my water intake so that I don't have any problems.

5. monkotto

monkotto Fapstronaut

@thejoyprovider

i have several burger king coupons for a great foodorgy.

do you need them? :p

6. thejoyprovider

Day 37 - Day 38 - Day 39
    It's been a while since I last wrote. I have been throwing up bile the last days. It started with yellow color and progressed into a darkish green. At the beginning I was afraid but now I feel a lot better. I suspect it has to do with the colon cleanse this time. The tongue is still clear at the tip but a whole bunch of nasty things are happening at the middle and end of it. I feel that the liver is producing bile also containing a bit of toxins accumulated over the years. Then the intestines are receiving it but as it is too toxic it goes back.

At some point I felt there was no progress with the fasting until now. I feel things are really start to move now. The taste at the the tip of my tongue is sweet and awesome. The more you progress back it becomes more and more terrible. The taste from the puke is unbearable. It's like all the cigarettes, fast food, coffee and alchohol I had together the last years.

At some point the was fear to the degree of stopping the fasting but I knew that this would make things worse. There start to be bowel movement as well which means things are moving. There is also more and more gas production. The puking is more intense during night time. I guess it is the gravitational pulls of the moon that keep things going on. I do not force the puke with finger or anything I let it come naturally.

My energy at some point was lower as all the blood is in the intestines and stomach area. Other than that still programming PHP and watching movies. Also socializing here and then.

I suspect this is the hardest part of the journey. When I clean my house usually that day things are messy until the final clean over has taken place. I do not fear my body and I always trust my senses.

I would like to state something more at that point. Some years ago a patch of hair started growing over my liver area. A small 2cm diameter cyrcle of darken hair around that area. If I shave there the patch would come again. I knew it was wrong as it would seem so wrong when ever I looked at the mirror. Now this patch is completelly gone.

Other details are past bodilly traumas reaperaed-healed and dissapeared.

My day today was mostly relaxing, shopping a bit of water low in minerals.

The puking the first days left and unspeakable taste to my whole mouth. Now this taste becomes less and less. Remembered the extreme salivating as well that started from almost day 20. I suspect that this was the preparation for this.

I have to say. My case was severe toxicated for sure. I can't even believe the habits I once had. 2 pizzas at 1 o' clock in the night. Fast food. Alchohol. Repeat. For years. Also because my parents got divorced when I was young a lot of stress was in me that all went into eating habits. Bad eating habits. I started eating pizza from 15 or a bit lower than that. My mother also was not in a better position. She took me to fast food restaurants to eat from a young age. Well. She was always like that but her health is very low. My father on the other hand grew up in a village. I am still admiring how strong he is. Maybe ever stronger than me sometimes. He was always against this kind of food. Now I understand. I remembered him eating garlic, onions, putting a lot of oil in the food. Olive oil :).

So. It has been an amazing journey and I feel the colon, liver cleanse that is taking place is the final step as I start to have a very slight idea of a sweet nice taste in the mouth. I feel better and better. The last 2-3 were hard. And I am glad they did. As the headache on the third day was hard. Or the spitting all the time was hard. Things are moving for good.

Stay strong. Love you all.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  7. thejoyprovider

Day 39 - Night
    Just spit inside a glass for candida check. At the first seconds I was supriced to see that it was still there despite the nice sweet taste of my mouth now but in about 5 seconds it just dissolved. The candida held no structure what so ever and was brought down to infinite little pieces.

I do this test many days now, today, parallel to the sweeter mouth taste its the first day ever happened. It usually kept its structure for hours or days. Those little white things hanging there or a thick mucus at the bottom of the glass.

Only time the candida dissolved so fast was with the baking soda.

I also did the test with the four glasses. Candida in lemon juice, apple vinegar, bakind soda and epsom salt. Baking soda was the winner.

I feel that hunger will start returning quite quite soon. True hunger. It's about time now.

Sexually this period the penis is getting erected much more faster as there is much much more blood there. All the blood vessels feel unclogged. For example my veins in my arm are much more visible as for my hands even tinnier veins are now visible. Around the fingers as well.

Also I feel less and less cold despite the zero calorie intake. It has to do with the efficient unclogging of the arteries, veins and even smaller veins.

There was a bit of a pain in the liver area these days that was totally connected with the vommiting of bile. As it turns out this was a very important step in the process that made things better in the long turn.

I found out from this experience that each organ has a mind on its own and there are different rates of cleansing. From top to bottom the priorities change as well as the metabolic rates. The brain has to be kept clean at all costs. If toxins make it to the brain. Well. Bad thing. Bad toxins in the colon. People live with them for years. So:

Brain (Fast Rates - Headache)
    Mouth (Fast - Saliva)
    Lungs (Medium - Cough - Mucus)
    Heart (? - ? - Still not sure)
    Liver (Slower but very powerfull - Bile - Vomit)
    Intestines (Slowe but very infuencing - Puke - Gas - Poop)

So. When in toxins the brain is the first to get them rid off. The body does it best to keep it clean. Why? Because with no brain you wont be able to heal your self, find food, move, keep coordination, remember you are ill and all the brain function we know.

The lungs are pretty fast as well. When I stopped smoking in three days the sense of smell was back and the coughing started in 2-3 days. It kept on going.

For the heart Im still not quite sure. It may be outside this list as an independand and very important organ.

The liver is slower but very very powerfull. It took me so many days to get the mucus of the liver going on outwards but boy you can tell is a very very powerfull and infuencing organ.

The intestines are the slower but they are so infuencal as well. These people who do colon cleansing and get a whole bunch of black stuff from outside them feel so much better after time. But they can keep going on with all that garbage inside them for years.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  8. WinstonWolf

WinstonWolf Fapstronaut

What kind of pizza did you eat back then? Can you list the stores and what was in them in terms of chemicals?

9. thejoyprovider

Day 40
    So the legendary fasting ended just now with mandarin juice. I think 40 for first time was more than enough. I think was close to run out of fuel as well. If that happens no healing can occur. Just like water cleans the kidnesys and it is needed good food is also needed to clean the gut. Maybe I missed that step.

So. A new chapter begins. The refeeding process. The bowel the last days started to move and those were signs of reactivation. Now its time for fruits and veggies to clean their way through.

So just drunk some mandarin juice. The taste was amazing. Thought my stomach would be upset but it was very welcoming so far :)

Let's absorb some vitamins shall we? :)

10. thejoyprovider

Fast food pizza ordered and usually bad quallity. Bad despite that it was the quantity mostly. Due to depression and boredom and loneliness. After some large meals I started developing Restless Legs Syndrome.

11. thejoyprovider

Day 40 - Night - Day of breaking the fast
    So I broke the fast today. I have been eating apples and oranges with a time span between them. Still no bowel movement but I feel that my stomach settled down.

I will repeat the fasting propably at some point of my life as the tongue did not clear fully. I get I was a lot in toxins but of course I can continue the process by eating healthy foods and keep going that direction.

So here is a photo of my body before and after :)

The BMI was stabilized exactly at 18.5 which is the official standard as I checked out which is pretty interesting.

IMG_0081.jpg

I would not recomment going through the vomitting parts. Propably I drained my energy levels there and the cleansing can keep going on when the body has energy again. Or maybe I wrong and if I continued that direction I would keep the tongue totally pink and everything but I am not sure about it.

I felt a bit dizzy at some point when the fructoze from the sugar hit but it was expected and also mild. Now feeling back on track with energy and quite quite happy to be honest.

Stay strong :)

12. fapstronaut1337

fapstronaut1337 Fapstronaut

Huge inspiration man, congratulations on this awesome journey! Respect.

You look alot healthier now and I bet you will look even better after just a few days of clean eating (I am just assuming that you are not going back to 2 pizzas at night coupled with alcohol ;) )
    I would suggest for you to start building some muscle also, not that its needed but it would look good with your new look. Just hit me up if you need some help with this, I've been lifting for about 5 years and know alot about this.

I've only done 24 hours of fasting like 5 times now but never more than that. Also been doing intermediate fasting (16 hours mainly) for a few years now... not EVERYday. but most days. And what you are doing is something I will definitly do some time in the future. With your experience now, how long do you recommend to do it? Seems like you did alot of cleansing in the last few days now.

Again, great job!

13. thejoyprovider

Thank you very much. I would recommend until the signs of the body are showing that you are entering deeper waters. There is no need to push to the limits. With a healthy lifestyle we can somehow fast forever. What I mean is just stay away from a lot of breads, sugars, drugs, alchohol, coffee, refined foods and you will be fine.

Fasting is like cleaning your house once in a while after all these years of bullshit sitting around. It was a very easy journey for me until the 35 days to be honest. Then propably I run out of fuel slowly but all seem ok right now. I would not recommend the puking bile thing for a first timer. I don't know if that was cleansing or not but it was the most terrible taste in mouth ever concived by god and all existance in the whole universe twice.

There are three things that might explain it. Either
    a) The liver was flushing stuff out: Toxins and other stuff that had no way out other than the mouth.
    b) The liver and the Gallbladded where flushing stuff out that had no way out other than the mouth.
    c) Dehydration.
    d) Starvation
    e) All or some of the above but due to the excessive toxicity of my intestines I could not take the full recovery during the first fast.

I have no idea what it might be. That part got me un guarded. I usually read all the signs of the body but this I cannot understand and I didn't know what to do at the time. Nothing felt right but nothing felt wrong so much.. I decided to end it up here as a first time faster. Maybe in the future it will be different.

Muscle is ok. Im will be back into running and abs.

You would like to check this new documentary by the way. Looks very interesting. It is about sugar and bread. South park even mentioned this thing. People are getting more aware that food is the start and the end of everything in our body.

Just think how much % the digestion system takes up in your body. Start with your mouth and stop at your bottom :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dON-fPp5Hy0

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  14. Christ almighty! What an amazing journey you've been on! I know very little about nutrition, and how the body functions (apart from the basics, and a few extras from what my mother has taught me), so this has really given me, and I dare say a lot of other people, a rare insight into the deep relationship our body has with our food. Well done, I wish you luck in the 're-nutrification' process!

15. XQJ-37

XQJ-37 Fapstronaut

16. thejoyprovider

Yes, totally heard of them. Is there any case that I started releasing them through the mouth as bile went there and came back? It crossed my mind at some point.

It seems healthier anyways to eat fiber foods in order to wash em away if there are any (there sure are). They are propably much more soft now I guess.

17. XQJ-37

XQJ-37 Fapstronaut

I think the whole idea of the way we eat, 3 meals a day, is totally uncommon to the way that we evolved to eat. Grazing to start with then big feasts. There is a theory that says when we came down from the tree's we didn't have the strategic skills necessary to out wit and catch wild game, because we were mainly grazing plants which don’t run away. This theory says we went to the oceans edge and grazed on the rich shell fish and such and the omega 3 oils greatly improved our brains. But with a larger brain and the feast of the kill we had time to think shit up and take more notice of those lights in the sky. But there would have been periods of fasting because of a lack of food which probably sharpened our resolve to get food.:)

18. thejoyprovider

Day 42 - Juicing -
    Actually the puking now that I think of it led to severe dehydration. It could be a flu or something or somekind of expression of a virus years after due to the fasting. Old body injuries came to the surface and healed what so ever. It was hard to keep anything down. Now I am back into drinking lots of water and I can say things start to move inside the gut once again.

Pay a lot of attention in drinking lots of water always if you plan to do this :)

19. thejoyprovider

Day 42 - Night
    Alright. I figured out what happened with the puking and everything.

The stomach was lacking good enzymes and this disturbed the equialibrium of the stomach. This is why the spitting and the throwing up. I took half of a pill of spirulina which contains probiotics and I felt relief in like 30 minutes. The bloating of the stomach is gone and I will be going to the bathroom soon enought.

The taste in the mouth is totally normal. I think the best duration for something like this is like 20 days. Enough to clean but still easier to come back.

I feel I am returning as I was before the throwing up occured. Awesome.

Now I feel that all the fasting benefits are back and the appetite is now more open as the saliva is being stabilized.

Pay a lot of attention on how you are going to end a fast. It is even more important than starting and during the fast it self.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  20. thejoyprovider

After the water fast
    I get it now. Why the bile returned with that taste. I was always programming a lot and sitting coundless hours in front of the pc. The legs touching the floor and the distance from the chair created over the years a position that embraces constipation.
    After that the crazy intense diet of huge quantities blocked everything down there.

I was reading about squatting while pooping today and slowly slowly the way to total healthy life is opening.

The natural position of pooping for humans is squatting. That creates the perfect position for the intestines to keep moving. Water moves, bile moves, things move.

In my case even while water fasting the bowels had a chance to clean but not fully because of my unawareness of the body position.

So, at day 35 while the lungs finished cleaning as the tongue showed the bile was obstructed by the intestines doing an acid reflux.

Today 5 days after breaking the fast and eating very light and never after 7 oclock in the night I noticed that the bile taste returned. So why?

I was sitting at my pc and then I decided to put a small step for my legs to be up all the time!

Within 1 hour the bile is going down, no more taste, I am more thirsty and a lot of gas started going on very very fast!

This was a very important piece of information that I was missing.

Now I am ready to continue the cleaning either with intermediate fasting following with another smaller water fast or just wait to see what happens when you take care of the body position and never eat beyond 7.

This explains so many things!
    a) Restless legs syndrome. why this urge for the body to move? To keep the digestive track going
    b) Insomia. More like bad digestion
    c) Acid reflux, bile reflux
    d) Anxiety

There is a saying for people that we don't like and they say that these people are like "constipated".

Well. I was one of them for quite some time I am afraid.

The most amazing thing is that without the drastic impact of a water fasting I would never be able to tell.

Keep strong.