1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I deal with depression?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by arayyahoward, May 15, 2018.

1. arayyahoward

arayyahoward New Fapstronaut

I’ve been battling with depression for two weeks now. My dad who have been my greatest hero passed the veil and left the mortal life. I feel like a part of me is empty. I don’t have someone to talk to now, I don’t have someone who will comfort me when I’m in big trouble. I feel lost to this very cruel world. I feel so alone and lonely. I feel like the world is beating on me. I’ve been crying for days, many sleepless nights and tiring days. How do I deal with depression? I already asked for help to some of my friends, but none of them is helpful, even looked on testimonials in a foreign page about fighting depression but still, no effect on me. I need your help.

rayzyzz likes this.
  2. thetrueman

thetrueman Fapstronaut

Hey man, Im really sorry about your dad. Your depression for the death of a loved one is completely normal. Think about it this way, if your dad passed away, THEN HE PASSED AWAY. Nothing can change that fact, he is now a thing of the past. There is nothing you can do that will bring him back. You being his daughter (im assuming you are female) should do the following which I describe below.

Spend time walking outside in the park, or any place you would consider beautiful that is close to where you live. And when you walk, THINK. THINK YOUR HEART OUT. Think about your life, what the purpose of your life should be? what your dad wanted you to do? what he sincerely wanted from you? etc. If you believe that your dad was a good man, the most you can do is carry out his legacy by doing what he wanted to do in your own life. Live however he taught you to live. And when you have kids, teach them the same way your father taught you and even better because at the end of the day you are trying to fulfill what he wanted to achieve.

I wish you the best of luck

u376 and rayzyzz like this.
  3. rayzyzz

rayzyzz Fapstronaut

Hello, I have a friend just like you who has lost her dad before she went studying aboard. During her first year of study, I never saw her real smile, I can tell she is trying to fake her smile when everybody is having fun. But I have seen her trying to socialize more by joining clubs meeting new people , volunteering from her social media to truly enjoy her life in university. During her second year, I saw her again, she is like completely different person to me. She always smile (real smile deep from her heart) I can tell she enjoys her life. I also have a friend who has depression for a long time , he goes to see his school psychologist once a week, he told me is really helpful. He always tries to talk to random students in school, he told me it can relieve his stress by doing so. He has passion for coffee and decide to run a coffee club in school. He also likes reading books about spirituality and philosophy, he said those books makes him more stable. Hope it helps and let me know if you need more help.

4. dawghoused

dawghoused Fapstronaut

Sorry to know about your dad. It's God's wish. I know it's very difficult to overcome but you need to do it. Don't be depressed, just think about the dream your dad saw for you and make his dream true. Meet with your friends and relatives and share your feelings with them.

5. FishHook

FishHook Fapstronaut

Physical workouts, healthy food and walks. Try to speak more with friends and relatives. Never give up! You must fill your empty part with activities. No caffeine and sugar.

6. That's real tough sorry to hear about it. I guess over the years I found something that helped me it was that it was ok to be sad and upset about things theres nothing wrong or bad about it. We all have emotions don't try to hide them I lost a good friend 10 years ago I still miss them at times its part of being a carring human.

7. Talk about it, don't hold it in. Many times when we feel sad we called that being depressed in truth though, it's holding in the sadness which makes us depressed. Depression is a lack of feeling or care about anything, in truth this intense sadness is the direct result of love for your dad. It's beautiful that you got to experience such a thing & troubling it had to be taken away, let's explore the things that you feel currently.