1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Food intolerance test anyone?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, May 22, 2018.

1. I am 39 and active but have sore inflammation of joints mainly over winter, when I get a cold or flu or when I eat a lot of rubbish and sugary food. My doc has done some blood test for diabetes, gout etc but all clear. He suggested the only thing he can do after this is scan the sorest joint and assess but this will not work as its a mix of joints each time. With the NHS it seems to be either tablets or scans and no mention of what goes into the body being the problem source. I am trying to find alternative medical advice and try to help myself.
    I thought of a food intolerance test to see if specific foods are causing inflammation problems. Has anybody tried this test and if so would you advise it?
    Any other suggestions / tests / elimination diet suggestions are more than welcome!

Many Thanks

Ray

2. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

I had that test, results were great and very informative. Nevertheless; if I ate the food for which I am intolerant to, I would have only digestive problems (a.k.a. diarrhea if I ate too much of intolerant food). So after test I knew exactly what I am intolerant to, and after cutting it from my diet I have no problems anymore.

However, I have never heard that food intolerance would cause joint pain.
    It sound more like arthritis to me https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/arthritis/

3. Thanks Justin,
    Where did you do the test?
    Was it expensive?
    Doc tested me for it already :(
    Cheers mate

4. P-Free

P-Free Fapstronaut

You may also try something called Whole30. It's at Whole30.com. You needn't buy the book or anything, just follow the 30-day plan on the site. Essentially, it's an elimination diet that targets all potentially inflammation-causing foods. Once the 30-day period is done, you can add the foods back to see which you react to. I've done it and it was very helpful. Note: I am not affiliated with Whole30 and do not make any money from recommending the program. Just wanted to make that clear. :)

Best of luck!

5. Thanks a million P-free. I will try that :)

P-Free likes this.
  6. P-Free

P-Free Fapstronaut

You're welcome, @firsttimentrial I hope it helps! Keep me posted, if you like. :)

7. will do boss
    thank you :)

P-Free likes this.
  8. P-Free

P-Free Fapstronaut

Sweet! You're welcome. Have a great day! :)