1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello and thanks.

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by ler41, May 20, 2018.

1. ler41

ler41 Fapstronaut

Been lurking for a bit and decided to give this a try. I’ve been reading people’s stories and others encouraging them to remain strong. It has helped me so I thank everyone. I hit Day 20 tomorrow and couldn’t have done it without the positive reinforcement offered here.

A little about me. I would PMO two to four times a day. Normally at least once before work and once after work. My vice was/is cam girl sites. I realized I wasn’t able to give my all to my gf when we had sex. So I decided to try to this to better be able to give her what she deserves.

Over the last 19 days I have been much more productive. Had a much clearer mind. I feel a lot better mentally as well. I don’t sit and wonder if this girl or that girl is on cam and I’m missing it because I’m at work. It got to the point where I was driving home and watching because I “didn’t want to miss anything”.

I’ve also attempted to abstain from all social media. I’ve realized that sitting there trolling girls on Facebook and Instagram is almost as bad as the com girls. It often led to me switching to the cam girls for PMO. I do still sometimes get caught up on some Instagram “model” pages. But I think of this site and it gets me back on track.

Thanks again for helping me see I can lead a healthier life. I have a long way to go but the assistance and encouragement here is AWESOME.

94d33m and PMO addict like this.
  2. PMO addict

PMO addict Fapstronaut

Hi ler41! Welcome to nofap. That's great to make it 19 days so far. I hope the forums continue to help you. I think they made a huge difference in me staying clean so far. I've been on them since day 3, every day.

3. 94d33m

94d33m Fapstronaut

Wow 20 days is no joke ler41. If you have gone this far, you can do even more. Good luck on this wierd, but epic journey !

4. Hi. Welcome to forum!

Make sure you crate a personal journal thread in Reboot Logs section and blog there on a regular basis. As well as just generally be active participant in various forum discussions. I recommend this to everybody new here because it's the major thing that helped me when I was first starting. Just lurking on forums, reading and learning is great. But it usually is so much more powerful to engage. It helps to keep us motivated and accountable when we are active part of community. And keeps this in front of our minds so we don't forget about importance of it and slip away in our old habits.

I would also like to suggest you to look into mindfulness meditation. It has helped me personally tremendously. It takes a while to get good at it and notice results, so you need to be consistent with it, but once you do it's very powerful. Check out this Ted talk, it gives a good idea of what's it about.

Wish you lot's of strength and success in your reboot journey!

5. ler41

ler41 Fapstronaut

Thanks I’ll check it out. I agree engaging seems to help even more.

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. Hey @ler41

I'm just a normal ordinary member. No moderator super powers and no special insite. I share my ESH (Experience, Strength and Hope) of what works for me.

Just another warm welcome and a heart felt hello. This community has helped me so much.

What worked for me was "working" it. It took hard work for me to complete a hard reboot (No pmo) for 120 days, then move into a Sex Positive mode.

First, reading the literature published by NoFap itself along with reading journals.

Then, doing the work. Writing in my journal and replying to introductions and other's journals.

Finally, but not least, getting involved with the fellowship. I found it on the forums, but also in people's profiles. The forums tend to be longer posts, where the profiles tend to be more "conversational".

That is what has worked for me. I like to remind myself that this community was here waiting for me with the lights on when I arrived. Now, I have to do my best to be there when someone comes to the community.

For me NoFap is 1/2 program & 1/2 fellowship.

Click on these people and post a "hello" on their profiles.

I've found that the bricks that hold this community together are cemented with the support of the members of the fellowship..

@Brahmacharin
    @tet2vd
    @Satchi
    @JackMcWaffles
    @BigDawg913
    @zakes
    @LilD
    @kropo82
    @TheGoldenEra

One of the ways I got involved with the fellowship was by reading some really great journals. Reading other's stories with their victories and even defeats is a big part of my program.

I've included journals from all age groups, spiritual members, religious members, secular members, male and female. You should find journals that help. If not, look around, there are hundreds of others from which to choose. When I say "it works if you work it", reading journals is part of that work.

--> L

7. ler41

ler41 Fapstronaut

Thank you and I will. Still going strong and feel better each day. Much much much more productive. I didn’t realize how much time was wasted with PMO.

8. I know what you mean. It's like a maze of evil. It convinces me with lies that around every corner is a newer, better vid or image, that the one I'm seeing at that moment isn't as good as the next one or the one I saw before that I can't remember.

But the maze isn't real. The problem is my brain thinks it's real. Then it demands that kind of perfection - perfect people doing perfect things. But, it's a lie. Nobody is that perfect - it's edited, changed and scripted.

When I get in real life my brain then demands the same perfection and the result is PIED and DE for me.

It's gotten better now after a few 24 hours without pmo.

L