1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Which makes the better laptops: HP or Dell?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Moon Shot, May 24, 2018.

1. Moon Shot

Moon Shot Fapstronaut

What's up, guys? I wanted you all to weigh in and let me know which is better. I don't need technicalities, just your personal opinion from experience. Especially from those who've used both and can give me some insight. Your response is much appreciated.

2. pankeas

pankeas Fapstronaut

I have a Dell XPS 13 and I love it. My mom has an HP Spectre and she loves it as well. It depends on what you like. They are both similar sizes, but the HP has a touch screen. I didn't want a touch screen which led me to get the Dell. They are both great options!

Taylor25 and Moon Shot like this.
  3. Ecco

Ecco Fapstronaut

4. JacquesMolay

JacquesMolay Fapstronaut

Dell has only failed me after years of working well... I think of them as the VolksWagen of laptops.

Deleted Account and Moon Shot like this.
  5. Divinekarma

Divinekarma Fapstronaut

Here in India you'd buy Dell laptop only to throw it out within 6 months. Dell is pathetic. I'd go for an Apple Macbook Air/Macbook Pro anyday over other substandard brands.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  6. Moon Shot

Moon Shot Fapstronaut

Thanks all of you :) Your insight is very enlightening and at the same time very, very confusing when considered together. :p Anyways, I'll keep asking, and please feel free, everyone, to share any great advice. Apple's good, but I just want to know if HP or Dell is better, maybe the longer-the-life the better. It should withstand a humid climate if that helps. :)

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. I have Acer gentlemen. I bought it 8 years ago and can still use it

8. Moon Shot

Moon Shot Fapstronaut

Acer better than both of these you say, huh? Interesting... thanks for the comment :)

9. Divinekarma

Divinekarma Fapstronaut

In my opinion, HP is a better bet. Have seen it work well for a couple of my friends. I had an awful experience with Dell. Good luck bro.

Moon Shot likes this.
  10. Moon Shot

Moon Shot Fapstronaut

Thanks, I'll be needing it. :p

Divinekarma likes this.
  11. I don't say that because I never used Dell or HP so I can't compare which is better. I just say that Acer is good, it's long-life one. The only thing that made it repaired is my dad saw it dirty fulled of dust , so he cleaned it with lotion on the keyboard.

Moon Shot likes this.
  12. Moon Shot

Moon Shot Fapstronaut

Oh, sorry for the confusion That one's on me :p I think long-life wise, yeah, Acer's better if it goes 8 years... that's why I thought you meant that. Thanks for clarifying, trust me, I'm going to consider your advice, and thanks for the dust heads-up. :)

13. striverpz

striverpz Fapstronaut

I would recommend Dell Latitude. I had an HP before that and the buod and quality of the Latitude continues to impress me. I had a Dell Inspiron before that, that never failed me - EVEN in hot conditions and through vigorous daily use. I gave it to my brother who used it in very dusty conditions and lost the motherboard - Dell sent a technician (For a fee) to replace it at his office and it s still going - daily! That on must be been used for about 9 years now.
    My current Dell Latitude lost its hard drive twice - whilst I've been travelling for work and Dell honoured the 3 year international warranty both times and dispatched technicians to replace the drive at their cost both times. Their over the phone support was also brilliant. When they offered to extend the warranty by 2 more years, I agreed and paid the fee and so I'm in the 5th year of the same laptop that had a major issue with the last Windows 10 update and crashed. Dell gave me excellent support and helped me restore my machine (not my data - which I had backed up on the cloud) to its original condition. I am looking for a replacement that light and powerful as I am in the final year if the laptop's warranty and will need a lighter more powerful one for work as I travel a lot and was seriously considering the Microsoft Surface Pro but Dell have also made a 2-in-1 to rival this. So I'm also stumped right now and am waiting for both Microsoft and Dell to announce and release their new models before I decide.

Moon Shot likes this.
  14. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

I have an HP laptop from 2015 and it works okay. It used to get hot and shut off randomly but it hasn’t done that in a while. *shrugs*
    ....I’ve never owned a Dell.

Moon Shot likes this.
  15. I had my first Dell laptop that was stolen in September 2009 after two years of using it and I still want all of my digital camera pictures on there back. The second Dell laptop of mine was used from October 2009 to late 2014 until the errors started ruining the computer and never went back (I think it's dead by then). Until May 2015, I bought myself an MacBook Pro and I found it outstanding and, of course, I still using it, despite it got some errors because of their garbage software they updated back in late 2016. Too bad that hard drive was damaged in early 2017 and was replaced a new one and good thing about it was I got my digital camera pictures on my flash drive I purchased a few years ago before my laptop gets stolen or broken.

I've great things about Asus and I've never experienced it before so I cannot speak for that. Buy whatever laptop you need! :)

Moon Shot likes this.
  16. Moon Shot

Moon Shot Fapstronaut

Gee, thanks, mate. Guess I should hold on, too :p

striverpz likes this.
  17. Moon Shot

Moon Shot Fapstronaut

That's fine, I appreciate all the feedback I can get :)

18. Moon Shot

Moon Shot Fapstronaut

Thanks a million, mate. :) Macs are great, a little pricey, but worth it. I'm taking everyone's thoughts into consideration. :)

Taylor25 likes this.
  19. striverpz

striverpz Fapstronaut

I'm an overthinker and second guesser- so it's difficult to satisfy my requirements. My choice is floating around the use of USB - C Thunderbolt technology - I recommend that you read up on this as it's going to shape your choices.

Moon Shot likes this.
  20. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

A Dell. They’re good singers.

Deleted Account and Moon Shot like this.