1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you find more friends?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by nomo, May 24, 2018.

1. nomo

nomo Fapstronaut

One thing that would help me stay PMO free would be if I had more friends. I find it hard to find friends, not because I'm not social. The problem is I'm not in enough places where I can develop friendships. I work from home, so I'm isolated all day long.

Does anyone have suggestions of how to meet new friends? Where do you find them?
    I'm thinking I need to volunteer more and that may help, but other than that I'm stuck.

Trappist likes this.
  2. JakeWoods

JakeWoods Fapstronaut

Hmm. From my experience you rarely just go out and meet “friends” once you reach a certain age. You just meet acquaintances.

The only friends that I have. Are people that I stayed in contact with from school. Or possibly ones I’ve made from work, but the ones I made from work, I only see at work, I don’t go out on weekends with them or do what friends do.

I feel like once you get past a certain age you stop making friends. You have a life to live, work, bills, etc... they get in the way of making friends.

I mean I can recommend a few places where you might make some friends. Maybe join a social club, take up a sport, join a dance class, music class, acting class. Whatever it is you’re interested in. These types of places will have people that attend regularly and you’ll get to know them.

Kizito.D, Woodcutter74, sev94 and 2 others like this.
  3. kingpietro

kingpietro Fapstronaut

Sorry but thats a big amount of bulshit. I moved to a completlly different country with zero friends when i was 27 now i have good friends.

I made friends by talking to people at the bus at the train station. One of my best friend is a guy who i met at the buss.

joining a activity that i like in my life it was soccer so i joined a supporter club from Fc bruges and i met some cool guys who i hang out with.

Its not hard to make friends. You need to go out to something YOU ENJOY and go out with the mindset " i want to enjoy myself" as a result you will find new friends.

bassicly in all these situation i enjoyed life and started talking to people this resulted in people liking me and hanging out so you need to start feeling happy and going out wherever you like .

4. Zephon

Zephon Fapstronaut

I've met new friends by visiting festivals or pubs, when I go out with friends - when I was younger in the case of the last one.
    On festivals I meet a hell lot of people. I drink with them, talk with them about god and the world and so on. It is in some cases the best way to meet new friends, depending on what type of persons they are (I meet also some dickheads of course, but you have such idiots everywhere). For example I have a few friends from Spain, Netherlands and a friend from Serbia I met on festivals. And when I want to visit a festival I ask them if they gonna go to the festival xyz too. So I am not alone on the festival.

Else I meet new people in the university where I study. I talk with them about university and different study paths. Or during lectures and exercises I meet new people.

Or you join clubs or classes like the users over me already mentioned it. This is also a good way to meet new people and make new friends.

Woodcutter74, Monk M0de and nomo like this.
  5. JakeWoods

JakeWoods Fapstronaut

Call it bullshit all you want. I did say “In my experience”...

And oh my god, you made a friend at the bus stop?
    You don’t hold back, do you...

Woodcutter74 and JJTorres like this.
  6. nomo

nomo Fapstronaut

Thanks, I like your suggestions at the end. I definitely need to get out more. I'm hoping that meeting friends doesn't end as we age. Everything I've read suggest friends are what keeps us healthy, living longer, and enjoying a more fulfilled life. Like you, most of my friends are from school or past jobs, but those friends are far away since I moved over 20-years-ago.

JakeWoods likes this.
  7. kingpietro

kingpietro Fapstronaut

I didn't talk to him with the mindset i want him as a friend i just talk with everyone and then you will notice who has a good connection with you

thats the key to finding a girfriend or friends the key to charisma having a " WTF attitude " even if i get rejected or someone doesn't like its ok i am not going to die.

charisma is just beeing you'self and not giving a shit about the outcome.

And lets be honest it isn't a big deal there are enough people woman and man just talk to people and you will notice when it clicks.

Just talk to people because you want to enjoy you'rself and share youre opinion on something you saw or what happenned and so on..

Last edited: May 28, 2018
  8. Just get out from time to time going to events making an effort to talk to new people.

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

Put yourself in situations where things can happen. Obviously what you're doing now (being isolated at home) doesn't allow for much opportunities for socializing.

Think of what kind of people you'd like to meet and where they would hang out. Think of what interests and activities you'd like to do and meet like minded people that way.

Woodcutter74 and Deleted Account like this.
  10. JJTorres

JJTorres Fapstronaut

Flash/Barry Allen didnt actually search for friends(Iris, Cisco,Caitlin,Oliver,Patty etc.) they appeared to him or were already there. He just lived the things he enjoyed and bam it happened.
    What it happen is that friends come to us when we are not actually looking for them, that makes it unique and natural not forced.
    images (5).jpeg

Woodcutter74 likes this.
  11. Woodcutter74

Woodcutter74 Fapstronaut

There are many ways you can befriend people, such as the supermarket, your favorite store to shop. I know this because I work there and meet a lot of people who became friendly and close....especially women. If you practice a hobby that many people enjoy, you'll probably find friends on Facebook that have the same passion and live nearby. Community work, festivals, Comicon, Spartan challenge, races are other examples where you can meet people. I know that when I used to run, I met many friendly people. Also hiking in the mountains is a great place to meet people.

12. JJTorres

JJTorres Fapstronaut

What i consider somewhat of my BF now is my pastor, i wasnt interested in making friends with anyone at church but with time he has become my friend, although i dont know if he sees me as his friend or just part of the congregation.

Woodcutter74 likes this.
  13. Woodcutter74

Woodcutter74 Fapstronaut

I think he sees you as a friend.

14. Seven_

Seven_ Fapstronaut

Go in the gym

15. JJTorres

JJTorres Fapstronaut

Sure. But the thing is he doesnt call me or want to share activities outside church. like fishing or jogging.

16. Woodcutter74

Woodcutter74 Fapstronaut

Our minister is pretty much the same way.

17. JJTorres

JJTorres Fapstronaut

I believe is because theyre too busy