1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Need advice on how to clear my mind of impure thoughts.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by TurtleBrah, May 20, 2018.

1. TurtleBrah

TurtleBrah Fapstronaut

Lately I'm not doing well.

I need some advice on how to keep a pure mind so I don't give in to urges.

2. K I’m not trying to be sarcastic here but I think this is 100% true:

You need to give up the idea of not thinking about the impure things. The more you think about not doing something the more you’ll end up thinking/doing it.

You need to fill your mind and time up with something better. Get so busy thinking and doing good things that eventually you don’t have time to think or do the bad.

I’ve been socializing more, writing, going to the gym, working more hours at my job, taking time to study stocks and the best way to invest in them, been going on trips, etc, etc.

I’ve been working on a new life that no longer has time for the impure.

Hope that helps.

Mirach and nomo like this.
  3. Vilayb

Vilayb Fapstronaut

When I have dirty thoughts I let it flow for a couple of seconds without doing anything and then I do something that catch my mind and try not to think about it anymore.

I think it's important to control yourself but allowing you to have dirty thoughts sometimes could be a good thing to do, relax a couple of second and do something else just after to occupied your mind instead of trying to fight against it.

zicozoma7 likes this.
  4. I would suggest you to look into mindfulness meditation. It has helped me personally tremendously. It takes a while to get good at it and notice results, so you need to be consistent with it, but once you do it's very powerful. It has been used by sages for thousands of years to deal with various issues of the mind. For this reason it might carry an stereotype that it is somehow religious practice, which is not true. It it simply a brain exercise tool the same way as jogging is exercise too for body. Check out this Ted talk, it gives a good idea of what's it about when it comes to philosophy. As far as practical side of it there is this awesome smartphone app called Headspace for guided meditations to get you started.

5. John Lee Smith

John Lee Smith Fapstronaut

It is long battle, life long battle.
    Don’t go into sexual fantasies.

6. What do you mean by impure thoughts?

7. kilometrico

kilometrico Fapstronaut

hey its normal if your body is not focus.

just hold on and remember this is a part of healing process.
    you will feel better okay after this phase.
    just dont give up

8. Max666

Max666 Fapstronaut

The best and most immediate method is the old cold shower. See, the problem isn't so much your thoughts but where the sexual energy is coming from and how that energy feeds your thoughts. Start at the source and learn to distribute that energy throughout the body rather than just in one area.