1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Tips on sleep

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Max666

Max666 Fapstronaut

You can reset your mind clock using meditation. Your mind goes through cycles of awareness through the day. It knows when to start getting sleepy and when to not but you can change it's perception of how your mind should feel by using triggers or markers, similarly to sleep therapy how they use light. If you get your mind to be at a meditative state at the same time every day say 4pm and then again at 10pm (and try to go to sleep when you normally do) you can then turn back the clock literally by changing that meditation time to 3pm, still meditate at 10 but by that time your mind should be sleepier. This worked for me.

Having said that the added testosterone in you is the root of the problem. Do you feel happier since you've gone nofap? Testosterone boosts Serotonin, this is most likely the reason you cant fall asleep..pretty had to wanna shut down when you're excited. But the meditation will alleviate the problem if done right.

2. VirilitySupreme

VirilitySupreme Fapstronaut

One supplement that has helped me IMMENSELY is Magnesium.

Make sure to get the Chelated one. I personally buy the one from the "Doctor's Best" brand and recommended it to all my friends.

It changed my life... It is my belief that everyone is deficient in Magnesium (it is heavily linked to Testosterone production).

In fact, Low-T has been linked to deficiencies of Magnesium, Vitamin D and Zinc.

Buy the supplement, you won't regret it :)

3. I'm a woman, so I'm not sure if my problem is Low T. But thanks. I don't think my sleeping issues were related at all to NoFap, because not everything in life is. It was just a weird period of time, but it seems to be passed now.

LEPAGE likes this.
  4. primaljade

primaljade Fapstronaut

I keep the same bed/wake time as consistent as possible, avoid any caffeine during the daytime, make sure I don't take naps. Keep a good exercise/diet routine. Write down everything I need to do the next day. Keep the environment good for sleeping (quiet, dark, cool) even if that means I have to sleep in a different room than my wife.

If all else fails, I'll take a melatonin, and will do a reverse psychology trick: Try and stay awake in bed as long as possible.

5. DR.LOThbrok

DR.LOThbrok Fapstronaut

I tried not using my phone in the dark. Working well fr me, and also don't drink coffee aft 2pm. Coffee is great tho, just limit it as it can inhibit sleep

6. _Xavier_

_Xavier_ Fapstronaut

I have a noisy mind at night too. I wake right up. Communicating how important sleep is to your health and functioning to your husband is a big part of this I think. His help on finding a solution would be really great for both of you I think.

What has helped me when I stay committed to it:
    • I use the Headspace meditation app and just set it for a 20 minute meditation (after the beginner sessions). If I need another I go again. His voice and the way he talks is pretty calming too.
    • Off of the phone/computer an hour before bed at least ideally. If you really must, turn the blue light off or enter night mode. My computer looks like an orange and black board. It simulates the sunset I suppose. Dim the lights in your home if you can a couple hours before bed or gradually turn them off. I prefer having little to no noise well before bed as well.
    • Reading in some yellowish orange light can help.
    • Soft classical music. The most stressful time in my life had me playing 3 hour sound clips of Mozart or Bethoven a night on youtube just to get some z's.
    • Avoid chocolate and other caffeine of course.
    • This may seem odd, but crying can be great for sleep. It releases stress and toxins through the tears. I bet there is some legitimate suffering that you have kept bottled up inside like me and probably most people on this forum and it deserves some mourning. I of course don't know anything really, but it is my guess.

I think you are probably aware of how childhood plays into the sleeplessness (fighting, yelling, crying, etc during nighttime hours) and want to avoid medication which I am glad about. Learning to release those feelings that shouldn't be on your shoulders in the first place will help.

If you can get connected with yourself, your past, and your "inner child" as he calls it, John Bradshaw videos can get you going. I want to point out that I'm not religious nor do I see this being as a particularly religious video despite being in a church setting.