1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Why are most songs about love?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by __zeXon__, May 25, 2018.

1. __zeXon__

__zeXon__ Fapstronaut

For real why does every singer have to sing/rap about love? There are so many other topics to sing about but literally 99% of songs are about love, why's that?

u376 likes this.
  2. Most of them aren’t even about love at all; they’re more about infatuation, lust, and erotic or romantic “love”.

3. Sardonic

Sardonic Fapstronaut

I'm one of those fools who interprets almost every song I hear to be about whoever I have a crush on at the time, but still I see where you're coming from. It is weird, but it happens.

4. Reverent

Reverent Fapstronaut

There are just as many songs about death/loss.

SilentJay313 likes this.
  5. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

even i was thinking the same thing.....few months back...
    not 99.......but 90% are about relationships and love......

6. How do you know they're actually about love? They might appear to be about love but they're actually might be about something else, like Sara Bareilles track Love Song isn't about love, it's about how her record label was wanting her to write a love song and she didn't want to... In fact, the lyrics might explain why there's a great number of love songs about.

Head under water
    And they tell me to breathe easy for a while
    The breathing gets harder, even I know that
    Made room for me but it's too soon to see
    If I'm happy in your hands
    I'm unusually hard to hold on to
    Blank stares at blank pages
    No easy way to say this
    You mean well, but you make this hard on me

I'm not gonna write you a love song
    Cause you asked for it
    Cause you need one, you see
    Cause you tell me it's
    Make or break in this
    If you're on your way
    I'm not gonna write you to stay
    If all you have is leaving I'm gonna need a better
    Reason to write you a love song today

I learned the hard way
    That they all say things you want to hear
    And my heavy heart sinks deep down under you and
    Your twisted words
    Your help just hurts
    You are not what I thought you were
    Hello to high and dry
    Convinced me to please you
    Made me think that I need this too
    I'm trying to let you hear me as I am

Cause you asked for it
    Cause you tell me it's
    Make or break in this
    If you're on your way
    If all you have is leaving I'm gonna need a better
    Reason to write you a love song today

Promise me that you'll leave the light on
    To help me see with daylight, my guide, gone
    Cause I believe there's a way you can love me
    Because I say

I won't write you a love song
    Cause you asked for it
    Cause you tell me it's make or break in this
    Is that why you wanted a love song
    Cause you asked for it
    Cause you tell me it's make or break in this
    If you're on your way
    If your heart is nowhere in it
    I don't want it for a minute
    Babe, I'll walk the seven seas when I believe that
    There's a reason to
    Write you a love song today

7. JakeWoods

JakeWoods Fapstronaut

Not all songs are about love. It just so happens that a lot of the popular songs are about love... so you hear them more often.

There’s plenty of hip hop songs that aren’t about love... Money, “bxtches”, cars, drugs...

Artists try to connect with their audiences to sell more. Just so happens that people can relate to love songs. As love is a big part of people’s lives.

8. Because being in love makes us want to sing.

9. __zeXon__

__zeXon__ Fapstronaut

I believe love songs are ruining the youngs. When i list news feed on FB literally everyone writes shit about love, posts selfies and quoting famous love songs. I mean it demotivates people. They'd likely chase partners than pursue success and dreams

10. yaaarp

yaaarp Fapstronaut

Because a) its a powerful emotion that can make us do all sorts of crazy shi*t, and b) its impossible to describe in a way that truly does it justice, so you can keep making songs about it without running out of ideas

11. These songs are more lust and codependency songs than they are love songs. Sex, lust and relationship drama make anything sell. The music industry is run by bean counters and corporate people so if it sells they won't deviate. Women buy more music than anyone so most of these love songs are targeted at them.

Deleted Account and MLMVSS like this.
  12. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Sex and survival are basic instincts, which involves love and death, respectively. Many people can connect to these topics.

13. Theguywiththething

Theguywiththething Fapstronaut

Serious inquiry then: Define love

14. “Love is mutual self-giving that ends in self-recovery.” —Fulton Sheen

Love literally requires a death to self which ends in the rebirth of a new unity with the one you love. In this true love is about sacrifice; it is the nitty gritty stuff you see in the SO section and you won’t hear any songs about that stuff because it’s not a packaged fantasy they can sell to you.

Deleted Account likes this.
  15. Theguywiththething

Theguywiththething Fapstronaut

This Fulton Sheen archbishop guy sounds like an interesting dude. I do take issue with one aspect of your definition

Love is not literally anything. The only thing love is is what we ascribe to it. None of us can see it, and we can only feel our own emotions, not other peoples'. We can only see love refracted, in art or in people's behavior. I don't think that the songs are any less about love than the nitty gritty. Those go hand in hand, which is what makes it so hard to understand. Everyone wants grand gestures, and no one wants to settle into a routine, but I think a life of grand gestures most people would agree is not what love is.

But it sure is easy to package that fantasy @zeXon. If most of the songs you'll listening to are about love, consider different music.

16. Because the feeling of romantic love is the most magnetic in nature compared all kinds of feelings. Most people at some point in their life fall in love. So its good for singers to sing about love because it sells.

Deleted Account likes this.
  17. Most people can relate. The one band I've grown up with, Three Days Grace, sings about relationships

18. A question for the ages. Never ending debate. A true mystery, which is to say you could contemplate, study, participate and observe it forever and never fully understand or define it completely.

Complete love have been described as containing three things. A lover, a beloved and the love between them. A perfect trinity.

That he was. A Saint to be sure....