1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling like you gotta piss but you don't, can't sit down, sit still

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by flute1, May 31, 2018.

1. flute1

flute1 Fapstronaut

Hey guys, i been on this journey since September 2016, haven't had any reboots since and don't plan to. But I've been dealing with physical issues that seem to get worse as time goes on. It's a feeling like I have to piss but I don't. This creates issues like not being able to sit down because it creates too much feeling down there, this can get really bad recently when I'm driving because you're sitting for a long time and have a seatbelt on, this leads me to driving very slow moving around in my seat in awkward positions, it felt very dangerous today and I finally have to share this issue. It's a feeling like I'm trapped sitting down, and I get to the point where wearing shoes/socks and even clothes feels incredibly restrictive.

Anyone go through anything similar? I get a sense that this is from not expending my energy to my potential which is ideal but not always practical when you spend most of the day having to sit down for work, driving, etc. Like singing in the car and using my voice has been able to help me but I can't always do that. I even have had tests in school last month where I literally had to have my pants unzipped and unbuttoned because I couldn't take the pressure from having to sit down for such a long time, causing me to move around in my chair constantly in awkward positions, having to walk outside the room multiple times to get more blood flowing to my legs, and just in general these feelings have added an immense amount of stress to my daily life and I'm just really annoyed about it. I was better at redirecting this energy in the previous year, perhaps I'm more conscious of my body but idk what do you guys think

2. theMotivator

theMotivator Fapstronaut

I experience something similar. I have worked in an office for almost 2 years (1 year since I stopped M). I sat on an office chair, but recently (2 months ago) I switched to a hard wooden chair. I just started leaking semen because of the pressure that the soft office chair made. My legs hurt a lot and it was really unpleasant. I thought I will leave the work.

Since I switched to a hard chair, the semen leakage was decreased by 90%. It's still hard to sit, but it is much easier than on a soft chair. I rarely sit on soft chairs now (the only soft chairs I sit on are on a bus - I drive 2 hours a day in total). I also usually go out for a walk each hour for 10 minutes.

I usually go to the toilet before bed, but I've noticed that in 30 minutes, after I read a book, sitting in my bed, it seems like I have to pee really hard. I go to the toilet, but really little amount comes out. I don't know why this happens.

3. flute1

flute1 Fapstronaut

That's interesting. I haven't noticed any difference with a soft chair or hard chair. In what way do your legs hurt? Is it just a very tense feeling or actual pain?

4. theMotivator

theMotivator Fapstronaut

Well when I was sitting on a soft chair, there was a pressure on my legs and pressure on my muscles that are located between testicles and anus (forgot how they are called). Also it made pressure on the bottom of my legs. I had a feeling of slow pain (so, I guess tense pain). It wasn't sharp, but like slow and torturing. Also, my knees were hurting, but they are still hurting a little because they are bent all the time.
    It may be that the soft chair was really cheap one and in 1 year it already had a cavity in the place where I sit.

Since I switched to hard chair my only pressure points are the sitting bones. It's not like I don't experience pain anymore, but it's more bearable than sitting in soft chair and not being able to adjust yourself.

Maybe it was just that my workplace (desk and chair) made a really bad combination and it was not ergonomic.

5. MarinoBigFan1984

MarinoBigFan1984 Fapstronaut

Sounds like a prostate issue.

6. flute1

flute1 Fapstronaut

is it something you think is serious and I should get checked out?

7. MarinoBigFan1984

MarinoBigFan1984 Fapstronaut

8. WreckTangle

WreckTangle Fapstronaut

I have no idea if it's serious or not, but if I had the same symptoms I would get it checked out. It's always better to be safe rather than sorry later.

9. Hey @flute1 ,

Your age in your profile says 24. That's a bit young to have issues with BPH (an enlarged prostate). You can google BPH and it gives some good sources (including WebMD and Mayo Clinic). That will give you more information on BPH.

I'm not a doctor or any kind of medical professional. So, please take what I say with that knowledge.

A feeling like you need to urinate, and one that is that is that urgent, should be consulted with your doctor. The odds are it's a benign (not harmful) condition that can be treated.

But, on the very remote possibility that it is something wrong - it should be treated. The other possibilities include a kidney stone that has move to your bladder (so, now it's a bladder stone). It might be blocking your urethra in the bladder making you not empty out when you void and then giving you an urgent feeling to urinate. The good news, a urologist could fix that quickly with a scope that simply removes the stone.

I don't know what is causing your problem - but, you do deserve to have a doctor look at it. Yes, the doctor most likely will do the dreaded prostate exam to see if it's enlarged. It's embarrassing and uncomfortable for a few seconds. It is worth it to find out what's wrong.

--> L

WreckTangle likes this.
  10. Matt81

Matt81 Fapstronaut

I have experienced problems exactly as you describe for four years. I agree with other comments that you should see your doctor to get it checked out.
    I have seen my doctor, a urologist, had bladder physio, been prescribed medication, had my prostrate checked, and even had invasive tests where a camera is passed down my urethra into my bladder. The conclusion was, there is nothing physically wrong.
    The urologist concluded my problems was related to stress and anxiety. The feeling of needing to pee all the time just adds to this and creates a viscous circle.
    Today I am on day 9 of my reboot process, I have a lot of stress at work at the moment and together I am convinced is the cause of my needing to pee symptoms being so bad the last couple of day.
    For last 18 months I have worked hard on treating my anxiety, which in turn has enabled my to manage my bladder problem. I have undertaken counselling, CBT, and sessions through the NHS to understand mental health and the triggers. All of this helped but didn’t really ever give me full control of my anxiety ~ I should add here I don’t believe anxiety can be cured, but you can learn to manage it.
    There was one thing that really made the difference. Hypnotherapy. Now I was the most sceptical of people over hypnotherapy but after discussing with my gp I decided what have I got to loose (other than money as it’s quite expensive). It really made the difference with my anxiety and actually my life. I had around 6 months of treatment, fortnightly to start with then every 4 weeks.
    As I mentioned at the start of this post I have been ecperiencing the bladder symptoms over the past couple of days. It’s true I get flare ups, but it usually only lasts up to a week before things settle down again.
    Hope this helps.

11. Hey @Matt81 ,

Sorry to here you haven't found relief. Stress is often what doctors say when they haven't found the problem.

I'd recommend trying again with another doctor. I know, it's difficult and frustrating. The good news is that your test results (including the cystoscopy) can be brought to the new doctor and most likely won't need to be repeated.

I've had this problem on and off for years. Like you I took medication that didn't help, had all the tests, IVP, cystoscopy, blood work, DRE, etc.

The first time around it turned out to be over the counter medication I was taking. I'd failed to list it on my medications list because it was over the counter.

So, that was solved. Then it happened again and it did turn out to be BPH.

You deserve a better answer than "it's stress". Just because they didn't find what was wrong doesn't mean something isn't wrong.

--> L

12. flute1

flute1 Fapstronaut

Thanks for the response. My mom is a doctor actually and she says it may just be anxiety and I also could be drinking too much water. I might be so used to the feeling that even when I'm not that hydrated I might think I have to go lol. Perhaps I'm just overestimating how much water I actually need? I like to sing/make music so I'm always trying to drink water to keep my voice hydrated, but before I started doing nofap I would never have an issue with the difficulty of control it feels like I have nowadays.

Deleted Account likes this.