1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What are your top irrational fears?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by MasterRoshi, Jun 4, 2018.

1. @Castielle people have fear of going broke and not being able to support their families, losing your job, your spouse leaving/cheating on you, God, death/afterlife, etc. These don't really effect you in a physical manner but are more than legitimate and rational

2. But the only reason it causes mental distress is because of my (irrational) fear. People who aren't afraid of spiders don't get any distress at all from one being near them.

But whatever, this isn't an important argument. I just disagree that it's arbitrary what is considered irrational.

MLMVSS likes this.
  3. Those things are clearly more rational than being afraid of a tiny bug. That's just common sense. There are tons of bad consequences to all of the things you've mentioned. There's literally zero possible consequence to being near a small, non-poisonous spider.

4. Well, those may not hurt you physically, but they do have serious consequences unlike spiders (non poisonous), a routine doctors visit or something like that. So, in a way they are in a different category. Just my opinion, to each his own.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2018
    MLMVSS and Deleted Account like this.
  5. Oh, i didnt see that castielle said basically the same thing. So...i agree with her.

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. My main fear is being held up, stabbed, or mugged when I'm out and about and sometimes even at home too. Spiders and any insect for that matter also make my anxiety skyrocket and so I try to make sure my place is bug free.

Trying not to worry about cancer and illness sucks as well but I suppose this stuff isn't super irrational though.

Moon Shot and MasterRoshi like this.
  7. Several years ago, I was afraid about dying a virgin.

MasterRoshi likes this.
  8. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

I fear Cheetos. The snack itself is not fearful, I just fear the fact that it gets all over your fingers and people lick it off. It makes my skin crawl whenever I see someone licking their fingers with Cheetos stuck on their fingers. I find it gross to lick your fingers like that, so that's why I fear them.

9. MasterRoshi

MasterRoshi Fapstronaut

No joke, I eat my Cheetos with chopsticks because I hate the cheeto fingers.

10. Lol XD

11. H
    Interesting!

12. I ended up with my phone being snatched and I caught the guy and then three others arrived to help him and I ran off like a coward with my phone and I don't know what else happened to them...
    Ever since that day, I am cautious in dark alleys... And I never keep my phone in my back pocket...
    Struggling to get it back, All I was worried about was a hidden knife on that guy... And he was all scrawny and his mates were also kinda malnourished or junkies... But I never waited to find out who's stronger... I just snatched it back, pushed him over and took off in the other direction...

13. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

When you say Hydrophobia, do you mean fear of being IN the water (like swimming, etc), or do you have a fear of just seeing water (rivers lakes, etc) in general?

u376 likes this.
  14. Hey, at least you got it back. A true coward would have let him have it.

15. Shapirro

Shapirro Banned

Oh, I'm very afraid of spiders too. But they after all happen different big and poisonous and it is just very unpleasant beings.

16. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Fear of swimming......(I don't know how to swim)

MLMVSS likes this.
  17. If I'm not carrying a purse I'll have my phone and stuff in my front trousers because it's tighter so it ends up being hard for people to steal from there, and I'm also almost always with my SO which means I can worry less. Still have a fear of someone trying to rob me though, that's why I always carry a spray just in case.

18. I wouldn't say it's a fear per sey of mine, but I do find it revolting when people lick each finger when they eat something that gets all over or is sticky. I try to eat everything with a fork and knife including wings unless they're not messy. :D

I heard people do that and that's a great idea, plus it would make you take longer to eat them so you can savour them a little more!

MasterRoshi likes this.
  19. I hate driving over tall bridges. It doesn't matter if they're over water or land.

20. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

-Social gatherings
    -Stuck in an elevator with a stranger
    -Small talk
    -Other introverts
    -calling people on the phone
    -asking people for things (would rather spend 2 hours looking for something at the mall than ask for help)
    -Having to exit a social gathering without being noticed.