1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking to change music taste, any ideas?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by ImReadyD151, Nov 22, 2014.

1. ImReadyD151

ImReadyD151 Fapstronaut

I am looking for a change of music to what I currently listen too. Mainstream rap, and yes All they talk is about Money and "Fucking Bitches". It can be very brainwashing and I'm looking for some new ideas of what to listen too. If you could give me some ideas below that would be appreciated.

2. Tbolt0001

Tbolt0001 Fapstronaut

I would check out "The Punch Brothers", They are a "new"-grass band, which is using traditional bluegrass instruments but singing and playing them with more of a "pop" sound (I probably used the wrong genre but whatev's lol). They do really good covers of "icarus smicarus" by Mclusky and then they do a cover of "Kid A" and "Morning Bell" by Radiohead... actually they do a lot of covers of radio head songs.

3. cras

cras Fapstronaut

I would love to help, but I would like something more to go on. Have any genres you like or are at least interested in?

4. TeddyBear

TeddyBear Guest

I have no basis for which to give you any recommendations if all you've listened to is rap. Are there any genres of music that may have interested you before ... or now? There are so many types of music out there it's hard to just give you examples.

5. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

Try out jazz, blues and funk. I like rap but a few years ago I started digging deeper and figuring out the original songs that were sampled in many songs. It turned out that alot of songs sample jazz, blues and funk.

6. I'm Done-No More

I'm Done-No More Fapstronaut

Hey dude, check out some old progressive rock such as Rush - 2112 or better yet Yes - Close To The Edge (no pun intended!)...I love 70's progressive rock!

7. iceman137

iceman137 Fapstronaut

Try something by Enigma, its a new age band, and they pop some nice tunes to calm you. Have you any interest in Deep house? Go for the slow bitrate ones, like 87bpm, or play the funky guys like Rocco or Stimming.

8. JonnyK

JonnyK Fapstronaut

Bro, you don't have to quit rap altogether! If you want great rap that's actually about real stuff and is clean of explicit content I highly recommend Lecrae. He does great rap about legit stuff. If you want a more mainstream feel try Andy Mineo. Also Try Trip Lee (my personal favorite), Canon, Social Club and Manafest. Hopsin is great, he does swear quite a bit (don't know if that's a problem) but has great messages.

[video=youtube;iqBBTm4Bh3k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqBBTm4Bh3k[/video]

Here's a list of great clean rap songs:
    -"Nuthin" by Lecrae
    -"You Can't Stop Me" by Andy Mineo
    -"Insomniac" by Trip Lee
    -"My Life" by Manafest
    -"Motivation" by Canon
    -"Lazarus" by Trip Lee

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014