1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I am going to be on a TV show

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by RobinCoenBrosFan, Jun 7, 2018.

1. RobinCoenBrosFan

RobinCoenBrosFan Fapstronaut

As an extra/background figure on the new season of the tv show “Crashing.” (we don’t get credit so you’ll never find out who I am haha) This was my first (paid) experience with that. It was such a very exciting experience, and could not have had this opportunity back in Michigan. I feel like the acting career is slowly but surely on its way!!

2. Soberhopeful

Soberhopeful Fapstronaut

Is it hard to be an extra? Can you get jobs as an extra? Sounds interesting.

3. RobinCoenBrosFan

RobinCoenBrosFan Fapstronaut

@Soberhopeful not really. But I would think that the least you would need is a professional headshot of yourself with your name on it to submit to a casting or talent agency. Once that happens, they contact you with jobs that they think you would be right for, via text/email. Sometimes filming takes a day, other times a few days, but these are usually short gigs (even if it were for a feature film I don’t think it would take that long). But once you go through these agencies, it will be paid work. Another factor is where you live, and if film crews are usually coming to that area for any particular reason (i.e., more jobs would show up in a metropolitan area such as London/Paris/New York/LA as opposed to Omaha Nebraska or some small village in the Latvian countryside, if you catch my drift.

4. Congrats! I hope you get more playing jobs in your career!

RobinCoenBrosFan likes this.
  5. Congrats!