1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Am I dead inside?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jun 7, 2018.

1. This question was asked by my friend today when we were having a chat about pets and then he told me a beautiful story he read in his childhood. It was about a pet dog and a kid. When he finished, I felt a sudden joy and happiness in my body. It was the most beautiful thing I heard in the whole week. Then he said,"Dude, I cried when I read this story but now I don't find such moving stories or moments. In fact, it's been a really long time since I last felt tears on my cheeks for something wonderful. Am I dead inside?"

My answer to him was this...

No, you are not dead. You are as alive as I am but you don't just see the world enough now. Like the dog & kid story you read was 15 years ago when you didn't have a phone or internet. You were enjoying life and it's beauty by being not just physically but emotionally involved. This has changed now. A famous filmmaker once said a very nice thing about movies which is applicable to our lives too. He said "You don't cry in a movie when something bad happens, you cry when things turn out to be more beautiful than you imagined it to be". If you loose your phones and tablets for the most part of the day then you'll realize that things do turn out more beautiful in real life. Like when they agree to be your life partner OR when your BFF achieves his dream OR when your kid chooses BATMAN over any other superhero ;) you feel like crying don't you? Well, I do.

Thank you guys for reading. Do share your thoughts and philosophies in comments.
    Cheers!

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Peter Pettigrew

Peter Pettigrew Fapstronaut

I feel kind of dead inside. I move between having love for my SO and then feeling numb. It makes me feel like something is broken. How can someone love someone one day and then not feel anything the next? And obviously I am ridden with guilt about it

3. Shapirro

Shapirro Banned

The author is absolutely right. Real life gives rich emotions and feelings. I was pleased to read your story.