1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm having hard time trusting people, maybe that's what I have a hard time trusting people/getting a

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by zxcv, May 26, 2018.

1. zxcv

zxcv Fapstronaut

I'm having hard time trusting people, maybe that's what I have a hard time trusting people/getting a girlfriend?

Like I was saying in another post, last Wednesday there was a sermon about suffering. Which kind of pissed me off since they were you saying that need friends to help you through those times. Which I don't have, and is the main reason for my suffering.
    I used to have friends or people I used to think were my friends. I was talking them about problems with girls too, but they were never really helping and even looking down on me saying that I'm not ready for a girlfriend yet. Eventually they got tired of trying to help me and they aren't my friends anymore. One of them was only my cousin.
    I don't know tried having other friends, but I never really felt like I belonged anywhere. Having friends for while but once the group or event ends, they go away. Even one time during this one church group where I starting to feel like it's safe to open up, I started opening up about my fear that I'll be alone forever and never get married. Then they were just yeah yeah we all deal with that. Being really dismissive of my fear. Really I even tried going to young adults paster about the problem and he wouldn't help me, though he did turn into a feminist and probably unfriended me on facebook for probably something stupid like, like the art of Force of Will. Something similar to that. Basically I've been dealing with rejection all my life so it's hard for someone like me to feel accepted.
    I mean there was another guy at my church that went through some dark depression where he didn't want to be around anyone, but he had this girls and other friends keep calling him and trying to reach out to him. But nobody is never like that with me.
    It seems like the concept of friends or a church family just pisses me off when hear about it, but that's never been my experience with people. In my experience, for most part they just don't give a crap. So it just pisses me off when I hear how friends are supposed to be there for you.
    Really it seems like God is bring this to my attention so I can deal with it, but I just don't know how to deal with it. The fear being alone forever and just not feeling accepted in general.

Bijuu107 and positivefunction like this.
  2. Zephon

Zephon Fapstronaut

I did the same mistakes: I thought in the past that my "old friends" were my true friends. After hearing about that they bitched the whole time about me I removed them from my friendlist. I had also to deal with people who begrudge me having a girlfriend. Such people are no true friends. I feel sorry for you, that one of these untrue friends was your cousin.
    Me too, I meet a lot of people on festivals. And later they break the contact for unknown reason. I have also still problems integrating into a special group but I have a few friends during the time. But I consider it as a journey: I meet new people and never see them again after that. Sad but true as my life.
    There are people outside, who will accept you. But you have also to do to yourself. After reading your post I think the problem is, that you are in a downward spiral. Don't think that you have problems, don't think that you are worthless. This video may help you:

And btw. forget the feminist, people like that are a bunch of idiots.
    I don't want to get too personal, but I never believe in God since the end of my school-time. It makes me depressed that He never helped me. So I took it on my own and felt better.

So I hope this can help you a little bit.

Potato93 likes this.
  3. Potato93

Potato93 Fapstronaut

Most of my true friends were people that were struggling with something and I reached out a hand to them. Therefore, a true friend is also a limited person (like everyone), and sometimes you cant expect them to say what you want to listen. I had a fight with one of my best friends 3 weeks ago but we are fine now, we just decided to not talk about some stuff we were fighting for no reason.

The easiest thing to do is to keep the relationship not needy, but being there for the moments the other person needs. That's the faster way to become close to anyone, embrace their faults and also be honest and true to yourself.

Bijuu107 likes this.
  4. zxcv

zxcv Fapstronaut

Now that I think about it, even with that main group of friends I was talking about. They were never going to me with their problems, so I really couldn't try to help them out. Maybe they never really were my friends if they never thought it was important enough to come to me with their problems. I remember directly telling them that they can come to me with their problems too.

5. Focus on improving yourself and making yourself better, you are your first source of happiness before others come so learn to love yourself since EVERYONE is lovely in their own way.

Most important, in life never expect too much from people (even friends) that mindset leads to too many disappointments.

6. Great advice, quick question, how do you segment your replies that way? (I am not very tech smart)

7. Zephon

Zephon Fapstronaut

If you mean how I quote and seperate them, I mark the text-part and then a little black message appears that allows me to quote or to reply on it. If you choose "quote" then it will be added to the quotes you have. In the post-editor you can choose the quotes you want.
    As you can see that is no big art ;)

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. Like this right?

Thanks! :-D

Zephon likes this.
  9. Shawwwn

Shawwwn Fapstronaut

wow reading this part made me real mad at these people. It's like they don't even take you seriously. In my opinion, they don't even deserve to be your friend since opening up to them about your troubles does no good.

10. positivefunction

positivefunction Fapstronaut

I'm having some similar problems lately. Everyone else seems to be living an amazing life making new friends, meeting girls, etc. But if I try something it backfires horribly. I'm also scared that I'll be forever alone. But I don't know what to do about it or how to deal with it either :(

11. I've had a "friend" frame me for something and then threatened to stab me. Another "friend" scam and rip me off, and got bullied at my first job at 15 which I eventually quit. So I get the mentality of Team "Fuck People". And heck maybe its better that way.
    I'd say cull those people, and work on yourself. Its rough being independent but it gains the respect of others and there is drama involved. And you may end up happier that way.