1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Any music producers out there.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Quiet warrior, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Quiet warrior

Quiet warrior Fapstronaut

I'm looking for someone who is from this NoFap community.
    I'm into music production. I've been doing it for 4 years, but my main problem was to find like-minded people with whom I can share my interest.

I use Ableton Live 9.5 and my main circle of interests is house music and bass music such as Dubstep or Trap.
    If you're also interested in it. Just let me know.

Youssif likes this.
  2. zeroeight

zeroeight Fapstronaut

I used to make music with a friend in Fruity Loops years ago and have been meaning to get back into it. I got myself a Maschine Mikro a little while ago but really haven't sat down and had a solid shot at making anything yet. Very keen to put something together one of these days though.

Quiet warrior likes this.
  3. Quiet warrior

What kind of music did you used to make?

4. zeroeight

zeroeight Fapstronaut

Hmm, hard to describe. It was a lot of messing around with looping guitars and drums and effects. Very experimental. Recently I've been trying to do a bit of hip hop but I'm keen to get into some more ambient stuff at some stage.

5. lion188

lion188 Fapstronaut

Hi,
    I'm a newbie producer , i didn't produce big things , i'm interested to discover your work , if you don't mind

6. Quiet warrior

I'd like to, but how we supposed to do that?

7. lion188

lion188 Fapstronaut

do you a have any link : like Soundcloud link or maybe Youtube ?
    Don't bother yourself if you can't :)

8. I had started practicing sometime back (FL/ML) but PMO/depression/and the hopelessness and lethargy that comes with it got in the way, it gets hard to get back because I associate that period with one of my heaviest relapse and depressed period. PMO is just the worst and a dream killer.

Youssif, Quiet warrior and zeroeight like this.
  9. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

I used Audacity once to cut a piece of music from an extended soundtrack from a show about Egyptian relics.

I'm not helping, I know.

10. lion188

lion188 Fapstronaut

Hi,

Nice idea, i'm not a professional , but with my little and small experience in audio production things , most of the people recommend FL Studio , me personally i think people use fl because is easy to use and also their is too many tutorials about alot of things...and yes i know you need to pay for getting the full version but it's worth it , and i think audacity is for crops small audios or to make small modification on you final work , i gone share with you a little trick i usually made but is not always successful but i don't handled really good because it's demand patience and time , for newbies like , you can download virtual dj and put a song you would like to remix on dock ( vinyles) and the program gone calculate the beat then you open fl and make your own sample , save it and go back to virtual dj and but the sample in the second dock and now you sync (is to match the beats between each other) and BOOM you can use loops, effects...etc and you can even save the thing during your remix for free.

I hope someone of you get the tips and do something better than me , :) because i'm a lazy person
    Cheers

Quiet warrior and LEPAGE like this.
  11. Quiet warrior

Deleted Account and lion188 like this.
  12. Quiet warrior

Every DAW has its own warping methods, so there is no need to use external programs to detect tempo of a track or loop.
    I think this website isn't the best place to share your techniques(I'm not trying to keep secrets, it's just inconvenient). My idea of starting this topic was to find like-minded people and start talking with them at least in DM.
    I have a lot of years of knowledge in this field, though I'm still thinking that I'm noob. There are so much things to learn in order to get proper skill.

13. lion188

lion188 Fapstronaut

14. Miguel Rocha

Miguel Rocha Fapstronaut

I love music and I would love to explore more the whole studio "thing" and music production. My favorite genre is Metal but I like many other ones. From Industrial, electronic to some pop also.

15. Quiet warrior

Genee
    Nope, it's called Future bass. It's a melodic side of Trap.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    Deleted Account likes this.
  16. Hi, I'm a producer too, though I'm not ready and too much of a perfectionist to make any of my tracks public. I use Renoise and make synthwave like music. Inspirations are artists like Code Electro and Meteor, the early 90s, romantic era classical music and melodic metal.

17. The first link with human electronic sounds is epic!
    I like the interlude of the lady laughing in the next too