1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Have the strength to be open

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Achilles132, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Achilles132

Achilles132 Fapstronaut

When you have the strength to be open, and proactively resist the urge to PMO by going out to a coffee shop or going on a walk you set yourself up to exist in a world of possibility where many good things can happen. New thoughts come in. In short, you expand. You begin to seek out human connection more fervently and in doing so you develop yourself more consciously, paying attention to your looks and style, career and more... When you resist PMO by positing yourself against it you will dissolve and eventually break.

Immanuel Kant said this in regards to M, "Masturbation is in some ways a worse vice than the horror of murdering oneself, and 'debases the mastubator below the beasts."

Another translation, "masturbation is worse than suicide" Why? Because from my understanding, a strong personality is developed from the desire and need to associate with others. Masturbation is like pulling the plug on a raft all the life-force or air in this case rushes out and the raft becomes useless and cannot fulfill its purpose. The individual lacks that intrinsic urge to communicate and connect with the world because he has fulfilled himself in the easiest way possible. And when this guy goes out to try and be social, he often finds himself on the outskirt of every social interaction, subconsciously pushed to the wayside by others because he lacks all signs of physical and spiritual vitality. However, because empathy exists, which is a beautiful thing, you still are able to connect with people and know that even if you mess up occasionally you still have value simply by existing. But from my experience in the past when I would PMO, I would often find myself more isolated and then use my ego to lie to myself and say that I don't want to talk to 'these people anyways.' In contrast, when you have the self discipline to not partake in PMO, your existence becomes stronger and more vibrant and you simply attract more attention because of your different nature. In short, you have more power inside of you. It's your job in this life to use that power in a productive way.

2. j_pwc_bat

j_pwc_bat Fapstronaut

CONGRATZ ON 11 DAYS !!!

Good point. It's beneficial to be sociable .... and the longer we don't do pmo .... the more fears dissipate-dissolve ... and it gets easier & easier -- and more enjoyable to be sociable. (You're calm and at peace ... and strong .... so it is easy to interact with anybody ....... anytime.)