1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

She stood me up. Should I offer to go to another date with her?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Young Change, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Young Change

Young Change Fapstronaut

So there is this girl we study together in university. Yesterday she stood me up on a date stating she won't be able to come because she's on a meeting about a job that she was informed to go on the same day. Should I offer to make another date with her or should I look for other girls? Please respond if you are reading this. Don't just view without sharing your views. I'll appreciate any advice.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    Sage99 likes this.
  2. JakeWoods

JakeWoods Fapstronaut

It depends. Was you already at the location waiting for her, and then she told you she wasn’t coming? Or did she let you know beforehand that she wouldn’t be able to make it. Is she let you know ahead of time, then that’s a good sign. If she didn’t tell you until it was too late, then that shows a lack of interest on her part and if she’s being rude now, don’t expect it to improve.

If however she genuinely did have a meeting, that’s not her fault, of course she is going to prioritise a potential job over a date. If this is the case, then ask her out again.

If you ask again and she gives you another excuse, you can be sure that she isn’t interested. Get another girl.

Dizzy Lotus, TC10, Hitto and 2 others like this.
  3. Sage99

Sage99 Fapstronaut

Hello friend,understand that the she was busy with the meeting.I dont know why she told you go on a date with her on the day where she had a meeting to attend.Ask her that why did not she inform you earlier that she had this meeting and that you were waiting for her.And dont immediately start looking for a new girl.Give time for cherishing a new relationship,be patient.Share your experience with her,share your thoughts and also receive the same from her,get to know each other well,be good friends to each other.I guess these are the backbone of a relationship and please give time for everything enjoy those little moments.Be Happy☺

Dizzy Lotus and kelvin muema like this.
  4. Young Change

Young Change Fapstronaut

Thanks. I'll call her tommorrow to sheule for another date

5. Young Change

Young Change Fapstronaut

Thanks. I'll be patient. I'll call her tomorrow to set another date.

Hetr and Sage99 like this.
  6. Sage99

Sage99 Fapstronaut

Yeah cool

kelvin muema likes this.
  7. ukbritishbloke

ukbritishbloke Fapstronaut

If she told you in advance she couldn't come because of the job interview, then she didn't "stand you up" at all. Being stood up is where you're literally at the bar waiting, and she never arrives.

Get in touch with her to set a new date, and ask her how the interview went.

Dizzy Lotus likes this.
  8. Dizzy Lotus

Dizzy Lotus Fapstronaut

Some great advice, wonderful. [​IMG]

9. Why are you offering another day IF SHE WAS REALLY INTERESTED SHE WOULD OFFER ANOTHER TIME AND PLACE. Look for other girls, I have been down this road many times if she was really interested SHE would offer another time since she was the one that broke the date ,in the mean time VALUE YOUR TIME MOVE ON

10. STAR DUST

STAR DUST Fapstronaut

No only if she wants to come to you. At your place to visit

11. mgz069

mgz069 Fapstronaut

You should NOT make another date for her and should NOT even think about texting her again!
    It was her choice to cancel and re-schedule if she wants another date.
    Keep your dignity and self-respect and never text her again! If she wants she will find you.
    Every attempt to "get" a woman to like you, is making you look more weak and needy.

12. Air0

Air0 Fapstronaut

what happened?