1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

working out

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Rocketman10, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Rocketman10

Rocketman10 Fapstronaut

A gym called me and left a message bout joining.Its been a long time since i went to a gym to work out.This question is geared at the guys on here.what is proper work out gear these days.Im thinking a tee shirt but is it sweat pants or gym shorts? Also do guys wear any thing under the gym shorts. like just a pair of briefs or is it a jock strap or even a cup? Dont know if its proper to ask the membership guy this.

2. There's really no proper gym gear. Just wear what you feel comfortable in. Shorts or sweats and a t-shirt are fine. I stopped trying to follow the latest gym trends long ago. I've been wearing the same warmup pants for like ten years now. I'd skip the cup though.

drac16, Deleted Account and BlueEye like this.
  3. BlueEye

BlueEye Fapstronaut

This guy is right.

If you go the gym just to look cool then okay, care about what you wear.

If not, just wear something that makes you feel confortable, that makes you feel well. You're supposed to like crap when you're training ahah, making angry face and sweat a lot.

I do wear a 10$ pair of shoes, a 10$ jogging pant and a 10$ shirt that makes me feel/looks like a guy with big arms that also wear outside the gym (once it's clean hu). I will never paid expensive things just to sweat in it and enlarge by lifting weight.

4. pankeas

pankeas Fapstronaut

Like what everyone else is saying on here wear what you comfortable with. I wear a t-shirt and gym shorts and I prefer to wear boxer briefs so that they don't ride up while working out

EthanW. likes this.
  5. Rocketman10

Rocketman10 Fapstronaut

these comments are all great. gives me a general ideal. think my biggest thing was if a jock strap is needed. been a long time since i wore one.

pankeas likes this.
  6. I use long running shorts. Especially for aerobic things like treadmill. They have a liner. I’m an old guy too but no jock strap for me. Oh, and I don’t do cotton tee shirts as they get too wet from the sweat. I use more tech type shirt. You can get them cheap at TJ Max, Marshal’s type store.