1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Why can't I get a GF? Any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Namekian23, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

This has been bothering me for quite a while. One of the things that gets me frustrated is not being able to get a girlfriend. I live in a city in New Hampshire where the vast majority of the population is Caucasians. There is some diversity, but very little. The Asian population is the smallest, which is where I'm at. All my life, I've been seeing people with their own kind and it was rare to see anyone together that had a different ethnicity. All the other Asian women have boyfriends, so what's left? I like all girls from different races and I've interacted with many of them, but it's so hard to have a girlfriend in a place with very little diversity. I just don't have enough confidence yet to get a white girlfriend or any other girl with a different ethnicity which is rare. Any thoughts? I'm just thinking about moving to a different place.

2. SirCynicalMess

SirCynicalMess Fapstronaut

Wait wait wait waaaaiiiittt--are you seriously saying that you only feel confident when approaching other Asians? No offense, but based on what you wrote, I would guess that you are unconfident overall and are only assuming that you would fare better with Asian women since that appearance is what you're most familiar with.

Am I wrong?

Do a lot of things to boost your confidence! Nofap is obviously a huge part of being confident and approachable, but develop hobbies, exercise and practice sincerely talking to people. Finally, work on the racial assumptions. Before I became addicted to PMO, I had girlfriends of a few ethnicities because I was confident and well-rounded. Good luck :)

Recovering PA and Woodcutter74 like this.
  3. Just wait for couple of days so your libido starts to jump off. Trust me, interracial dating is completely fine .. Girls are not defined by their race. Just be patient no need to rush your libido needs some time to tell you that you are ready :)

4. KoalaDude

KoalaDude Fapstronaut

To me this issue has been a rather simple one than we make it out to be.

I used to always ask: is something wrong with me? why won't any girls pay attention to me? The tough answer is that YES in fact there is something wrong with you, and girls won't pay attention because there's nothing to pay attention to.

Harsh as this may sound, accepting that will be the fastest way for you to grow and overcome this issue.
    I don't currently have a girlfriend, and I'd like to, but I'm honestly not bothered. Because I understand the game, and I'm well on my way.
    I get plenty of attention when I want from females, but getting a steady is another story.

So ask yourself: Am I in a secure mental state to take care or be a friend with another? Do I have the means to provide (for taking a girl out to dates and so on.)? Do I have a vehicle to do the activities that I want? Do I have a secure future that will grant me some sort of financial security? Do I have a place to live that can accommodate another? Am I an upstanding citizen in my social community?

I know it's a lot. But I guarantee you if you have at least 3 of these things checked out you will have a girlfriend. I have never seen somebody who has all these questions checked but still lack a partner despite wanting one.

There was a time when I used to look up on the internet on how to be confident and I devoured every article. But none of them worked. The reason was simple: I had nothing to be confident about.
    There's people who claim that confidence is just a mind set and that all you need to do is simply BE CONFIDENT.

Well let me tell you, confidence is something that is built, it's not some kind of switch. So go and build something of yourself. Make things that you can be confident about. Being free of PMO is one of them. Just think about having control over your urges and to delay satisfaction. That is badass, and that is something you can be confident about.

5. Oldham

Oldham Fapstronaut

The question "Why can't I get a GF?" sounds as if you feel entitled to have a girlfriend.
    Better to ask 'What am I doing to work on myself? Am I doing things so that meeting girls who are interested in me comes natural?'
    If we put all the focus on getting a GF when we do meet an interested girl we will suffocate her with our neediness and turn her off.

Kenzi likes this.
  6. Vision

Vision Fapstronaut

I like the answers.

In sum: you should not try to feel like a man but truly become one.

7. I think you should work on yorself and when your'e done,write down all the qualities you want in a girlfriend and all the things you dont want in a gf.Then narrow it down to 10,that way you wont just be looking for just a gf,you would be looking for youre ideal woman.From there you go to a mall,or a social place,you just start going up to random women and start a convo get them to laugh,etc.Get their number,repeat a couple times.That way you can naturally build confindence.

I dont know if this can work for you but it worked for me good luck dude.

8. LunatiXii

LunatiXii Fapstronaut

I think that you should stop looking for girlfriend. AND start working yourself. start training, joking, learn something new (playing guitar,etc)
    I had this same problem and i still have. Feeling of being alone is painful. That rage that builds up inside when you see happy couple walking down the street.
    Concentrate what you want to become. AND really do that.
    Just focus what you need now, and what you need is to stop thinking about girls. Because what Koaladude said is so true.
    Concentrate healing yourself mentally and physically. And then someday somehow you will find that ONE and only girl for you.

9. notouchee

notouchee Fapstronaut

I agree with most of what is said here about working on yourself, but would like to add one more thing: find an activity you like that is exciting, and gets your blood pumping. The reason women seem to like "bad boys" so much is that they seem more exciting than "Joe Ninetofive." I don't know what you have available to you in New Hampshire, but Obstacle Racing, Tough Mudder, Spartan Race, etc. is fun and exciting and is something that many women like to participate in, too. Ideally it would be something exciting you can both do.

10. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

I understand. During the last 3 years, I have suffered a lot of down falls physically, mentally, and emotionally. You don't even want to know the hell I've been through. Like Oldham said, I was needy, so I wanted someone to take care of me. Unfortunately, no one wanted to deal with my pain. Right now, I'm starting to become a completely person; the old me was very negative. I'll listen to your advice and everyone else. I don't mind your constructive criticism, so thanks.

Woodcutter74 and Nugget9 like this.
  11. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

I get your point. I really need to find myself before I find another girl. Like I told KoalaDude, I've dealt with a lot of pain. But now that the nightmare is over, a dream is to begin. Don't worry about me. I have a lot of good things going on for me right now, so a girl can come later. :)

Woodcutter74 likes this.
  12. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

This reply was for KoalaDude. But thanks everyone else for your advice and well as criticism. I have a few other important things I want to focus on and they are pretty positive. I'll find the right one when the time comes. Thank you all!

13. CountryDude

CountryDude Fapstronaut

Nothing attracts a women more than confidence. You gotta get it!

14. Isaacvipin

Isaacvipin Fapstronaut

All men can have girlfriends but it’s rare when you meet a woman of your desires. I meet many women who are interested in me but they don’t turn me on and those who turn me on are not interested in me. That’s the case with men who are without girlfriend

kingpietro and Namekian23 like this.
  15. Regent

Regent Fapstronaut

^this topic is 4 years old so its pretty random to post now

might as well ask for an update on this situation namekian23?

Namekian23 likes this.
  16. Unjustfailure

Unjustfailure Fapstronaut

It doesn't matter where the other is from...
    It's just your physical and phychological energy
    I would suggest taking dance lesson or whatever has to do with social interaction.

Namekian23 likes this.
  17. primaljade

primaljade Fapstronaut

Do parental expectations play any role in your dating perspective?

Namekian23 and Kenzi like this.

18. In terms of relationships, once you stop looking, the right one will come.

I understand why people in NoFap (including myself) want a girlfriend so bad. But remember just because a girl wants to date you doesn’t mean she’s the right one or good for you.

Anyways, good luck, but you should take this time out to continue to work on yourself, and eventually a good girl will notice and things will progress from there.

Namekian23 and Hitto like this.
  19. Be confident, and make your intentions clear. Don't just do small chat ask them for their number if their interested call them setting up a place to hook up.

Namekian23 likes this.
  20. Regent

Regent Fapstronaut

......so....any update yet?