1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A Thread for Coffee

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Soren K., Feb 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. dvstorm

dvstorm Fapstronaut

Heh, I don't even know what those are. OK I'll do some research. Thanks for this post, points to where I should go in regards to enjoying more and better flavors of coffee.

Soren K. likes this.
  2. Coffee makes me anxious so I prefer tea. Black, green, white idc. I drink like 5 cups a day.

Headspace and Soren K. like this.
  3. Love coffee. I start the day the same as my Nonno did. I use a Bialetti machina and Medaglia d’ Oro coffee. Only b/c it’s the kind he used. It’s not the best but keeps me connected to his memory. The rest of the day I use Starbucks espresso roast, whole beans and grind them then drink it black throughout the day. I’m retired.

Soren K. likes this.
  4. Soren K.

Soren K. Fapstronaut

Is that the Bialetti Moka pot that you're talking about? You can actually get a pretty solid cup of coffee out of that machine! I learned that I was making a few mistakes while brewing it after watching a few tutorial videos on proper brewing methods. :)

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. Yes. I like it a lot.

Soren K. likes this.
  6. I like coffee cake but don't like the drink.

7. Rockyroad

Rockyroad Fapstronaut

I drink a few cups each day, every day. I am used to picking up a cup of Dunkin' Donuts coffee on my daily walk to work in downtown Chicago. Whether ordering coffee from there or numerous other places in the region, I generally order black coffee with a tiny bit of sugar. In terms of sugar intact, a packet of sugar would be enough for 6 or more cups of coffee. Now, everything changes when pumpkin spice lattes are in season!!!

Deleted Account and Soren K. like this.
  8. tweeby

tweeby Banned

I drink tea generally, but coffee I need sugar to take the edge off. The best kinda coffee is the percolated ones with a dollop of full cream milk IMO.

9. In a perfect world double espresso, a dash of cream, two suger cubes on a porch watching rain in Portland OR with a Dunhill burning slowly between my fingers.

In reality, no cigarette (because I quit 7 years ago) and whatever is convienent and cheap.

Soren K. likes this.
  10. ukbritishbloke

ukbritishbloke Fapstronaut

I love coffee, and have tried most of the methods you have. In the past I was a big Bialetti moka guy, but I'm less into espresso than I used to be. I'm not a great fan of those "French press" cafetieres, they're simple but I've always felt make unnecessarily dirty, "buzzy", watery coffee. I don't think you can beat a good black filter coffee (what you call a pourover). I much prefer that to an Americano.

My most recent thing is cold brew. I think that's great.

11. Beekay148

Beekay148 Fapstronaut

Not really a fan of Coffee but is it advisable to start? I know of some people who can't function till they drink Coffee in the morning. So i'm wondering if it helps to boost your energy throughout the day or something

12. Grrreeeennnnn Teeeeeeaaaaaaa

13. Soren K.

Soren K. Fapstronaut

I'd advise that it's never too late to start! I just have one cup a day so that my body isn't dependent on the caffeine.

UPDATE: I just started roasting my own beans with a popcorn popper! I buy the green beans online and roast them :)

14. DanyOs

DanyOs New Fapstronaut

I think that there is no big difference between the coffee you grind by yourself and those you buy in packs. To tell the truth, they are the same, all just depends depend on each person. For example, someone likes to grind natural coffee beans with a handmill by himself and they are sure that than coffee has a special smell, and they get high of the process. Others prefer an automatized technique that makes it fast and they don't spend the effort on grinding. In the end, there are people like me who simply buy decaf ground coffee from crazycoffeecrave.com and also without any doubts they drink a good coffee and get pleasure from the drink, spending on preparing it minimal time.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  15. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Another vote for the Bialetti Moka pot here :) I have one first thing every morning with a tiny hint of milk, just to take the edge off. Not got into home roasting or even grinding (yet), and I must admit when I open a fresh pack of coffee every ~2 weeks it's a lot stronger than the end of the last pack! But it's really about seeking the best possible quality while also being as fast as 'instant' coffee, so the Bialetti works for me.

I have worked at a coffee shop so I know a little about 'proper' coffee. Sadly lockdown has prevented me visiting my favourite coffee shops for a while - and I worry whether they will still be open at the end of all this. Has saved me a bit of money though :)

I'm down to one small coffee a day apart from very rare occasions, when I might make myself a big milky cappuccino as a treat.

16. Store bought coffee, any brand or flavor, maybe two cups a week. I let it get cold halfway through and pour the rest out.