1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I just cried

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Valon2k6, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Valon2k6

Valon2k6 Fapstronaut

Hi!

After many years I actually just cried. This was my relapse day. I just came yesterday from relatives, where we celebrated midsummer. I had a 10 day nofap streak. When I came home, I kinda disrespectfully to myself broke that streak and after that I just broke down to tears. I was ashamed of what I had done to myself and to my life. Right now being lonely is really hard. I saw many happy faces in midsummer celebrations and Im just screwing up myself. I hate, what Im doing to myself. I hate the way, I disrespect and humiliate myself and my life. I dont want a life like this. I hope these emotions are just temporary and I dont fall into some severe depression and self destructive thoughts.

2. moonesque

moonesque Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Emotions are temporary, they come from us and our thoughts. You can get back to ten days and beyond, but it has to be your choice. Accept and acknowledge that your emotions are real, but they are not you. You are You, and you make life yours with your actions, choices. We can learn from them, it will be okay as you can choose to make the right choices.

3. Markant

Markant Fapstronaut

I personally wouldn't see your negative emotions towards PMO and self destructive behavior as something negative. You can use them to give you strenght to actually change your life. It just shows that you still care and want to do something with your life.

In my past I had a point in which I stopped having negative feelings towards PMO and just did whatever I wanted, leading to more risky behavior and some very bad moments in my life. Keep fighting and use the memories of these bad emotions the next time you become horny. Ask yourself "Do I really want to have all these emotions again just for some minutes of sexual gratification?" and use it as a weapon.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. JJackson

JJackson Fapstronaut

Don't beat yourself up, that'll make u relapse more. Just keep going and going, fuck the whole day counting thing. The urges u fought during those 10 days were progress, its not all just gone. Keep pushing, thats all that matters.

You can read this response I gave someone earlier, kinda applies to u as well.
    https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/is-this-a-relaspe.180011/#post-1533428

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. What you said here works! I can confirm!

Valon2k6, JJackson and Markant like this.
  6. determined488

determined488 Fapstronaut

Hey at least you can cry and let your emotions out, I cannot as I always have someone home that can hear and bother me even more by asking what is wrong. Sometimes as a man you have to let it out and let it go in order to move on. Unfortunately I need to find a place away from home to release these bottled up memories of pain and rejection from my past relationships.