1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A quick question about your usernames

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by BlackVelvet, Nov 15, 2014.

1. IGY

IGY Guest

Doesn't make any difference what you call yourself.

2. Squeaky Soul

Squeaky Soul Fapstronaut

Like, what do you mean?

~Squeaky Soul

3. NoBrainer

NoBrainer Distinguished Fapstronaut

I think he means that you will still be YOU, regardless of what you call yourself on an online forum.

4. BlackVelvet

BlackVelvet Fapstronaut

Sure thing Mr. Freedom flight! I grew up in a Christian household and I was taught that “The Man Upstairs" and all the angels are always watching. To make myself stop I often told myself that even if I was alone in my room, the angels were watching me go to work. Thus, my name: Nofap AngelAce.
    P.S I thought it sounded cool!

5. adriatik28

adriatik28 Fapstronaut

Interesting thread. Mine comes from a mix of my own name and the European sea. I just changed the last letter to "K" to add a Greek element. I have a thing for world mythologies, and I just found some way to play around with my name.

28 is the age I started here in nofap.

The catch is, I'm Asian. I'm literally time zones away from a lot of you fellows. :)

6. Ashkin

Ashkin Fapstronaut

My user name is an name I made up for an character I made in an MMORPG back in late 2005. The name represented my character who was an older gentleman with gray hair in an pony tail. He represented wisdom, justice, and defender of the people. Sounds corny I know but he grew on me and I stuck with him since. In an way he projected how I felt about things. It is an personal name I hold close to heart. It has been associated with people I met that has moved on and even passed. The name is just really personal to me.

7. IGY

IGY Guest

Correct! You can call yourself Squeaky Soul. But it does not alter the reality, if you edge while watching dirty videos.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2014
  8. ADC

ADC Fapstronaut

Comes from a famous rock band, I guess you know which one :)

9. Squeaky Soul

Squeaky Soul Fapstronaut

Oh, ok. I understand now ;)

~Squeaky Soul

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  10. NoBrainer

NoBrainer Distinguished Fapstronaut

Cool username Squeaky Soul! :)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  11. Fapatosaurus

Fapatosaurus Fapstronaut

Fapatosaurus is a play on Apatosaurus. I'd like to see my addictions die off like the dinosaurs did. :)

12. death, doom and sludge metal

"Heavy metal represents a brave and inquisitive spirit diving into the unknown to find meaning and beauty. It challenges dogma and stasis and rejects conformity and inaction. Its very foundations are based in horror, grim Nietzschean realism, darkness, and the occult. Instead of fearing these dark forces metal admires them a necessary aspect of a full and intense life."

13. We're still long way from home.
    It's just a meaning that not the destination is our goal, but the journey, that is the most important part of our life.

14. NamelessJohn

NamelessJohn Fapstronaut

Well my current name came from NamelessDude. Then I reached 'hero" rank on a site and a mod decided to change it to NamelessHero and it kinda stuck. And then people started a rumor on that site that my real name was John (it's not) so then I became NamelessJohn. No special meaning, I just kinda chose it for no reason.

15. Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray Fapstronaut

my name is Dorian Grey my name symbolizes lust, the throw of all thing willpower and the borderline of strength and weakness. through the painting that keeps him immortal also gives him ever lasting youth and beauty, while the painting of dorian takes all the abuse his body receives, waiting for the day to unleash it upon his poor soul ending his life in the process.

16. RomanRebel

RomanRebel Fapstronaut

My name symbolizes the iron will that I wish to have. As a Latin scholar, Mucius Scaevola's example of an iron will struck out to me. Also, this is my reddit name.

17. FutureGuitarGod

FutureGuitarGod Banned by User Request

It started out as AwesomenessPrime, but I changed it to remind me of my goal to learn how to play guitar. I don't want to simply be a guy that knows how to play - I want to be successful.

18. I'm.... uncreative :( Username = real name.

19. Abdulrahman99

Abdulrahman99 Fapstronaut

my first name and my year of birth, nothing special

20. Fight with honor

Fight with honor Fapstronaut

Fight with honor to me means that I am doing what is morally right. It is the correct and decent thing to do.