1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A cure for loneliness

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Most of you won't like what I have to say...

But whatever. Kiss my ass lol.

A friend of mine, who is a good height, a decent build... Just an overall decent looking normal guy. He's 28-29. Never been fucked.
    Ok. For years and year he was angry and resentful. He didn't feel normal. Makes sense.
    He ended up going to school, getting a good job bought a car bought a condo. Makes over 100k a year.
    He goes to the gym, he has hobbies, he enjoys movies and shows and all kinds of stuff.
    Guess what. He's content. He's happier than most of the guys I know with gfs, wives, and families tbh.
    Grass isn't always greener. Instead of feeling lonely take the time to go out and do something.
    Being in a room with someone doesn't make you happy.

P-Free, spaces, Karimtolstoi and 3 others like this.
  2. r8js

r8js Fapstronaut

Nicely said being in a room with someone doesnot make u happy.

3. Thank you @WayIare, I really needed to read something like what you wrote. Thank you, really.

4. Karimtolstoi

Karimtolstoi Fapstronaut

I couldn't agree more with you that you can be happy without necessarily having a partner because all the process happens in your brain so you can control it. I think people who feel lonenly should find out how to become the best version of themeselves rather than blaming themeselves for being lonely because by doing so it leads you nowhere.

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. You have to love yourself and accept yourself and see your self as unique if your looking for others to do that your in for a tough time

6. Also think of it this way.

If you wrote in a dating profile that you enjoyed your job, watching movies, playing sports, taking classes on things, spending time with your family

Or

I'm really lonely and just want a girlfriend

Who would get more responses? If you've got nothing going on... Who the fucks gonna wanna get on with you???

7. I think the real problem with Option 2 is, even though it is honest, it is the exact opposite of why one should entertain a relationship, it should not be about "I want I want" it shouldn't be an attempt to fill a void, it should be something that complements a person's whole self.

I have extremely difficult bouts with loneliness, and it's kept me in a real rut for over a few months, fueling my deepest and lowest regretful falls.
    But at the same time, I have plenty of examples around me to cite how having anyone new in my life wouldn't fix things.
    It'd just be a distraction and when that person leaves or when the initial high and novelty of getting to know them passes, which it will given that it's a relationship based on a selfish want. We're back on square one,
    But now we'd have the added guilt and burden of screwing up someone else's life alongwith our own.

Tl;dr , It is good to be on our own, it is the opportunity to thoroughly unfuck ourselves.