1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What keeps you busy?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by AutumnPeace, Apr 23, 2018.

1. AutumnPeace

AutumnPeace Fapstronaut

I understand our ability to focus on things that require effort is not always the same. This is at least my case. I can't go read or study something anytime I want to. I get distracted feel unmotivated etc. Yet still there are things I can do to keep myself busy and therefore away from doing what apes in the jungle do when they have got enough food and free time namely sex.

The most basic thing is video games. I love playing battle of polytopia on my phone.

The second thing is the internet. Stumbleupon, youtube etc.

The third thing... There is no third thing.

I have very low endurance for studying learning things. I can hardly read a comedy novel more than 20 minutes.

Sports maybe but too much effort. Leave the house take public transport go to the gym ignore the weird shit atmosphere and try workout
    miserably

Have you got any thoughts observations about the dynamics of your inner force that allows you to do valuable work. Like learning something I don't know.

I'm unemployed and totally floating with no destination for the last couple of months.

I broke my computer and can't afford a new one for now so that's not happening.

I could do millions of things. But unfortunately most of the time almost ever I don't feel like doing anything.

How do you keep yourself busy?

2. Learn to fix computers. :D

I dunno, get a pad and pencil and write down what you're interested in. See where that takes you. If one of those things is drawing or writing, then use the rest of the pad and pencil for that.

Depends where you live, your situation, and what kind of person you are. I rarely get bored so I find it a bit hard to relate.

AutumnPeace likes this.
  3. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

I think I have the same problems as well as many other guys here.
    Do you know how the drugs works? They release large amount of hormones dopamine, serationine, etc, and the way how the brain copes with this high levels is that it decrease number of receptors for these hormones since it become overflown by it and as a result you still need a stronger dose to feel high due to less receptors. Natural activities that release this hormones naturally are not strong enough for your decreased receptors and you are not motivated to do that, the only thing that can give you more dopamine and motivate you are stronger doses and that's only thing you care about.

Same happened to you.
    Number one dopamine release activity is sex/masturbation. Number 2 is acompliesment in computer/smartphone games. Number 3 is constant searching for novel information on internet facebook/9gag/youtube/nofap/news etc.
    You have overflown your dopamine receptors so much that they needed to be significantly reduced and now natural activities like talking with people, reading, studing, working doesnt motivate you because you brain is used to much higher levels of dopamine (higher dose).

The key is to decrease dopamine level in your brain so your receptors can start to rebuild and then natural activities start to motivate you again.
    Read this thread that is dealing with it, you might learn something (https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/dopamine-receptor-regeneration.166397/)

Bhara and AutumnPeace like this.
  4. Tamás

Tamás Fapstronaut

If you ignore this little thing, you can do whatever you want.

5. I stay busy with reading, writing, drawing, playing piano, or focusing on school work. The last one I have the most difficulty with. I've been trying to study to get a GED so I can get out of school sooner but I have a hard time consistently focusing with school unlike my other hobbies which I can just naturally focus on once I'm ready.

6. Adam smithsonian30

Adam smithsonian30 Fapstronaut

read ,i read a lot in this past weeks ,it feels great you should try it ,read something that make you interested instead study books.

7. tweeby

tweeby Banned

8. how I keep busy well here are some
    1. I workout
    2 I read books
    3. I keep my house clean
    4. meditate
    5. go for a walk
    6 listen to music
    7 watch comedy movies

u376 likes this.
  9. A nice cold shower to start the day!