1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I should just stay off of dating apps altogether

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Deleted Account, Jul 3, 2018.

1. I rejoined OKCupid a few months ago just to get myself out there again. I make my profile look good, and I get likes every once in a while, and I send a few messages out myself. Nobody responds or they just block me. It really is a mood killer.

2. ukbritishbloke

ukbritishbloke Fapstronaut

Fair enough.

I think it's probably best to stay off that kind of thing while you're rebooting. Once you feel better you might have more enthusiasm about it.

3. The original reason why I quit is because all the dates I've gotten off of those sites/apps were of questionable people. My ex-girlfriend I got from OKCupid and she was a controlling psycho. I figured I'd be better off in the real world

4. lovelyDay

lovelyDay Fapstronaut

No matter trust me: in "real world" there is also a lot of controlling psychos...

5. Here2learn17

Here2learn17 Fapstronaut

Maybe try a different app. I find ok Cupid seems to be more for hookups than anything else. I know friends who have met their spouses off paid sites like match.com

Maybe that would help.

Also do a lot of research on creating the perfect dating profile and getting the best pictures.

All in all I agree that in real life meetings are best. If you get invited to a party or out to dinner where potential single people will be always go. Even if it might be awkward or go bad, just go anyway. I talked to hundreds of women online and it never worked out with any of them the 2-3 relationships I’ve been in I met all of them in person the first time.

If you never get invited out to places with single people you might have to do some work to make that start happening.

Join a group of some sort. Make more friends that have the same hobbies as you. If ever offered the chance to be a third wheel take it. Usually girls always have single friends.

That’s about all I got.

6. MetaGame

MetaGame Fapstronaut

Stay off the dating apps. They do not have ur best interest in mind.

7. I've tried paid sites in the past and they were even worse. Not only that, they lock you into a contract (namely eHarmony).

8. THEdally_llama

THEdally_llama Fapstronaut

I’ve done dating apps and I gotta tell you that it’s a flip of the coin when it comes to finding success on them. For the most part I still do them, and I notice that success on them comes in waves. Sometimes, 2 months go by and I haven’t matched with anybody worth a damn, then all a sudden after those two months, I have a month where everything just clicks. It’s pretty random.

The real secret is this, if you want to control your own destiny and make things happen, you’re better off going up to some random who you think is hot and just telling them you think they’re attractive and asking them if they want to hang out sometime. I’ve done this lots of times, and it’s rarely failed me. Think of it this way, it’s like playing tinder in real life. If they find you attractive, guarentee they won’t say no. It can be awkward at first but honestly, the best way to disguise awkwardness is being able to carry a conversation, and present some real swagger.