1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

New Journal, New Journey

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by LowKeeKee, Jun 22, 2018.

1. LowKeeKee

LowKeeKee Fapstronaut

We spent the majority of our day today in bed, just relaxing and watching tv. Took the dogs for a nice walk and had some lovely food together.

I'm right beside my love through everything life brings upon us, and I always will be.

2. LowKeeKee

LowKeeKee Fapstronaut

I was so annoyed with everything going on around me at work today. I've been taking care of my sick Lovebug the past 4 or 5 days, which is not an issue or a complaint, it's my life's goal to make sure she is healthy and comfortable, and I'll do anything and everything to make sure she is. I think that knowing she is still uncomfortable, and sad, and knowing I haven't fully cleaned the house up yet (which is more of a voluntary responsibility) I just felt overwhelmed, and the guys at work just annoyed the living shit out of me in the latter half of my day. I think I spoke maybe 8 words in the last 5 hours of work.

Things improved once I got home, I had a chance to do some chores, and make us some dinner. Lovebug is super sore and I massaged her to try and ease some of her tension, it always soothes my chaotic mind to help with everything I can.

I've been doing well in my reset, no issues. I haven't felt any relapse urges, i have been holding myself accountable to this journal, and my daily reading. Creating a routine, a rhythm.

3. LowKeeKee

LowKeeKee Fapstronaut

Work has been so damn slow, it ridiculous. It's stressful how little there is to do right now, I'm high energy and need to GSD (get shit done)

We went and looked at a house today, first one. It won't be the one we choose, there was nowhere for the dogs to be outside, but it's a good starting point at least. We will go view more on Friday with the realtor.

We had a lovely evening together this evening, came home from house viewing, made dinner, I finally finished all the dishes, then we played a couple rounds of Lovebug's favourite board game (ticket to Ride). Did a little yoga, now it's snuggle time

4. LowKeeKee

LowKeeKee Fapstronaut

Another fun and exciting day at work today. I've been stressed at work.

Our property management company are being ridiculous, and frustrating, which is really frigging annoying.

I

5. LowKeeKee

LowKeeKee Fapstronaut

Day off today, we got the stuff with the rental company all sorted out. It was far less stressful than we thought it was going to be, which is really good news.

Went and looked at some potential properties in town, see a few maybes, and a couple hard no's.

We spent the remainder of our day just hanging out and planning next week's dinners.

I'm feeling good in my reset, and I'm confident that all is going to go well in this reboot. I am going to hold myself accountable to my promises, and make my Lovebug the happiest woman she can be.

6. bulmalovesdota

bulmalovesdota Fapstronaut

Me too. I believe I can do this. We can do this together man!

LowKeeKee likes this.
  7. LowKeeKee

LowKeeKee Fapstronaut

Half work day today, did mostly nothing, but got paid handsomely to do it, haha.

My love and I took our dogs for a walk, did some grocery shopping, and watched some Netflix for the afternoon.

I felt really frustrated at work, it has been really irritating me how slow it is. I'll figure this out though.

8. LowKeeKee

LowKeeKee Fapstronaut

Lazy Sunday, we slept in and snuggled, was a good morning. Then I walked to dogs and we went for a little road trip.

Overall, we had a good weekend.

Still feeling strong in my reboot, and cautiously optimistic about the future.

I meet my new potential therapist tomorrow, I'm a little nervous about it, I hope all goes well, and he is good and helpful, or the hunt begins again.

9. LowKeeKee

LowKeeKee Fapstronaut

Today was busy at work, I found out that I'm 100% less grumpy when work is productive and there are things to do.

My first appointment with my new councillor was today, it was stressful. I was very anxious and quite nervous throughout the appointment, just jitters with a new person I think. Aside from my nervousness, it was a productive councilling session. I will give it a couple more goes to see if I like this guy.

Big interview tomorrow, potential new career opportunity with long term benefits and a better wage, I'm cautiously optimistic about it.

We went and looked at a house after work today, and it was everything we wanted, it was one floor, about 1200 square feet, nice back yard with an in ground fire pit. Our realtor told us someone put an offer on it a few hours after we looked at it though, which sucks, it was the first place we've looked at that we were both happy with.

10. LowKeeKee

LowKeeKee Fapstronaut

Today was a stressful day for both of us. I woke up feeling anxious and emotional.

I supremely stressed out my Love, and really pissed her off, right before we left for work I felt awful to cause her so much anger first thing in the morning.

I had to drive to another town, about an hour away to look at a tire on a trailer that ended up having nothing wrong with it at all. That was a minor inconvenience.

Had my interview for a new job today, which went well, they offered me a position as long as my background check and reference checks go well (which they will).

I'm feeling a little anxious on the way to bed tonight, it was a day today. I'm going to hold her tight tonight. Don't my best to try and create positive energy in our lives.

11. LowKeeKee

LowKeeKee Fapstronaut

Better moods all around today, we were both feeling rather decent today, aside from Lovebug waking up feeling nauseous. I stayed home from work today to make sure she was alright, and take care of her the best I possibly could.

I got the job I interviewed for, which is exciting, it's got a higher wage and far better career path goals. We've started looking into home security systems, as I'll be working mostly nights, and it will help us both feel more secure with me being away.

My recovery is going well, I am keeping up with my journal, I am still reading articles and forum posts every day.

12. LowKeeKee

LowKeeKee Fapstronaut

Today was a positive day for both of us, we woke up and snuggled in bed a little longer than usual, then got ready for work and walked the dogs, kissed goodbye for the day, and I skateboarder off to work while Lovebug drove (I work extremely close to home presently)

Work was very boring, not much to do today. Lovebug was in some immense jaw pain, she has a jaw problem that she has an appointment for, but we both kept in high spirits and conquered the day together.

I love my girl, and I will keep working on our life together.

13. LowKeeKee

LowKeeKee Fapstronaut

Work was relatively busy today. I felt decent, it was nice. Overall a pretty good day.

After work we got groceries, then came home and cleaned up the house a bit.

Met with a new realtor today, who I feel may be able to help us find the right house. Hopefully our house hunting journey comes to an end soon.

14. LowKeeKee

LowKeeKee Fapstronaut

We went on a lovely adventure today, drove a couple hours and discovered a new little town near where we live.

We went and hiked down to a river that had fossilized dino tracks in the banks, we saw a couple wind farms, and tons of farm critters, haha.

I had a lovely Saturday with my Lovebug. I hope everyone had the best possible day they could.

15. LowKeeKee

LowKeeKee Fapstronaut

Today was a lazy Sunday, in almost every sense of the term. We layed around in bed until around one o'clock, then went and walked the dogs, and cleaned out our car.

I did make my Lovebug upset this morning, she would prefer for me to make my coffee and let the dogs out, then come sit in bed and read so I am next to her when she wakes up, and I got distracted this morning by the news on my phone, and didn't come back to bed before she woke up, so she was upset when I came back downstairs. I said "I'm sorry" and she explained how just saying sorry all the time feels like it doesn't mean anything, that I just cause stress and hope that "I'm sorry" will make it go away. This is not how I feel in my heart, and to show her this, I decided that instead of just saying sorry if and when I cause stress, I will acknowledge what I've done to cause her stress and come up with a solution to help her feel better. For example, this morning I took a moment to think and I told her " I apologize for stressing you out, I should have been beside you when you woke up, I will make it up to you by laying beside you and reading my book while you go back to sleep, and I'm right here if you want any cuddles."

More communication is very important, don't be dismissive, even if you don't mean to be, recognize the pain you've caused, and help to resolve it.

16. LowKeeKee

LowKeeKee Fapstronaut

I have such a boring job right now, I can't wait for this new job to start.

We met with a new realtor today, he showed us like 4 houses, we liked one and the rest were not so good. We are pretty sure we've found the place we want, just have to make an offer on it and hope for the best.

17. LowKeeKee

LowKeeKee Fapstronaut

I finally had a service call today! Something to do, it was a welcomed change of pace, even if finding the location was a bit of a shit show, haha.

We have zeroed in on a house we want to buy, which is very good news. We went and looked at it again today, and we're starting to write up an offer tomorrow evening.

18. LowKeeKee

LowKeeKee Fapstronaut

Great news today! I got the new job, I'll put in my official notice on Monday when the boss gets back from holidays. I'm happy to finally get the official offer, it's great news.

We also put an offer on the house week we're interested in buying today, which is exciting and stressful at the same time.

TryingHard2Change likes this.
  19. TryingHard2Change

TryingHard2Change Distinguished Fapstronaut

20. LowKeeKee

LowKeeKee Fapstronaut

Thanks man! It's very releaving to have this job go through, now just wish us luck on the negotiations for our new house:D:D