1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Those who are single

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by tweeby, Jul 9, 2018.

1. tweeby

tweeby Banned

For those who are single, what characteristics do you wish in your ideal partner and why?

Try to avoid triggers.

TheCalm likes this.
  2. tweeby

tweeby Banned

I would say :-

-petite, I like girls who are smaller than me, I think this stems from my protective instincts, girls who are taller than me I would feel uncomfortable with, although this a generalisation.

- Caring, I am drawn to caring, loving people. When someone is unfortunate and I see someone step up to help them I melt.
    - Friendly but quiet, I don't particularly like loud social people, they kinda annoy me and a girl who is too outgoing would scare me if I'm being honest.
    - Good with children, something about the maternal instincts attracts me - especially when they make little baby voices, either with dogs or small children.
    - Vulnerability, I guess this also comes from my protective instincts, but a girl who is vulnerable I feel attracted to, I feel like I have purpose to look after them not necessarily physically, but emotionally.
    - Pretty but has flaws, again a girl who is a little self conscious of her image but not like a bimbo is really attractive to me.
    - stay at home type, a girl who likes her own quiet space, doesn't mind being at home for a night in, reading a book, or curling up and watching a movie together.

What are your desirable traits in your ideal partner and why?
    Also do you think any of your bucket list is unreasonable if so why?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    hardowner likes this.
  3. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Is everyone here in a relationship or something, boy does that make me feel lonely LOL.

4. TheCalm

TheCalm Fapstronaut

-Loyalty
    I want her to be a kind and openly caring for other people, but I also want a measure of exclusivity to me. She can't be flirtatious with any other men, but she can be friends with them.

-Uniqueness
    She needs to have a few idiosyncrasies that make her easily distinguishable from her demographic.

-Fair
    We split the bill early on in our relationship during dates and properly divide out responsibilities in our household later on.

-Goals
    Has her own dream or goal that can be aligned with mine in some way.

-Reasonable
    Accepts me in spite of my weaknesses, but knows to mention when I need to make changes. Likewise, I can accept her weaknesses, but I can mention to her when she needs to make changes without it escalating into an argument.

-Beauty
    Her appearance shows she has adequate self-respect. On top of that, she needs to have an exotic appearance that is a few steps above conventional women.

-Petite
    Not too short though and I wouldn't like it if she was at my height or taller then me.

-Assertive
    Stands firm in her principles, while not being too stubborn. She is also direct and doesn't beat around the bush unnecessarily.

-Flexible
    She isn't attached to traditions to the point of it being harmful, and is willing to change her viewpoint on matters if there is an sound argument that can be made against it.

-Loving
    Openly shows her affection towards me appropriately, even in a public setting, and is willing to be close and affectionate without it having to be sexual.

tweeby likes this.
  5. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Great list this is very similar to mine, in regards to the 'not being flirtatious' would you have a problem with her having many 'guy' friends. I often find this conflicting for me. I mean I know women can be friends with guys and such, but knowing a girl has many male friends and might openly flirt with them would be a deal breaker for me.

I also don't particularly like easy going, aloof women. I need to feel an emotional bond that goes beyond the superficial. Like a real connection or something.

There was this girl I went on a date with, super pretty, I'd say near to my ideal type looks wise, but I swear she was real aloof, I think that was just her personality, and admitted to being a social flower etc, it really put me off.

Although we both found each other physically attractive, we were complete mis-matches personality wise.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  6. TheCalm

TheCalm Fapstronaut

I would agree. I honestly don't want her to be having too many guy-friends because I'll sort of feel like I'm competing with them. But I've had a few healthy relationships with girls that had similar interests that didn't have to be romantic. However, I feel like if you spend too much time with a girl in a supposedly "healthy" relationship it can easily progress to something more then that - and the same goes for vice-versa. Ultimately, for me, I won't have a problem with her interacting with her guy-friends as long as I don't feel it's stretching into my own territory as her boyfriend.

tweeby likes this.
  7. I would not be the right person to answer it since Im 33 years old and I have been alone my entire life so I cant really say what my ideal partner would be, but from what I feel I would want someone who accepts me for who I am and not who people want me to be, I don't want to be a trophy and object to show off or to be herded like an animal, I would want some one with a kind soul, a woman who is healthy and can give us children, a strong woman who does not take any shit.

8. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Thank you for sharing that RainbowShell, I'm sure there are many guys in a similar situation.

RainbowShell likes this.
  9. tweeby

tweeby Banned

bumpity bump. . . interested to hear more guys/girls wish lists.

10. Julius93

Julius93 Fapstronaut

I want her to be very smart, beautiful and she should do as I say. She should be patient. She should have good manners and treat me well.

tweeby likes this.
  11. Trevelyan357

Trevelyan357 Fapstronaut

A woman with a pulse would be nice :p In all seriousness though....

Personality (aside from caring and compassionate which should be a given)I am looking for someone who is straight-forward, confident, intelligent (street-wise and book-smart), animal lover, sincere in words/actions, empathetic, tactful, down to earth, sensual, and an open communicator. She is fiscally responsible as well. We treat each other as equals and not upstage/dominate each other.

Body: There are so many different types of women that I like. Height is not a deal breaker but I prefer women who are a bit taller than me (not very hard since I'm 5'6" lol). I have met plenty of good looking short women as well. She MUST take care of herself and be active. No drugs, chain smokers, and alcoholic party animals period.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    Gotham Outlaw, Mr. E and tweeby like this.
  12. I don't think that was the reason. I just don't see the good in fantasizing about a partner that is not in your life yet. It kind of just incites feelings of desire and stuff before it's time and can lead to you feeling lonelier or like you're missing out on something. IDK that's just how I feel.

Knighthawk, tweeby and Trevelyan357 like this.
  13. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Good point, I guess I understand how you're feeling but sometimes it is nice to be wishful! LOL

Knighthawk likes this.
  14. This exactly was what I was going to say. Personally, I’ve daydreamt my life away for far too long. Whatever fantasy you cook up will not be met in reality.

Kenzi, tweeby and Trevelyan357 like this.
  15. Trevelyan357

Trevelyan357 Fapstronaut

It is like those situations where you THINK you know what you want. Then when you finally get what you THINK you wanted, it didn't turn out to be what you REALLY wanted.

Hitto and Knighthawk like this.
  16. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Christ when I skimmed over that I thought you said 'A woman with a purse would be nice'

koolpal and hardowner like this.
  17. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Dare to dream big buddy, and he who dares wins!

18. Trevelyan357

Trevelyan357 Fapstronaut

LMAO!! That shouldn't be too hard to find.

koolpal and dogeatdog like this.

19. But having an idea of the kind of person you want to be with is a good thing. You have to have an idea of the kind of person you would date or you'll just end up accepting anyone. I don't think you're fantasising if you want to be with someone who is kind or patient.

20. The Consigliere

The Consigliere Fapstronaut

Here are a few that comes to mind for me:

- Trust that goes both ways. No bullshit attached. Along with that, I shouldn't be afraid to call her out on bs and vice versa. If you have someone who is important to you in your circle, trust needs to be a major key.

- Passion. She should go for her goals no matter what. And I don't want to be the one to hold her back from achieving what she wants in life. I'll be there to support her, no questions asked if needed.

- Fit and in shape. Health is important. Not only mentally and spiritually, but physically. I think she should always be taking care of her body and in shape. Lots of benefits that could go a long way.

- Be there for me no matter what. Everyone deserves to have a shoulder to lean on.

- Loving and affectionate. Not afraid to show off our relationship and that we're an item in a public setting. I think we all to some degree want to let others know who our gal or guy is.

- She passes the "Door Test". Now, this test is only a version that can turn into many. But basically, it tests to see if the girl you're taking out actually cares about you or not. I'll let this famous scene from "A Bronx Tale" explain it.

Trevelyan357 likes this.