1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Modern media is making us axious and depressed

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Fenix Rising, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Yes. And the solution, in my opinion, is to slowly increase your intake of positive ideas and cut-off from social media (youtube,twitter,instagram, all of it). This forum is a good start. But since this is still online it is better to read, talk with friends, talk with your mom, go to church, work on school, etc.

2. Most media/entertainment is more likely to be negative/sexual as this is what we would be more likely to respond to.

When you look outside you notice that it is a normal world and that the media/internet etc distort it.

To some degree i agree with your statement that modern media is making us depressed.

Here is something i said on a previous thread:
    "This is the truth man. Games, films, videos, music. But then again this stuff in my view isn't beneficial.

Any of the stuff I listed isn't relaxing, relaxing is relaxing. None of it is motivational, the best motivation is just to actually want to do something (like want to stop pmo) not to listen to Shia Labeouf.

I rather entertain myself by doing something I enjoy or hang out with my buds."

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. The problem is there is almost no way to disconnect completely. Your friends will talk about. There will be some useful video on youtube that you need for that school project. Your girlfriend will ask you to create a facebook. I don't know the complete solution to this, maybe we need spirituality and/or christian values to be mainstream again? I don't think parents are fit to handle this big of a problem alone.

4. İ prefer islam over christianity as i prefer christianity over judaism (İt is newer for a reason, it is updated).
    The truth is that we can never really fix the whole earth but we can fix ourselves and hope to inspire others to do the same!

5. If you think about it though, Protestant christianity is the most updated form of religion. Almost too updated, as it says that it is OK if you do sin you should not be ashamed at all. And rules are bended depending on the church. Yet this is the best available option IMO.
    Islam is way too strict because the countries are shitholes. Islam needs a reformation.

6. Updated my post"***

7. Slipkid16

Slipkid16 Fapstronaut

Assorted Orthodox leaders have started calling for not participating in social media for the fasts. Social media has become an idol in Gods place for many unfortunate people

8. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Ruling against Leftist agenda while also pushing for less freedom of the press, which is also a Leftist belief.

Lol.

Don’t Americans know much of their mainstream media is tax-funded to some degree, like NPR/PBS, or they’re corporations stuffed in the politicians’ pockets? That’s not freedom of the press; that’s government ownership, sponsorship and control, hence abolishing it wouldnt do anything except take away the same news sites you probably use.

9. Slipkid16

Slipkid16 Fapstronaut

IMO Protestantism has capitulated to Western culture. If it was speaking truth it wouldn't be moving the goalposts and Islam is really just a Christian heresy based on Arianism. Its also very work based which doesn't require salvation based on a change of heart. I also wouldn't want to deal with 72 virgins

10. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Isn’t this a mistranslation from Aramaic to Arabic, yet Muslim fundamentalists never dared change it because every word in the Quran is apparently true? Lol

11. You are a legend, I completely agree with all of the stuff you said. Everyone else can talk about their boring lives, you should get some new nofap friends. They will help motivate and keep you on track (like us)!

Roady likes this.