1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Need your opinions..

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Beekay148, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Beekay148

Beekay148 Fapstronaut

Hey guys, i need your opinion on my situation.

Currently i am working in a Call centre, the nature of getting scolded by different customers everyday, having to meet your daily call targets, crappy management is driving me crazy and i'm trying to find a way to get out of this nature.

I am currently committing to paying the bills for my house and i am afraid to take the risk to resign from my job and just try to find a new one (it wouldn't be wise for me as well as i'd rather secure a job first before resigning)

I can't find another good career path to jump into nor i have a good education background on my end which makes it harder to find a job :(

My dream is to actually be my own boss and work for myself but i can't seem to find a good start to business.. i was wondering if there is any suggestions to improve my current situation. I would appreciate your feedbacks

2wsx9ijn likes this.
  2. helpfuldude

helpfuldude Fapstronaut

What would you enjoy doing? And what are you good at? By answering these two questions you can set a goal for yourself and then divide your path into smaller goals. This applies to big business ideas as well, if you have any. I think you should have some craft, knowledge or talent that other people would value. Once you decide, you can dedicate 1 hour every day to learn that.

2wsx9ijn and Beekay148 like this.
  3. Beekay148

Beekay148 Fapstronaut

Thank you for the helpful reply! Well, I like music and editing in general so a way to make money off that (from what I can think off) is to make Beats/instruments, learn mixing and mastering for vocals and offer my services online. Apart from that I would love to make animated music videos as well. As to why i’m not doing it at to moment is that I do not have the resources for it (computer, software, equipments etc) as I am financially tight on my end. I would have to save money for that and at the meantime I’m looking for a cheaper option to build up passive cash flow instead of relying on my job

4. 2wsx9ijn

2wsx9ijn New Fapstronaut

Use it as incentive. I failed in a call center having been so good on the phones they did not even tell me to read the end call script they handed out in our private meeting.

Call centers are lazy excuses of companies.

Companies should take care of their own business.

Oh wait, I worked for a 3rd party not the company I performed phone service for 10 times better than they paid me for (natural).

Anyways so ya my cubicle mate got fired after a couple months getting to know each other.

This guy could outperform the supervisors at this work.

He had such a fat ego he routinely scolded customers for being dumb.

Truly saying he was too smart for the job is the reason he was fired is not invalid.

Beekay148 likes this.
  5. 2wsx9ijn

2wsx9ijn New Fapstronaut

Good idea. Or get out of a call center once and for all.

6. 2wsx9ijn

2wsx9ijn New Fapstronaut

7. 2wsx9ijn

2wsx9ijn New Fapstronaut

The right stuff. I mean these questions say it all.

Beekay148 likes this.
  8. Beekay148

Beekay148 Fapstronaut

Well, at first the thought of working in an office (coming from a waiter background) seemed like an upgrade to me. But after working in the call centre industry for so long I have grown tired of it as it is nothing more than a routine and having to face negative emotions every single day.

Admittedly, I am not doing well either as I simply have no interest in it.

I am stuck here due to commitments for the family as I am the sole bread winner. I just feel like there is more to life than facing a monitor screen Everyday. Knowing that there might be people over in the forums who are working for them self’s, I would like to hear their thoughts.

9. kingpietro

kingpietro Fapstronaut

Pretty simple just look every day at jobs at the paper internet and send you're resumé to them. when you get a interview ask for days off at that time.

don't expect you get a new job the next month

Just do as marcus aerelius accept the things you cannot change change the things yo can. Be happy you get a job and accept it. but still not thinx its unpossible seak out other opportunities and go to them.