1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your favorite music?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Mugur, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Mugur

Mugur Fapstronaut

How much do you despise being asked what music you are into?

Could there be a less observatory question you feel is more generic than paid sin?

Now you are welcome to answer in any type of manner.

I love all of you but dislike mainstream music. Good thing record company tycoons have no power over the good labels releasing killer music videos on YouTube daily.

Your 200M views mean nothing when you exploit your body and contain no substantial meaning in your work.

2. What’s wrong with being asked what kind of music you like? I just hate when people answer “I like any music as long as it’s good”. That is not an acceptable answer as what sounds good to one person sounds like crap to another and vice versa.

3. Mugur

Mugur Fapstronaut

Call me a man who rejects social conformity due to a genuine disdain of genericism.

I did not ask to be this way.

Nothing is wrong with it dude. It is like a question that needs to be asked by the right person at the right time in the right way out of genuine interest in a fellow human being as they may or may not so much relate to oneself.

Who are your current preferred musicians Nomar?

Knighthawk likes this.
  4. I get where you’re coming from. I haven’t been able to listen to the radio for a long time and I find it hard to talk music with someone who only listens to radio music.
    My favorite bands are...
    Blind Guardian
    Theocracy
    Rend Collective
    Avantasia
    Angra

hydroxide likes this.
  5. GigglingTrout

GigglingTrout Fapstronaut

kpop is the highest form of art tho

6. For me my favorite music will always be rap/hip hop because theres alot of lyrics which i and probably lots of other people can relate to.
    So sometimes I feel like they're telling a story of MY life cause i can relate to it so much.

Or if i wanna just chill and lay down i put on a dreamy beat and just think about life.

7. STAR DUST

STAR DUST Fapstronaut

MELODIC DUBSTEP

GigglingTrout likes this.
  8. hydroxide

hydroxide Fapstronaut

Nice, power metal! It's so saddening when so many people you talk to listen to nothing more than the plastic that's on the radio. But at least there's still a lot of people out there who are passionate about music, and that's great.

Knighthawk and STAR DUST like this.
  9. STAR DUST

STAR DUST Fapstronaut

So true

10. You know power metal?! I’ve been obsessed for years man, what a hidden gem! Music is my main passion for sure. I’ve been playing drums for years and I try to get out to as many concerts and shows I enjoy as I can!

hydroxide likes this.
  11. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

I'm old enough to remember when music was only used with sacred chants.

Nah, really.

I think it really depends on my mood. But I agree, I haven't turned the radio on for years, so I don't even have an opinion on MS music.

Such Small Hands likes this.
  12. Such Small Hands

Such Small Hands Fapstronaut

All kinds! Too many to choose a favorite - got quite a bunch, across different genres. But if you peeked at my recent listens, you'd find a lot of classical and jazz - helps me concentrate or get my mind off of dark things.

I, myself, am partial to the "I like all music, as long as it sounds good" answer, but I agree that if you can't elaborate on the point, then it's just a conversation ender, at best.

13. hardowner

hardowner Fapstronaut

Electronic music, mainly techno and trance, for example dj Splash. I also love music created by Yanni. Once you listen to his music, you just get in ecstacy. He's just another gift from Greece to humanity. My favorite songs from him, Within attraction, Nostalgia...

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  14. hydroxide

hydroxide Fapstronaut

Actually I'm quite new to power metal, so I don't know much of it. Only some from Unleash the Archers and Dragonforce. But what I've heard sounds great, and I know there's much more out there! I'd be interested to hear song/album recommendations from you.

Currently I'm listening mostly to bands like Opeth, Slipknot, Lacuna Coil and Epica. And music is my main passion as well! I've been learning piano and guitar for several years and written a bunch of songs. Glad to know someone else is passionate about music!

Knighthawk likes this.
  15. Nightbynight

Nightbynight Fapstronaut

I love Rap music, it has so many different sub genres and is always expanding.
    There is nothing quite like hearing a story you can relate to rapped with passion and flows that get you hanging onto everyword.
    The endless wordplay double and triple meanings, its a really deep form of music especialy when you get someone profoundly capable of articulating their environment, pulling you into their thoughts and feelings their way of life.
    That's without getting into the instrumentation which can draw inspiration from anything from rock to classical, dubstep to jazz. I'm extremely fussy about who place in my listen list and only have a small amount of albums I count as classic but I'll always give everything a try in the hopes of finding my next favorite.

16. Der Drachenkönig

Der Drachenkönig Fapstronaut

For me it's Classical Music, Metal (especially power metal), Jpop and Jrock.

Knighthawk likes this.
  17. Unleash the Archers are awesome dude! Blind Guardian are the best as far as my ears are concerned. Check out their album Nightfall in Middle Earth and go from there. It’s been my favorite album for the past 5 years or so. Here are some choice cuts from it

hydroxide likes this.
  18. TheManDude

TheManDude Fapstronaut

Hmm, I listen a lot on genres, rock, reggae, ska, music in spanish (native language) but my favorite bands are:
    The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
    Interpol
    Pearl Jam
    Audioslave
    Bad Religion
    Foo Fighters
    The Killers
    El Cuarteto de Nos
    Los Fabulosos Cadillacs
    And I could go on! There's a lot of awesome music and i'm open for recommendations!

SilentJay313 likes this.
  19. Trevelyan357

Trevelyan357 Fapstronaut

I listen to a lot of different genres. But I find a lot of my favorite songs were made during the 80s.

20. hydroxide

hydroxide Fapstronaut

Knighthawk likes this.