1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My sister took me to court

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Goo, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Goo

Goo Fapstronaut

Won't get into details but she took me to court and now I have a protective order against me. Which means no guns for a year and also I am not legally allowed to see her so I can't stay at my parents house (she lives there)

It's hurting me what's she's doing. She is 7 years older than me. I know I haven't given many details to the case but I'll honestly say that I didn't deserve this I never threatened her I didn't even talk to her.

I'm graduating my trade school (electronic technician) in less than a month I also got my license suspended so it's hard to find work in my field. It would be substantially better if she dropped the protective order but that's not happening.

I know that there's little that can be done but I just need to talk to someone about this.

2. I'm gonna be honest, I have a very hard time believing you did nothing wrong for your sister to go so far as getting a protective order against you, and for a judge to approve it. I can't see why she would just do that out of nowhere.

3. Goo

Goo Fapstronaut

Fine. This is what happened. I was at my grandma's funeral and I was ordering a drink and this random guy was rude to me and I yelled a bit.
    That's it. I never directed any malice towards her. She lied in court.

4. Goo

Goo Fapstronaut

She said I threatened to shoot my father in the head. Wtf? Who does that...

5. Gotcha. Yeah, that sounds messed up.

Gotham Outlaw and Goo like this.
  6. Goo

Goo Fapstronaut

Thank you so much for your comment. That helped me out. Just knowing that other people realize that she was in the wrong.

This is just something I'll have to wait out but I will not forget what she did.

7. Jason_Tesla_19

Jason_Tesla_19 Fapstronaut

Were there witnesses to the alleged incident, or is it simply your word against hers? If you are telling us the truth, you should be able to appeal and have this overturned. You could even sue her for libel or slander if she's lying about you and assassinating your character.

8. IggyIshness

IggyIshness Fapstronaut

Goo, be honest please. You did something cmon you know it, tell us.

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. Blossom

Blossom Fapstronaut

Are you sure that you're telling us the whole story?
    I'm not judging you or anything like that but it sounds really weird to me.
    Did you try to talk to her and to ask her why did she do that?
    Did your sister bring any proofs to the judge about this incident?
    What exactly happened during the trial?

10. Goo

Goo Fapstronaut

Unfortunately, with a protective order, little 'proof' is required, only words. Look, it's a girl vs a guy... In the eyes of the law that never looks good for the guy. And I'm not pulling the race card at all but I am a black male in my early 20s.

I know it might seem like I'm holding something back but the truth is, all that happened was I yelled at a random guy at my grandma's funeral. Yes I was loud and it definitely was inappropriate but still I never ever even talked to my sister (we aren't close, we had a fight 4 years ago) during the funeral.

The point of a protective order is to stop someone from causing bodily harm or death to another person. Shit, if anything it should've been the random guy I was yelling at that took me to court but he didn't care cause it was nothing serious... I am not a threat to my sister. I (use to) legally own many firearms, but I would never use them against my family I love my family.

She just hates me. And I refuse to ever forgive her she's caused me a lot of pain and this was an attack on me I was already kicked out of my parents house and she added legal charges to me...

11. Goo

Goo Fapstronaut

At the trial I told the judge that I never even talked to her. She lied in court, stating that I was an danger to her. How? I yelled at some random guy.

I think she was mad that I upset the funeral. And yes it was highly disrespectful but we were all going through hard times then.

Point is I never actually talked to her, let alone threatened her in anyway and she took her little brother to court. All my friends agree that she was in the wrong.

My plan is to ignore her for the rest of my life. I want absolutely nothing to do with her. Maybe you can say I'm just venting but seriously, once you actually take someone to court you risk throwing them in jail. So she is a danger to me I must avoid her so that she doesn't snitch on me again. No way around it.

Buddhabro likes this.
  12. Blossom

Blossom Fapstronaut

Did your parents kick you out because of what you did in that funeral or there was any other reason?
    I think that the first thing you need to do is to apologize in front of them for what you did. The second thing you should do is to sue your sister and to hire a lawyer (if possible)

13. Blossom

Blossom Fapstronaut

wow bro.. I'm sorry to hear that.

14. Goo

Goo Fapstronaut

My parents kicked me out of the house cause I was disrespectful at the funeral and also they found another pistol in my room. One year ago they also found a gun in my room and warned me that if I ever bring another gun in the house I'd be kicked out. So they did.

But I'm not ganna sue my sister. I'm just ganna ignore her from now on. I appologized to my mom and dad and they have since forgiven me for it. They want me back at the house but because my sister brought legal matters into play, I can't legally go to the house, I stay at a hotel now.
    Thanks man I appreciate it. I'll be alright.

15. How do your parents feel about your sister essentially screwing you over like this? Won't they talk to her?

16. Seven_

Seven_ Fapstronaut

Daymn, you can find some really interesting stories over here that I've never thought of.
    Btw.
    Maybe I'm too young, but I think that I can help ya. First you gotta tell us what is the punishment, maybe Prison? If so how much time ?? ... etc.

17. Goo

Goo Fapstronaut

My mom said that she talked to her about it, but she doesn't want the family to be broken apart. I don't really want to put anymore stress on my mom, I love her and just want her to not be stressed out I'd give my life in a heartbeat for my mother.
    They say they have talked to her but with no success.
    If I violate the protective order (if I'm caught with a gun or if I show up at the house) I will get 10 years in prison...

10 fucking years... I'm speechless, I've been to jail before it's hell, I'd rather die than go back. All because I yelled...

Deleted Account likes this.
  18. Seven_

Seven_ Fapstronaut

But why do you need guns?

Roady likes this.
  19. Goo

Goo Fapstronaut

I just am really interested in them. They make me feel safe too. I like going to the shooting range alot.
    You could say I'm obsessed with them haha it's another addiction I have

20. Seven_

Seven_ Fapstronaut

Well you gotta sell the guns, before the po po came to your apartment

Kizito.D likes this.