1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Fitness Thread

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Tryinghardtoquit, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Hi all - figured it would be good to start a fitness thread on here.

Exercise can help with the endorphin flows and has a proven benefit in lifting moods... if you are a PMO / Cybersex / Phonesex fiend like myself you may benefit from exercise and getting away from those troublesome computers and devices and out into the fresh air.

So who is with me? Feeling fit? Post your fitness goals and progress. Who knpws you may even enjoy it!

I'm running a lot lately...want to learn how to swim without dragging my legs too much aswell.

2. I've just starting running again or the first time in a long time, it's been about 7-8 months and the last 4 days I've been getting 15:30 mile. I know I'm faster than that. What about you? Do you strive for anything specific when it comes to running?

3. I'm doing my first half marathon this weekend....believe me when I say that I am NOT a runner...watch this space!!!

lucentio likes this.
  4. Good to see you are back running!! Keep us updated

WesternWolf likes this.
  5. weovale

weovale Fapstronaut

Started weight lifting six months ago after I broke up with my ex. It helped me so much ! It's just amazing what it can do for your general mental health and PMO in particular. I already trained when I was younger but I felt going to the gym was a task. Nowadays I just love to go ! It's so motivating to see the gains you make. As of now, I gained 10 pounds of muscles and I ain't stopping ! Cheers.

WesternWolf and Deleted Account like this.
  6. That's awesome buddy. Helps with clearing the head and general self confidence as well so I can see nothing but positives for it. Well done and keep us posted as you pile on the muscles!!

weovale likes this.
  7. Beekay148

Beekay148 Fapstronaut

I was actively heading to the gym back on my 2nd Nofap streak but i have stopped recently. Out of my Nofap streaks, my 2nd one seemed to be the best as it gave me confidence and made me seem pretty optimistic on life as well. Probably because i was actively exercising. But at this very moment i am currently trying study the proper nutrition and exercise to get lean muscle mass

8. Go
    Good stuff. There is plenty of material out there on nutrition and lean muscle mass. Hope you reach your goals!

Beekay148 likes this.
  9. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Doing yoga only
    I can't start morning walk as there is no place nearby......where I am currently staying

10. Recently tried my hand at yoga... goes alright. Difficult though but definitely worth it trying and good for your headspace too

• I have been doing push-ups and pull-ups 5 days per week for over 4 months now.

• Deadlift my bodyweight two times per week for 20 total reps.

• Overhead press 50% of my bodyweight for 30 total reps 3 days per week.

• Squat 50 Kg for 100 total reps two days per week.

I went heavy, I went light, now I do this system and it works for me. I also do a variation of an Olympic lift every single workout, but that is like skill work to get better. Also my pull-ups are done with 10/15/20 kg added weight depending on how I feel.

11. Feeling pretty fit this week. Keeping the running, stretching and yoga up...keep the brain fit too with meditation..

Deleted Account and WesternWolf like this.
  12. Mike28

Mike28 Fapstronaut

I do a 5 day split:
    1)Upper body
    2)Legs
    3)Pull (back, biceps)
    4)Push (chest, shoulders, triceps)
    5)Legs

Besides that i do a lot of sports and ride my bike daily, which tires out my legs a lot. Because of that i sometimes skip the 2nd leg day.

Tryinghardtoquit likes this.
  13. I do:
    Mon: Push (Hypertrophy, 3-4 sets of 12-20 reps)
    Tues: Pull (Hypertrophy)
    Wed: Legs & abs (Hypertrophy)
    Thu: Push (Strength, 5-6 sets of 5-8 reps)
    Fri: Pull (strength)
    Sat: Legs & abs (strength)
    Being free of PMO really lets you take full control in the gym and just go to work. So much extra energy and motivation! There are of course temptations, but prayer, focus, and discipline help keep them at bay!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  14. Mike28

Mike28 Fapstronaut

Hey man, can you talk a little more about hypertrophy/strength please?

15. Hypertrophy is training for muscular growth. Strength is self explanatory. Basically, hyper is training by higher rep ranges at moderate weights. Strength is trained by heavier weight at fewer reps and more sets.

16. Does that answer your question?