1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Should i still give resume looking like this?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by JJTorres, Aug 5, 2018.

1. JJTorres

JJTorres Fapstronaut

Tomorrow i was hoping to give resume to this (well known) supermarket to seize the opportunity that i was going to visit the family doctor but unexpectedly by doing over-exercise i strained my ligaments, i feel big pain in my ankle and can't walk unless with a cane, i'm worried the about delivering the resume looking like this.
    Thanks for your attention, appreciated.

2. Moon Shot

Moon Shot Fapstronaut

Hey @JJTorres,

I'm sorry to hear your ankle's swollen, and I hope it gets better as soon as possible. Regarding handing in your resumé tomorrow, if you think that you can wait until your better, and that this job opening won't be filled up quickly, you can rest. If not, I don't think it should be much of a problem, as long as you can explain the situation to your potential employer.

I wish you the best of luck.

JJTorres likes this.
  3. Can't you email it? Most prefer emails nowadays I think.

Moon Shot likes this.
  4. JJTorres

JJTorres Fapstronaut

i'm almost certain they only receive the resumé in person.
    But thanks for caring brother.

5. jacobb1

jacobb1 Fapstronaut

Ugh, such unfortunate events always occur at the wrong time, I swear!! But I don't think that this would need to be a problem. I mean, if you did your resume impeccably, I'm sure it won't matter. You could for your reassurance to contact a resume writing service. I'm not going to lie, I use this. I had an experience similar to yours and I knew my resume wasn't great and my appearance definitely won't help. So I decided to look for this kind of service https://skillhub.com/resume-writing-service. This way at least I knew I'd get the job, haha. I was less worried after, they didn't even ask what happened to me. How much a piece of paper can change even decide your life lol... So don't worry!!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021