1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

how do you deal with anger?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by tweeby, Aug 7, 2018.

1. tweeby

tweeby Banned

OK, I must admit, I got a bit of an anger problem, well actually a lot if I'm being honest. Like I bubble up and can go apeshit from time to time. For example, there was this guy who was irritating me when we went bowling, so I blew up and and threw him over the bowling lane LOL. Why is probably because of many things, loneliness, maybe some emotional insecurities etc, I'm addressing this but it is a long tedious fucking slog.

Anyway, with people IRL this can be a problem, online it's like meh, especially if the other person is the same in terms of angryness, because it leads to an escalation. I'd rather avoid this but at the same time, I don't want to be a push over. No way. However, is there some happy medium to diffuse the situation before it gets out of hand?

If so what?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    SanctionedUser001 likes this.
  2. Jason_Tesla_19

Jason_Tesla_19 Fapstronaut

I have anger issues too, but I've found that it gets worse when I just let things fester. If I don't stand up for myself enough, I'll start feeling helpless and hopeless, and that makes my anger issues worse. Anger is simply the other side of the same coin as sadness. Practice being more assertive all the time, and taking action and speaking up when people do things that upset you will hopefully make you feel better. If people get angry and refuse to listen to you and meet your needs, that's liable to make you even more angry and want to literally fight them, though.

3. tweeby

tweeby Banned

My problem is I'm trying to address a situation that doesn't escalate into something worse, and come off in a strong position. I know this guy is going through a hard time as his family member has a health scare, so I'm calming down and rightly so but still, it gets me boiling some of the things said and done, and I want to figure out the best way to sort this?

4. Jason_Tesla_19

Jason_Tesla_19 Fapstronaut

Putting yourself in his shoes is definitely a good start, as you're starting to calm down. Once you're calmer, perhaps you can calmly and respectfully tell him your perspective so he can put himself in your shoes?

5. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Yeah that sounds good, the only trouble is this person is pretty fucked themselves, their dad used to beat em up so, it's like talking to a wall, I know just ignoring it or laughing along is not the way, but my trouble is when I blow it's all out it's literally red mist, jaws clenched, fists pumps, shaking with anger even, and I don't wanna embarrass myself, especially in front of the girl who i work with!

6. FGHTFRLF

FGHTFRLF Fapstronaut

When talking about dealing with rage, it is best to do what has already been mentioned above my post, as well as take an outsider approach. You do not want to be manifested in the anger, but instead, view the anger as an object. Realize why you are angry, and whether truly being angry will help in the long term. It may be good in the short, but always think about the long term.
    Don’t suppress your emotions. I’ve learnt from Headspace (meditation app), couple of books and lectures that instead of trying to suppress emotions and being at war with yourself, you should realize what emotions and thoughts truly are. You cannot force them away, but you can realize why it’s there, and how to formulate a correct response which would not ignore the emotion you’ve just received.
    In terms of dealing with future anger issues, I recommend meditating once everyday. Make those meditation sessions based on you truly understanding where strong emotions come from. I also recommend listening to lectures on YouTube as well as reading books on anger management, and understanding these emotions. The best way to solving something is to first understand what you are trying to solve, figuring out what your end goal is, then successfully executing the steps necessary knowing why you took each step.

7. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

No anger issues here but that's mainly because i'm rather good at mind games. I don't have an anger problem because i become the problem. Works well when you have lots of time on your hand like me!

If i don't, however or simply because you don't want to waste energy, nothing quite beats the joy of not giving a damn. It's extremely simple but not easy at first. Just realise that nobody is worth your time. You are numero uno. The alpha and the omega. La priorité. Always. :D
    *poof*
    No anger.

At least, that's my trick. Option 2 takes a while to develop to be fair. You're either born with Option 1 or if not, Option 2 is your only go to.

Of course, there are lots of other ways like listening to music, breathing deeply, exercising, jogging, punching a wall or you know... the causative agency of said distress.

Violence is never a permanent answer though and it's practically the very thing you want to avoid. Chewing gum also works actually though i never had to try it. I only have 3rd party testimonies on that method.

u376 likes this.
  8. Wow! Some issue I don’t have. I can’t believe it.

CTRL + DEL likes this.
  9. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

I will confess this
    That in my head I have imagined beating the shit out of my bullies
    I have even thought of stabbing them with compass needle.......
    But then I realized that their behavior is same with everyone......they are not targeting me only
    And later they become normal with me
    But I believe to utilize my anger to learn fight combats.......
    I have improved my patience capacity.....
    I believe in defense mechanism
    If someone seems to be a threat ......then I will defend myself
    I want to buy a punching bag
    And I would like to punch and kick it daily
    ......and rest I leave on god....
    In this way I have controlled my anger

tweeby and CTRL + DEL like this.
  10. Wow! Did you get arrested for that?

You could try mental noting or anger management classes.

11. tweeby

tweeby Banned

No it was one of my buddies, he was actually much bigger than me, but I am strong like 'ox.' LOL

He could have landed awkwardly I guess. But I just wanted to get a bowling ball and smash his head in. I walked off to calm down.

12. AllNamesUsed

AllNamesUsed Fapstronaut

I'm too stoned to get angry

KS1994 likes this.
  13. ClassyKing

ClassyKing Fapstronaut

I was the same way when I was a kid, still am some days. One thing that helped was working off all that anger through exercise. I used to channel it through karate lessons, then after I quit it was through a lot of MO. Now that I have neither I need to find a new outlet for my pent up anger.

14. I don't know thats my problem too.But since i stopped this pmo.I feel less angry on anyone else.But sometimes when i feel angry i do 3 or 4 km running with full power.Anger is type of energy,Its depend on u how u react on this power.Use it in productive way or destructive way... @tweeby

15. HereAndThere

HereAndThere Fapstronaut

I have problems with anger too but i had gotten better with years. It really helps alot putting oneself in position of the other person if youre angry at them. Many times there is nothing you can do, situation is just objectively bad, i just get burned off, exhausted from feeling angry. Thats where anger is most damaging in my life. Finding distraction helps to a degree though. Expressing anger keeps things level, to not escalate, but it can be bad as much as good, cause it pushes people away and it can become a habit so you start to behave angry even when youre not really angry.

ClassyKing likes this.