1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Trying to gain back my SOs trust

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Acky31, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Acky31

Acky31 Fapstronaut

Day144.

Well, I think honesty is the only way I can gain any trust back, and if I'm going to be honest, I have to say; I haven't been.

Now, I have been through quite a rough patch since my mam passed away (and I hate to use it as an excuse) but I had noticed that I haven't been putting as much effort in recently, starting just after she died.

I thought that I could handle it, and get back on with things, but it turns out that I struggled more because of it.

I needed to become accountable again, so I could help myself stop ogling (it actually sounds ridiculous that this is such an issue, but I guess when it's become such an automatic response, it needs concentration to stop or avoid doing it) so I have told my wife about it.

Naturally though, my wife is now questioning my entire nofap journey, and whether I have actually stopped P or M, but I have to say that it is only the ogling that has slipped.

I think that another thing that has played a part in this is that I have lost my routine being off work. Hopefully starting back at work full time, I can gain back my routine, and start completing my lists again, but more importantly, stay accountable and work towards rebuilding our relationship.

Thanks @drewharbour for your advice, I have read @Kenzi 's post about @Rock_Star 's lists, perhaps I need a recap to see if there is anything new I can look at doing.

Kenzi likes this.
  2. Acky31

Acky31 Fapstronaut

Day 145.

Well, things obviously aren't great between my wife and I right now. I think we had made some good progress, and I have gone and thrown it down the toilet by not telling my wife when I was struggling.

I just wish I had learned from my previous mistakes, but it seems like I must be an idiot (which should have been obvious by now).

My real concern now is that I may have just added the straw that broke the camel's back. I know that I have hurt her beyond repair, and I don't know right now if she will ever recover with me by her side. I truly hope she can and that I can help us heal, but I don't know if it's possible.

I am, however, trying my hardest to stay happy. We had been planning lots of things recently, such as new garage and extension to the house, and I'm trying to be positive about that.

3. Acky31

Acky31 Fapstronaut

Day 146.

Today has gone okay. I've been to work this morning, and will start back full time on Monday, but I've got the weekend before then.

We will be starting to prepare the garden for building a new garage this weekend and will also be searching for a new car after my car has started to play up.

I have felt more positive today, and feel good getting back on track and being accountable again.

I do feel positive about how I'm going to stay focussed on my recovery, but I just hope that my wife can somehow feel the same. I'm not sure she can because of all the crap she has taken over the years, and naturally, she can't trust me that I am even recovering at all at the moment.

4. Acky31

Acky31 Fapstronaut

Day 147.

Today has felt pretty good. We have done a lot of hard work in the garden and we showed some preliminary plans of our extension to our neighbours (although we aren't entirely sure what they really think about them).

We also had a nice meal out with the kids and my dad, but the eldest is still persistently wetting herself, which can be quite stressful.

I've had no issues with regards to ogling etc today either, and I feel like the mood in the house has been quite happy and light hearted, with a good focus on the future.

Tomorrow we are looking at some cars, so fingers crossed, we will find a gem!

5. Foxislander

Foxislander Fapstronaut

I'm at a hundred and forty two days so it sounds like you might be still having sex with your wife? We have not had sex at all so I'm kind of miserable my wife is trying to understand why I miserable I'm trying to make sure that she's heels in the work they're doing this together, just curious yeah just let me know cuz I'm they're trying to move back into intimacy but my wife is being very hesitant and I just want to push her

6. Tan3110

Tan3110 Fapstronaut

Hi I'm ackys wife we are having sex. But it sounds like your wife isn't ready. Maybe you should have a frank conversation with her don't push sex maybe intamacy like ask to try karezza most men say it's as satisfying as sex but before that try some daily kisses and light touches. Build your intmacy without sex just affection so it feels more about her than you. So when she is ready it's about the intmacy you share not just getting your jollies. We have had sex all the way through but to be honest I have body image issues and sex makes me feel wanted and desired and the longer we go without sex the worst my self esteem is. But some times it didn't feel right when we had sex not cos of bad sex we've never had bad sex. But because I felt like he was doing it for him and that connection wasn't there or he zoned out.
    So you need it to be about her not you. Start with only intmacy touches and love you(but don't make her say it back just say it to her no pressure) try by sitting with her and put you arm round her or hand on her leg. Hug her each night state just a hug so she doesn't think your pushing for sex. Just build the feeling of connection up.

I hope this helps.

lardy_renewed likes this.
  7. Foxislander

Foxislander Fapstronaut

We are headed into intimate touch for a couple of days now

Tan3110 likes this.
  8. Tan3110

Tan3110 Fapstronaut

Good keep it slow and all focus on her just add more touches kisses and love Yous and she will start to feel more desired rather than the thought of being used.
    You may have to say to her that when you become intimate again it doesn't mean you'll give up recovery you'll try harder and you have to ensure she doesn't think when sex is allowed you feel your process here is done. Cos that may be a reason she's holding off on it if she feels its making you take recovery seriously.

9. Acky31

Acky31 Fapstronaut

@Foxislander was it a decision for recovery that you guys have gone hard mode, or was it a result of your wife's discovery that she no longer wants to be as intimate?

10. Foxislander

Foxislander Fapstronaut

It was a choice in our recovery my wife has never had a very high sex drive and I've got an incredible sex drive we're trying to strike a balance right now they've been married for 33 years and we're currently reading a book called restoring pleasure it's got a lot of these techniques you're talking about it has 30 different exercises of touching and intercourse is the very last thing that you even attempt which I thought was interesting so it's been a hundred and forty three days for me today and for her to we've been working our PC muscles like crazy UCI objectify her without really knowing about it for many years so it was a thing that just got away from us and I realized how much of a sexually driven person that I am. I'm an open book and how we got here was through a tease and denial fantasy we were trying to do and she knew it just didn't feel right and for me and she did it so I thought I was awesome but then she pulled back so for me this is not now but for a while there it was the ultimate tease and denial? I don't think that way anymore not at all so we fix our way of thinking and now we're moving back into rebuilding our complete sex life we just want to do it right

11. Foxislander

Foxislander Fapstronaut

I think it's really interesting to be able to hear it from a female perspective though

12. Acky31

Acky31 Fapstronaut

Day 148.

Well, I've put a deposit down for a new car, and we received the elevation drawings for our planned extension, so fingers crossed that will get moving in the next few weeks.

So today has felt pretty positive, although stressful to an extent when looking for "the" car.

It's been good to be able to talk about the future with positivity again, I know I just need to keep focussed now, and not let things slip (in short, I need to learn from my mistakes).

13. Foxislander

Foxislander Fapstronaut

It was a choice in our recovery my wife has never had a very high sex drive and I've got an incredible sex drive we're trying to strike a balance right nowthey've been married for 33 years and we're currently reading a book called restoring pleasure it's got a lot of these techniques you're talking about it has 30 different exercises oftouching and intercourse is the very last thing that you evenattempt which I thoughtwas interesting so it's been a hundred andforty three days for me today and for her to we've been working ourPC muscles like crazy I did objectify her without really knowing about it for many yearsso it was a thing thatjust got away from usand I realized how much of a sexually driven person that I am. I'm an open book and how we got here was through a tease and denial fantasy we were trying to do and she knew it just didn't feel right and for me and she did it so I thought I was awesome but then she pulled back so for me this is not now but for a while there it was the ultimate tease and denial? I don't think that way anymore not at all so we fix our way of thinking and now we're moving back into rebuilding our complete sex life we just want to do it right? And what about oral for her not me?

14. Acky31

Acky31 Fapstronaut

I'm not sure we can really tell you what's best for this. As far as oral is concerned, I think it's best for you guys to work that out, although I think it's important that, if it did happen, that you do it because you want to and not because you feel like you should to make things better. I also think you shouldn't make her feel uncomfortable about it.

Sorry I can't help much with that, but I don't think it's something I can really tell you is okay, it is for you and your wife to figure out.

15. Acky31

Acky31 Fapstronaut

Day 150.

We are sending our plans to builders now, so hopefully we will get some reasonable quotes back soon, and our architect is going to be applying for planning permission shortly so fingers crossed that goes through.

My SO and I had a bit of an argument last night about the accountability software I have on my phone (hoverwatch) as it seems to stop working randomly, and as a result, I have to log into it to start it up (which isn't ideal), but even then, it doesn't always seem to work.

I know I have not given enough reason for her to trust me about this, especially considering recent problems, so it is completely reasonable for her to think that I might be sabotaging it so I could PM without being found out.

I also know that I don't want to throw this away, and I definitely don't want to slip back down that path. I just need to work on rebuilding the trust between us, and rebuild our relationship.

Having so much positivity at the moment does make it easier to deal with these things, and we have a lot of positive things coming up. I also think that starting to meditate again is helping.

16. Acky31

Acky31 Fapstronaut

Day 151.

Feeling pretty good today, we are applying for planning permission today and we are starting to get quotes now.

I have to say that I'm excited about starting work on the house. But first things first, we need to get permission.

Also, thanks to @Kenzi and @Freddiefox for suggesting ever accountable. We have just installed it and are trialling it, and just having it on my phone makes me feel a little better.

I have been doing pretty well at sticking to my list and I've been keeping my recovery at the forefront of my mind to motivate me in avoiding ogling, and keeping on track.

Kenzi likes this.
  17. Acky31

Acky31 Fapstronaut

Day 152.

Yesterday, we had another argument, and it was brought up that I had been lying for just over a quarter of my "recovery" because of ogling, hence we have less trust than before.

I know I've messed things up really bad, yet again, I just need her to know that I want to be held accountable again.

So, I started to day off feeling pretty negative, but I think I have recovered my positivity as the day has gone on, and I think that meditation has helped to an extent.

All of our plans for the extension have been sent off, and we will give official notice to our neighbours that we have submitted plans for planning permission today.

18. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

Ok.

.... Ready for blunt?

What all are do you doing for recovery?

Deleted Account likes this.
  19. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

And SO math on recovery - carrys high dividends... Because you are required to pay interest onto the bank of trust.
    Don't miss a payment!
    And you aren't allowed anymore grace on overdraft protection.
    So
    .... It's not her math... It's yours. :)
    The "bank" is fine.

Queen_Of_Hearts_13 likes this.
  20. Acky31

Acky31 Fapstronaut

Day 153.

@Kenzi, I am contributing and reading a lot more on this site, as well as keeping this journal. I also write a physical "thoughts" journal where I write things for my wife to read.

Aside from that, I also send her messages throughout the day (admittedly some days better than others, but much better recently) updating her on issues I've had, and I am also working out daily to try and give myself something to focus my energy on when she isn't around (and obviously it's making me feel physically better as well).

We obviously also have accountability software (although I know this isn't something I do, or a sacrifice I have to make, but it's something that I want to try and make her feel a little more comfortable).

I am more than open to suggestions from anybody as to ways I can improve myself in this area though.