1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How long does the refractory period usually last?

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by FapFapFapNoMore, Aug 11, 2018.

1. FapFapFapNoMore

FapFapFapNoMore Fapstronaut

How long does the refractory period usually last? Until how many days is the average joe can refill/ have a full tank of spunk (semen) in the balls? (sorry for my bad language if that's a trigger) I'm practicing PMO and semen retention but I spilled 7 days ago, and I still feel like I haven't recovered fully and I still feel like I'm missing a part of myself. lol

Amukadi8 likes this.
  2. Amenquaruzz8

Amenquaruzz8 Fapstronaut

any where from 3 days to 7 days or more depending on your health and condition...you can also look up the Taoist equation for semen retention...

FapFapFapNoMore likes this.
  3. Think you're mixing up two different things.
    Refractionary period is the timespan between an orgasm and when you can get the next time aroused. This depends very much from your age, between a few minutes and some hours.
    The other thing is the time to "refill" your semen until "full". For that i don't have any serious figure. Out of my own experience i would say about 10 days.

4. Anonymous86

Anonymous86 Fapstronaut

Is the flatline basically an extended refractionary period?

5. @Anonymous86, I'd say no, because while in an refractionary period you cannot get an erection, but in an flatline you could if you were physically stimulated / stimulate yourself.

6. Anonymous86

Anonymous86 Fapstronaut

I can't really get an erection. idk what I have but I'm going to try and reboot.

7. @Anonymous86, the refractionary period is very short and only immediately after an orgasm. Really, maximum a few hours. If it is much longer and not related to an orgasm it might rather be an ED issue.

8. Anonymous86

Anonymous86 Fapstronaut

Which probably points to PIED in my case.

9. Fork2323

Fork2323 Fapstronaut

It takes me about 2 months to get into full super power mode.. then everything shifts to a hiGher octive.

10. seaguy44

seaguy44 Moderator Assistant

For me usually around day 10. When I get blue balls around that, it feels very full in my balls. It feels more solid.

11. torrace

torrace Fapstronaut

Refractory period: between 15 to 30 minutes
    'full tank': 2-4 days